August 29, 2014 | 1808 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by RosieJ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried Maybelline Dream Matte Powder after getting the recommendation from a few ladies on the makeup board. I absolutely love it. The powder is very finely milled and doesn't look cakey when applied. It also doesn't settle into my fine lines which is a big plus at my age (56). I am using this over Cover Girl's Outlast 3 in 1 foundation and it gives my face an airbrushed look. I bought it in the shade Sand-Medium which is a good match for my NC30 skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by macshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It covers my pores well, makes my a skin matte, and doesn't cake.

However, this is by no means a natural looking powder. It still looks like you're wearing makeup. The powder is finely milled, but felt course against my skin no matter what brush I used. The packaging also seems inconvenient. The mirror and powder puff spin out instead of flip open.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by maya1975

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

please give this powder a try...it is the BEST drugstore powder for all skin types espiacially the oily acne-prone sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by IraP

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best drugstore powder. Great coverage and I never experience caking or change in color on my face. Blends well too. It's a keeper!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Mizukix

I think this product is not too bad, for a drugstore product. I don't use the sponge that's included because the first time I used it, it made my face look extremely cakey. I used a brush and lightly applied it all over my face and it made my face look flawless AND natural. I'd definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2013 5:58:00 AM More reviews by Jstar668

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ladies with sensitive skin - BEWARE!

First impressions: I liked this powder quite a bit in the beginning, so much so that I repurchased it more than once. The product itself gives a flawless finish, never seems to look cakey and does a great job of hiding imperfections.

Packaging: Leaves something to be desired. Clumsy design (like working with a Transformer) in a dull beige color.

Experience: However, it also contributed to the overall decline of my skin & clogged my pores. I'm 24 and hadn't struggled with acne since 8th grade but, for the last 6 months, I found myself dealing with aggressive break outs on my cheeks and chin. For the life of me I couldn't figure out what was causing my acne. Not only was my skin red and irritated, I was also getting tiny bumps all over that I couldn't get rid of. My pores were looking bigger and bigger, also something I'd never dealt with.

I ended up changing my skincare regimen, experimenting with masks/at home treatments, taking new vitamins & changing my foundation to no avail. My acne would improve very slightly but then I would get those tiny bumps all over my cheeks & bigger clusters of acne in the same spots on my face. I don't know why it took me so long to realize that is was my POWDER and not my liquid foundation that was the culprit. I bought an acne clearing system which seemed to work but was still using this powder & my pimples kept coming back, many times worse than before. Only a week ago I realized that the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder was making me break out like crazy!

I immediately stopped using it and invested in a mineral powder and like magic my skin began to clear up in one day...Clearly, it was my fault for not realizing that this powder was wreaking havoc on my face...but I didn't think I was using enough for it to make such a huge impact on my skin. I hope this review helps those of you struggling like I've been. In a weeks time, my skin looks better than it has in 6 months and I'm much more aware now of what goes on my face as well as the ingredients.

If you're like me and don't wear a ton of makeup on a daily basis, chances are your powder is going to expire before you put a major dent in it. So, just as a friendly reminder, TOSS your powder if you know you've had it for too long. Its better to invest in a new compact than mess up your skin!

Ok, off my soapbox now. I wanted to share my personal experience in case anyone else was using this powder thinking it gave great coverage meanwhile fighting unexplainable break outs because I was in the dark for quite some time myself.

Bottom line: This powder contains talc and greatly clogs pores which is a no no for anyone but especially those of us with sensitive or acne prone skin! I still gave it a rating of 2 because at first it DID give a nice finish and covered my imperfections (before I realized it was causing them).

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by LittleNettle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite powders, I buy the lightest shade and it matches my very pale skin quite well. It is also lasts all day with very little need to reapply.

I use this with the dream matte mouse or the liquid and they work perfectly together.

I would recommend this to a friend.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by lilmomomo

matte most of the day!

helps when i use certain foundations that usually cause my skin to get really really oily. I top it off with this powder and then my skin actually gets more matte

maybe a bit cakey if i apply too much.. or near the end of the day.
definitely not as nice as when i apply it early in the day

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by justinetindall

I needed another face powder to replace my Clinique Almost Makeup Powder because it was too dark.
Maybelline Matte Powder is actually really good.. for the price. It does what it says it does, and there is virtually no downfall of effects that I have seen. It doesn't cover too much, I would say a light coverage, but it does keep your skin matte and smooth looking. It is easy to blend and doesn't look like you are wearing makeup. I use this alone, or when I go out, I set it over my concealer unders eyes and over minor flaws. I got it for $10 at Target in Canada, and I am pretty happy with my purchase. I am glad I listened to the reviews.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by reginaaaa

I liked this product, but I didn't love it. This was a purchase that I carefully made, I did some researching before buying it, and people loved it, so I tried it.
My search still continues to find a powder that doesn't have a powdery cakey finish to it. This powder was decent, and it wasn't too powdery or cakey, and the formula was good as well. I use this to set my Covergirl 3-in-1 foundation, and it does work well. But there are many drugstore foundations out there that are better, and the color choice is sort of poor. I can not see myself making this purchase again, but I will finish my pack of this, because I like it enough.