September 2, 2014 | 878 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by xmikimagoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this product so much! I bought it after reading some of the glowing reviews on here. I wanted to give powder foundation a go because it seemed to be a much quicker alternative to liquid foundation. I'm always on the go, so I need something that won't take a lot of time to apply. As much as it works in that aspect, I suspect that it made me break out. I hadn't changed anything else in my routine (skincare or makeup), and within a couple days of using this, I got THREE angry cysts on my face. I never get cystic acne so I knew this had to be the culprit. I loved the coverage and finish of this product, so it really saddened me that I had to return it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Keekeekhatun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this around 2 years ago when I really liked the matte flawless look, I used it all the time on top of my foundation, then I just started to wear concealer and this pressed onto my skin (AMAZING COVERAGE), and now I tend to just use it on my blemishes as I prefer a dewy look. This is a staple, has lasted me the full two years and gives a coverage like no other! Can be used wet or dry, comes with a good latex sponge in a seperate storage compartment so you can put lashes in there on the way back home from a night out!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by andjanir

It is a very good powder. I have acne-prone, and also a oily skin. It has a medium coverage and a light finished look, so i use it for daily use.

But i wouldnt use it for a formal occasion without put foundation or bb cream as a base.

Anyway i use C3 here!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by rosat93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love using this powder when I don't feel like using my studio fix liquid foundation. It evens out my skin without it making my face look 'cakey'. However if using liquid foundation and this powder make sure to use a very light hand. Prefer this over my Stay Matte powder by Rimmel.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Heliana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a love/hate relationship with this product and I will explain immediately why.
If I use it alone without another foundation on top and only very lightly, it gives a very nice simple coverage and natural.
If I use it on top of a liquid foundation, no matter how lightly I apply it (stippling brush, puff, fan brush etc) it looks very cakey and horrible.
In both cases it doesn't show any dry patches on my skin which is great though.
I have a looong time and I still haven't finish it because I don't reach for it that much so I probably would not repurchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by AuroraSom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to say this is the BEST powder foundation I have ever used. Keep in mind that there are a lot of silicones in it to make it go on smooth and not get all blotchy. I'm an NC25. I have larger pores by my nose and I have a very oily t-zone and moderately oily on the rest of my face but not a problem when it comes to makeup. I like to use milk of magnesia on my t-zone and doing so makes the foundation stay in place and not crease into the smile lines.

I find that this foundation gives light to medium coverage. I tend to get the occasional breakout on the side of my face and not have problems in the center. I usually use a dense kabuki brush to sort of pat on the powder and buff it into the center to put very little there and i still get good coverage and have no problems with it fading or not covering.

I LOVE that there is a color for me. I have quite a yellow undertone and use NC25 and it works great for me. Other powders I've used have more pink in them or are neutral and I'd end up looking pink or ashy. With this powder and color it doesn't give me that mask-like appearance.

I feel as though the silicones in it also prevent it from looking super chalky and gross, it's matte but not chalky.

I love the packaging and how they separated the sponge from laying on top of the powder. I don't use the sponge but I know people do and this is just a nice design for those people.

This powder foundation is the absolute best there is when it comes to powder foundation. It's a light powder but actually covers without getting chalky or going on unevenly and with the color selection you're not gonna end up with a lighter colored face or orange

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by bklescewski

I had to write a review for this powder foundation. I have tried literally EVERY friggin' powder foundation this earth has to offer... and THIS foundation offers the best coverage than any other pressed powder foundation. I love that it is matte and covers almost all my flaws without any other foundation beneath it. This powder foundation IS a foundation, therefore those of you applying a liquid AND this on top are going to get a cakey look (unless you're very experienced- it can look great!) .

It usually stays put for a few hours before I get oily and need a touch up, but I have come to the conclusion that ALL makeup will need some touching up throughout the day... I usually replace the sponges throughout using one cake because I can tell that the build-up of oil from my face can cause little white heads if I don't replace the sponge. I use a cream and a primer with SPF before I apply and use an angled, flat head brush to apply to my face. It looks perfect and keeps my oily skin matte all day. I also have found that many other powder foundations cause acne flare-ups, but this powder doesn't do that for me. It literally is the perfect powder foundation and I plan to continue buying this product (along with all other MAC products - especially blush and lipsticks!) for a long time!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by sophiedecay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Its good for touch ups on the go. Though i feel it can be abit heavy for setting foundation. It feels almost similar to the revlon photo ready powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by mcutting

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this powder foundation. I wear the color N3 and have just hit pan on my second powder. I have moderately clear skin and really just some uneven spots that I like to cover and this is PERFECT for that. I use it with my everyday foundation and it goes on perfect. I will say, if you're planning on buying this to go over a liquid, I would be cautious because since it's such a rich powder it might either cake or make your face darker than it already is. (I've had the issue multiple times.) This powder isn't really a setting powder. Other than that, I will keep buying this powder until I find a better one! It's definitely my every day go-to.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by SNN91Reviewer

I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT TO ANYONE!.

I've tried to like this product but it has failed me every time.

It has great coverage for acne but only makes acne a hundred times worse.

There's has been special occasions I have said to myself 'maybe I'll just wear it for tonight for a few hours, it will look nice because it covers blemishes well, and I'll thoroughly wash my face when I get home' and by the end of the night I have a huge pimple or two and all my pores are blocked.

Basically... I wouldn't even use this on my dog. It should be taken off the shelf ASAP.
M.A.C are liars, they just want your money. I'm done buying anything from them.

£21 for bad skin? umm no thanks!.