August 22, 2014 | 1655 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Farouk CHI - Chi Ceramic Flat Iron by Farouk

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by pradapuff

I have owned three of these irons. The first I purchased was the original, the second I purchased was because a pink one was available for Breast Cancer Research (I gave away my first one). I have a small iron for bangs.
This is the BEST iron that I have EVER owned. It heats up quickly and works beautifully. I have very thick and wavy hair and am able to make my hair strait and manageable with this product!
This item should not be purchased at a big box store, because it is a copy cat item and not the original, and not the same as an origional Farouk Chi iron.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by risris89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

The ONLY straightener I trust on my hair! It heats up in about one minute and it makes my hair perfectly straight. I have used other straighteners before this one and once I tried this, I was in shock how amazing my hair looked compared to what I was using before. I have gone through 3 of these irons and I am now on my 4th one. They last about 2 years or so maybe 3 at most. But if you are like me and straighten your hair mostly everyday, plan on about 2 years with the straightener. Even if it is a little pricey, it is seriously worth every penny, NO JOKE! I keep coming back to it because I trust nothing else! My HG for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by MeaghanSKILLZ

I have proudly owned my Chi for 4 years. It is great! I have thick wavy hair and it easily straightens it, without drying it out. I've also dropped this poor thing numerous times and it still works great. Absolutely love it and would recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by cia_agent86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had my Chi for a couple of years. My hair was curly when I was younger and now it's just wavy and frizzy. I bought this from a Trade Secrets (w/ a discount for mall employees). I find that it works really well and quickly and it doesn't "toast" my hair as previous reviewers have said. I do have to say that I use it off and on and I use conditioning treatments regularly, and perhaps that's the reason it's less damaging on me The best way to straighten is to in up your hair in sections and straighten small sections at a time, and try to go slowly and over the area over once. I also have heard of people using straighteners on WET hair (bad idea I think!). I also use a pre-straightening serum while my hair is wet and let it air dry before I straighten.

Those are my tips :) I do <3 this straightener! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Iseoulgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This straightener is a bit pricey, but it straightens and curls hair amazingly. It isn't thee best quality out there, but every heat styling tool will cause damage to your hair whether you like it or not. It gets the job done and is much safer than a drugstore brand that will kill your hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by reillykat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Toasted my hair. The Sebu works much better. Overrated and overpriced.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 2:15:00 AM More reviews by tawxil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to say, this straightener is really great...but not the best. The best is some random straightener my hairstlylist used on me and I'm gonna go back and find out the name...but I'm getting ahead of myself. Overall, it does the job and it does it well. I've had it for over 2 years and only now has it decided to eff off and not get as hot and the coating is starting to wear down too....I should mention my hair is thick, curly and has a mind of its own. Think Medusa. And when I'm done with this straightener, it's smooth and sleek. And then I walk outside and am greeted with my friend humidity and I go old school Carrot Top....ANYWAYS. Good flat iron...totally recommend it.
And really effing expensive....but worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2010 2:54:00 AM More reviews by LoveLightPink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've had this for a little more than two years. I generally use a heat spray with this but of course your hair will get damaged if you use it daily. It does do a good job of straightening my slightly wavy and frizzy hair.
I don't think i would buy this again considering i think it will last for awhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by tinadu27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

cheapest at spadina college beauty supply

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Annyutka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

To get to the point: I've used waaaay cheaper flatirons (Remington, Conair, Revlon, etc.) which have given me better results than this CHI.

I am appalled by how damaging this flatiron has been to my hair despite having religiously ALWAYS applying a heat protection prior to usage. I recently got a trim and now I need to go back for another one?! Completely ridiculous! I, too, feel as though I've been scammed or something. Any "ceramic" in it is purely fake, IMHO! C

Don't waste your hard-earned money on this expensive junk - most likely anything else labeled with ceramic blades can't possibly be worse than this one