December 21, 2014 | 1451 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Voluminous Marker eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2008 3:24:00 PM More reviews by narquelie

This is the best eyeliner I've ever, ever bought! I'm not a fan of pencils because they don't go on (or off) smoothly and never become dark or sharp or dramatic enough. Liquids are messy and look too unnatural. Voluminous is fantastic. The formula is super thin and opaque and goes on like a fineliner pen. Can't find it anymore near me-- drugstore lady told me it was discontinued, but if anybody sees it I urge you to try it. Changed my life. Looking for replacement, taking suggestions :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by starlakitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've wanted to try a liquid eyeliner for some time now, and I saw this at Walgreens and decided to give it a whirl. I bought one in black and black/brown.

I'll be honest, I'm not so great with liquid eyeliner. I typically wear a self sharpening pencil liner and I was looking for something darker for special occasions. I figured the marker tip would be easy for someone like me to apply. I have tried liquid eyeliners with brushes and they just don't work for me. :(

So anyway. I messed around with this for a while and could NOT get anything less than a horrible thick line across the middle of my eyelids. I watched a YouTube video and someone suggested using an angled liner brush to apply it, which worked except that the line was too thin. :/ If I wanted a thin light line, I'd be better off just using what I already have!

I'm going to give this to my younger sister. She is better with makeup than I am and maybe she can make use of this!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2008 8:06:00 PM More reviews by westendgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I saw L'Oreal's Voluminous eyeliner marker at Kmart and thought I would give it a try. Since I'm not one to usually spend much on makeup, I found it to be a little pricey at 9 dollars. But the concept of eyeliner in the form of a marker sounded pretty cool and I gave it a try. When I opened the package I was rather disappointed at the large chisel tip it has. I played around with it a bit and finally I was able to make a decent line, but the color smudged really easily if you didn't wait for it to dry. A couple days later I gave it a "debut" and wore it with eyeshadow to an event, but after only 3 hours I came home and saw that the lines had bled all over the crease of both my eyelids...and not just little lines, but really big and super dark marks. I tried it again a few more times with the same result. My eyes really aren't that oily and I had my doubts that a nonpermanent marker would work on skin, and I was right. Now it's just a really expensive black marker that I keep with my art supplies. I really wouldn't recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2008 7:47:00 PM More reviews by iadyenj

I like the concept of this product. It dries very quickly, it doesn't smudge throughout the day and it's much easier to draw a straight line than most other liquid liners.

However, the color runs out quickly and then it becomes a pain in the *ss to apply. It gets dry and if you reapply, it'll take off anything that is already there.

By storing it upside down, I have been able to prolong the color. It works for a simple line, but when I want a cat eye, I have to use a different liquid liner to draw it on.

For a quick application, it does the job.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by dorom18

Usually I buy pencil eyeliners but I must say this is the best liquid liner I have ever used. The hard marker like tip makes it easier to apply than a liner brush and it lasts all day. You can make the line thick or thin depending on how you hold the "marker".

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2008 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Jenna6686

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this once and found it impossible to work with. It gave me a very thick, very unpigmented greyish line, instead of black. After a few very unsuccessful attempts to get it to cooperate, I angrily dropped it in the trash (though now I'm wondering why I didn't just return it).

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2008 6:33:00 PM More reviews by bebexlove

[EDIT] This eyeliner is a nogo for me.. doesn't mark as good as I would like.. there are better eyeliners out there.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2008 2:48:00 AM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I first put this on, I thought the line was a little thicker than I would like, it went on easily and evenly though, so no big deal. Within an hour it had faded to a light gray. Terrible!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2008 6:18:00 PM More reviews by dhuma

Wow...I can't believe there are so many negative reviews for this product. I NEVER use liquid liners and I managed to get a thin line quiet easily. I have no idea what everyone is talking about. The color is a little sheer (the got the color black and it looks more like a very dark brown) but it doesn't crease through out the day, which is huge for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2008 10:56:00 PM More reviews by xtinemax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

What the hell? Why is the tip a marker tip? Yes, they took the chisel tip of a grade schooler's art project marker and stuck it on the tip of this so called eyeliner. Why is the tip so big? It's impossible to get a line thinner than a mile with this ridiculous marker tip. Great if you're going for the thick rocker or chola look, not so much for controlled eyelining. I can imagine what was going through their minds: "Hey, wouldn't it be easier to line eyes if the eyeliner was like a marker? Most of these grown women would have learned how to color in the lines by kindergarten soo..."

Also, the color is sheer.. like drawing on your eye with a waterbased marker. It doesn't last either. I pretty much blinked once and it disappeared.

Pros: Not having to dip it in something. Convenient in that aspect. Good for drawing on people, better than say, a sharpie because it's less toxic.