November 26, 2014 | 1766 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Farouk CHI - Chi Ceramic Flat Iron by Farouk

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by LandersPistol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Best straightner I have found for my wavy in places hair. I'm on my 3rd or 4th one, and about to have to buy another. They won't last you forever, but it will be reliable for a few years. I think each of mine have had a life of about 1.5 to 2.5 years each. If the cord was more durable they could last a lot longer. I would love to find a better straigtner, but this one does the job for now.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Many love this. Great for thick or hard to straighten hair, for sure.

CONS: Quite expensive. Just way too hot for me. My hair is quite damaged and fine, so it must be better for hair that just isn't like mine.

ALTERNATES: I do better with a Tool Science Ion Silver.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by dpatel1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love my CHI! I got it for my birthday, it just straightens SO well. Love love love

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by jesiij

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This thing gets sooo hot soo fast. Idk about the newer versions but I have the original chi and It has no tempt. settings. I recommend this for coarse,thick, hard to straighten hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by elovejoy25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have owned many, many hair straighteners in my young life and most of them were salon quality and none of them were as good as the Chi flat iron. What can I say other than: it's easy to use, effective, fast-working and doesn't damage my hair too much. Save up for this, it's worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by pradapuff

I have owned three of these irons. The first I purchased was the original, the second I purchased was because a pink one was available for Breast Cancer Research (I gave away my first one). I have a small iron for bangs.
This is the BEST iron that I have EVER owned. It heats up quickly and works beautifully. I have very thick and wavy hair and am able to make my hair strait and manageable with this product!
This item should not be purchased at a big box store, because it is a copy cat item and not the original, and not the same as an origional Farouk Chi iron.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by risris89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

The ONLY straightener I trust on my hair! It heats up in about one minute and it makes my hair perfectly straight. I have used other straighteners before this one and once I tried this, I was in shock how amazing my hair looked compared to what I was using before. I have gone through 3 of these irons and I am now on my 4th one. They last about 2 years or so maybe 3 at most. But if you are like me and straighten your hair mostly everyday, plan on about 2 years with the straightener. Even if it is a little pricey, it is seriously worth every penny, NO JOKE! I keep coming back to it because I trust nothing else! My HG for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by MeaghanSKILLZ

I have proudly owned my Chi for 4 years. It is great! I have thick wavy hair and it easily straightens it, without drying it out. I've also dropped this poor thing numerous times and it still works great. Absolutely love it and would recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by cia_agent86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had my Chi for a couple of years. My hair was curly when I was younger and now it's just wavy and frizzy. I bought this from a Trade Secrets (w/ a discount for mall employees). I find that it works really well and quickly and it doesn't "toast" my hair as previous reviewers have said. I do have to say that I use it off and on and I use conditioning treatments regularly, and perhaps that's the reason it's less damaging on me The best way to straighten is to in up your hair in sections and straighten small sections at a time, and try to go slowly and over the area over once. I also have heard of people using straighteners on WET hair (bad idea I think!). I also use a pre-straightening serum while my hair is wet and let it air dry before I straighten.

Those are my tips :) I do <3 this straightener! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Iseoulgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This straightener is a bit pricey, but it straightens and curls hair amazingly. It isn't thee best quality out there, but every heat styling tool will cause damage to your hair whether you like it or not. It gets the job done and is much safer than a drugstore brand that will kill your hair.