October 24, 2014 | 1159 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Voluminous Marker eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2008 7:47:00 PM More reviews by iadyenj

I like the concept of this product. It dries very quickly, it doesn't smudge throughout the day and it's much easier to draw a straight line than most other liquid liners.

However, the color runs out quickly and then it becomes a pain in the *ss to apply. It gets dry and if you reapply, it'll take off anything that is already there.

By storing it upside down, I have been able to prolong the color. It works for a simple line, but when I want a cat eye, I have to use a different liquid liner to draw it on.

For a quick application, it does the job.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by dorom18

Usually I buy pencil eyeliners but I must say this is the best liquid liner I have ever used. The hard marker like tip makes it easier to apply than a liner brush and it lasts all day. You can make the line thick or thin depending on how you hold the "marker".

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2008 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Jenna6686

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this once and found it impossible to work with. It gave me a very thick, very unpigmented greyish line, instead of black. After a few very unsuccessful attempts to get it to cooperate, I angrily dropped it in the trash (though now I'm wondering why I didn't just return it).

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2008 6:33:00 PM More reviews by bebexlove

[EDIT] This eyeliner is a nogo for me.. doesn't mark as good as I would like.. there are better eyeliners out there.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2008 2:48:00 AM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I first put this on, I thought the line was a little thicker than I would like, it went on easily and evenly though, so no big deal. Within an hour it had faded to a light gray. Terrible!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2008 6:18:00 PM More reviews by dhuma

Wow...I can't believe there are so many negative reviews for this product. I NEVER use liquid liners and I managed to get a thin line quiet easily. I have no idea what everyone is talking about. The color is a little sheer (the got the color black and it looks more like a very dark brown) but it doesn't crease through out the day, which is huge for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2008 10:56:00 PM More reviews by xtinemax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

What the hell? Why is the tip a marker tip? Yes, they took the chisel tip of a grade schooler's art project marker and stuck it on the tip of this so called eyeliner. Why is the tip so big? It's impossible to get a line thinner than a mile with this ridiculous marker tip. Great if you're going for the thick rocker or chola look, not so much for controlled eyelining. I can imagine what was going through their minds: "Hey, wouldn't it be easier to line eyes if the eyeliner was like a marker? Most of these grown women would have learned how to color in the lines by kindergarten soo..."

Also, the color is sheer.. like drawing on your eye with a waterbased marker. It doesn't last either. I pretty much blinked once and it disappeared.

Pros: Not having to dip it in something. Convenient in that aspect. Good for drawing on people, better than say, a sharpie because it's less toxic.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not good for me. I can't seem to find a way to control this, and I am a ninja with liquid eyeliners. When I got it to look decent once, it smudged and smeared like crazy. The marker- just not a good thing. I actually use this to label burned CDs with calligraphy.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2008 3:21:00 PM More reviews by cheeryness

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought it today-thinking I could save a few bucks and get something similar to Mallys Shaping secret eyeliner. NOT! Even using Mally's tips for application-it was just like using a felt marker! Me no likey and it is going back for a refund!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2008 2:53:00 AM More reviews by clumpy_dumpy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The applicator is really, really rough but I thought the concept was good. This eyeliner is much easier to apply than the traditional liquid eyeliners with the pointy brush-lilke applicators. I don't like how sheer the color is. I got Black Brown and was expecting a deep brown but it turned out light and sheer. It looks decent for day. Pretty natural. Gave it three stars because it's average. I don't know if I'll buy this product again.