November 21, 2014 | 1695 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by gabby1765

Im in love with this powder! It really sets my foundation and its bearly noticeable you have makeup! Easy to use, easy packaging , not too expensive! I would 100% buy this again :D

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by ritaoutt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am loving this powder. It gives just the right amount of coverage over a BB cream or foundation. It is light and does not cake up. I've been using it now for a little over a month and will definitely be re-purchasing once I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by RosieJ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried Maybelline Dream Matte Powder after getting the recommendation from a few ladies on the makeup board. I absolutely love it. The powder is very finely milled and doesn't look cakey when applied. It also doesn't settle into my fine lines which is a big plus at my age (56). I am using this over Cover Girl's Outlast 3 in 1 foundation and it gives my face an airbrushed look. I bought it in the shade Sand-Medium which is a good match for my NC30 skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by macshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It covers my pores well, makes my a skin matte, and doesn't cake.

However, this is by no means a natural looking powder. It still looks like you're wearing makeup. The powder is finely milled, but felt course against my skin no matter what brush I used. The packaging also seems inconvenient. The mirror and powder puff spin out instead of flip open.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by maya1975

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

please give this powder a try...it is the BEST drugstore powder for all skin types espiacially the oily acne-prone sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by IraP

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best drugstore powder. Great coverage and I never experience caking or change in color on my face. Blends well too. It's a keeper!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Mizukix

I think this product is not too bad, for a drugstore product. I don't use the sponge that's included because the first time I used it, it made my face look extremely cakey. I used a brush and lightly applied it all over my face and it made my face look flawless AND natural. I'd definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2013 5:58:00 AM More reviews by Jstar668

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ladies with sensitive skin - BEWARE!

First impressions: I liked this powder quite a bit in the beginning, so much so that I repurchased it more than once. The product itself gives a flawless finish, never seems to look cakey and does a great job of hiding imperfections.

Packaging: Leaves something to be desired. Clumsy design (like working with a Transformer) in a dull beige color.

Experience: However, it also contributed to the overall decline of my skin & clogged my pores. I'm 24 and hadn't struggled with acne since 8th grade but, for the last 6 months, I found myself dealing with aggressive break outs on my cheeks and chin. For the life of me I couldn't figure out what was causing my acne. Not only was my skin red and irritated, I was also getting tiny bumps all over that I couldn't get rid of. My pores were looking bigger and bigger, also something I'd never dealt with.

I ended up changing my skincare regimen, experimenting with masks/at home treatments, taking new vitamins & changing my foundation to no avail. My acne would improve very slightly but then I would get those tiny bumps all over my cheeks & bigger clusters of acne in the same spots on my face. I don't know why it took me so long to realize that is was my POWDER and not my liquid foundation that was the culprit. I bought an acne clearing system which seemed to work but was still using this powder & my pimples kept coming back, many times worse than before. Only a week ago I realized that the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder was making me break out like crazy!

I immediately stopped using it and invested in a mineral powder and like magic my skin began to clear up in one day...Clearly, it was my fault for not realizing that this powder was wreaking havoc on my face...but I didn't think I was using enough for it to make such a huge impact on my skin. I hope this review helps those of you struggling like I've been. In a weeks time, my skin looks better than it has in 6 months and I'm much more aware now of what goes on my face as well as the ingredients.

If you're like me and don't wear a ton of makeup on a daily basis, chances are your powder is going to expire before you put a major dent in it. So, just as a friendly reminder, TOSS your powder if you know you've had it for too long. Its better to invest in a new compact than mess up your skin!

Ok, off my soapbox now. I wanted to share my personal experience in case anyone else was using this powder thinking it gave great coverage meanwhile fighting unexplainable break outs because I was in the dark for quite some time myself.

Bottom line: This powder contains talc and greatly clogs pores which is a no no for anyone but especially those of us with sensitive or acne prone skin! I still gave it a rating of 2 because at first it DID give a nice finish and covered my imperfections (before I realized it was causing them).

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by LittleNettle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite powders, I buy the lightest shade and it matches my very pale skin quite well. It is also lasts all day with very little need to reapply.

I use this with the dream matte mouse or the liquid and they work perfectly together.

I would recommend this to a friend.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by lilmomomo

matte most of the day!

helps when i use certain foundations that usually cause my skin to get really really oily. I top it off with this powder and then my skin actually gets more matte

maybe a bit cakey if i apply too much.. or near the end of the day.
    definitely not as nice as when i apply it early in the day