MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 10/19/2014 4:47:00 PM

This is my favorite powder foundation of all time. Omg. I feel like you dont use this alone though, you put it on top of another liquid foundation for the perfect amazing finish. I have pretty bad skin, and I usually dont look good, but this covers it all up and I dont look like a freaking just painted over all my pimples with paint. It looks good and flawless and lasts for hours, I dont need to reput this on at all throughout the day. Its not that expensive considering how good it is, and I would buy this again and again, I hope MAC never stops selling this. The packaging is also very great, easy to just have in your bag. I use whipped creme foundation from Max Factor, suprisingy, under, and they work great together. I use the MAC 130 brush to put the liquid foundation on. This is like a concealer and foundation in one, love it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

They no longer make this in C-1 or N-1, but it doesn't matter anyway, the product makes the skin look dead & flat. I have very young looking, glowing, smooth skin & this product just covered all that up. It was terrible. I washed it off & looked 10 years younger. I don't wear foundation 99% of the time, so it wasn't really a big deal that this stuff didn't work.

Most of the colors were hideous, like clown colors. C-1 & N-1 were those hard to come by, highly coveted, super pale colors that light skinned women search high & low for. And they stopped making them. C-2 & N-2 are too dark for those with light skin, way too much yellow & pink, respectively. And forget about the rest of the colors if you have light skin - the rest of the colors are too dark...NC-1, NC-2, NW-1, NW-2...all terribly over run with pink, orange. It's good that MAC makes colors for the main stream, but they need to make colors for women with light skin too.

on 10/3/2014 11:35:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE. <3

Honestly, I can't say enough great things about this powder. I do first off, have to make a comment in regards to the person saying that if you have acne prone skin, it will make it worse. I have to say that beyond any shadow of a doubt, this product will NOT make acne worse.

For reference I have terrible skin. It's combination, prone to excessive sebum clogs, if the wind so much as blows the wrong way I will break out. I am sensitive to just about EVERYTHING. Shoddy ingredients, fragrance... I have such a hard time trying new cosmetics because 9/10 times it will cause me to break out with cysts.

There are only a handful of cosmetics and types of makeup I can use that my skin will accept, and THIS POWDER is one of those items. I had initially been sad about the price. (Let's be real. $30 for a small compact powder isn't my idea of a great time when I live alone in NYC.) I used up my first compact (NC25) and I went to Sephora and tried their Sephora line of compact powders. I LOVED the way those worked. Great coverage, idential to MAC in that regard. However I was noticing tons of clogged pores along my jaw line and on my cheeks, my forehead broke out like a mad person. I slowly weeded products out and attributed it to the Sephora powder makeup.

I've since stopped using it and have gone back to MAC Studio Fix powder and my skin is slowly calming down.

Great coverage, no negative reaction. And if MY face doesn't break out from this, yours most certainly will not either.

Lasting power is great. I will put this on around 8am and my skin will still be matte, shine free, and with even skin tone until 6pm. I use Eucerin face lotion then E.L.F. face primer followed by a Sephora foundation stick, I will then stipple the Studio Fix on my face with a large powder brush.

I don't have any issue with transfter, wiping it off, or having it melt off or look cakey.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

My go to powder, love the coverage and controls my oily skin.

on 9/29/2014 3:36:00 PM

This powder have been in my life sinced my 1st yr colleged years. Its great for my oily combination skin and leaves a beautiful matte finish with exelent coverage. You can also use it wet but i, prefer to use it dry for everyday touch ups. Im in the shade nc25. (I never leave the house without it.)

on 9/21/2014 8:49:00 AM

I have never been a fan of powder ANYTHING - I have very pale skin, and powders always made me look even chalkier. But I needed a finishing powder to put on top of my BB cream so I went into MAC and picked up MSFN and loved it, so I decided to try Studio Fix because it was cheaper and promised full coverage and a matte finish.

Oh. My. Gosh.

As soon as I applied it I fell in love. Amazing coverage, beautiful matte finish, lasts for about 6 hours if used with a primer, and I will be trying it with Fix + to see if it will last longer with that. It looks great in pictures and in any type of light. Feels great on the skin - it doesn't feel like you're wearing anything at all, and your skin breathes through it. The colour range is amazing - I am NC15, so I am very pale, and this works perfectly for me. I don't need concealer or any other coverage product - just primer and Studio Fix and my face is perfect.

The price isn't bad, per se. I've been using it for two and a half months, almost every single day, and I think I have another couple weeks left of use. For $32 CAD, it's not too bad, but I think it should be a little cheaper. It is inexpensive as far as high end foundations go.

on 9/18/2014 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I used this product for many many years during high school and university. The reason I kept buying this product was because of the great coverage I felt it provided, for sure in pictures your face will look flawless but it IS true that if you have acne prone skin this product will make it way worse!! I've seen a lot of the people who claim this product is awesome are people with really bad skin and lots of acne, well it does cover up most of the imperfections, but it is actually just making it worse!!! . I stopped using this product, it is expensive and only good if you are someone who needs to somehow take pictures all the time I guess lol. However, for everyday activities it does seem a super heavy make up (e.g. school). Years after using this product now that my face is acne free, I decided to give it a try for a very important event I had at night....WORST MISTAKE!!!! my face looked perfect that night out and it didn't look super heavy since at night it does look great, but next morning my skin started to breakout again!! after so many years being acne free, I thought I could just go ahead and use it this one time, but no never again!

If you don't get acne or anything like that then I would recomend this prodcut, I myself was not a person with a heavy acne problem at all, but it did make me breakout every time I used it. After going to lots of different dermathologist they all told me the same thing, MAC products are super heavy on your skin and they do clog your pores, preventing your skin to breath and keeping all the dirt on it and hence making you breakout.

on 9/17/2014 8:05:00 PM

I spent days reading reviews on this product........i decided to get it because i finally had enough money to get it without crying after. I used it the day i got it and it worked AMAZING!! I told the bf that i finally found the perfect powder foundation and then i was sadly mistaken. Yesterday i put it on and i i noticed within about 15 mins it had completely disappeared where my glasses sit on the bridge of my nose so i figured it couldnt be that bad just do a bit of a touch up and i should be good and i was til i tried to wear it today in the heat. I dont know what exactly is the "rave" on this product but i used it today with my garnier bb cream since i knew it was going to be a bit warm out but as soon as i felt my face start to sweat i got nervous. I accidentally hit my hand on my nose and noticed that ALL my makeup on that one spot was gone completely and not only was it gone but it was on my hand so while waiting for the train i decided to again touch it up and it not only looked horrible it looked worse than before!! It caked up and looked badly blotched!!!! I feel like this powder is nothing to go crazy for i like the look of it yes i like the packaging and the color is spot on for my pale translucent skin i got it in nc20 but what is the point of those things if the product itself doesnt LOOK good? I will not be wearing this powder in the heat anymore and will update how it works in the colder weather here in NYC.

on 9/16/2014 6:44:00 AM

Actually initially felt this was a good product but after using it for 3 months my skin looks pale without make up n loads of breakout n skin got really dark..only to be used for special occasion not for daily use

Love love love this powder. It works so well with studio fix fluid foundation along with other foundations too. I find as soon as I apply it, it somehow blurs all my imperfections and just finishes everything nicely. It creates a very matte finish, so if you prefer a luminous or natural finish this may not be the powder for you. I am so glad it comes in NW10- which is the perfect shade for my very pale skin. It keeps me matte throughout the day, although if I apply a bit too much I use Mac's fix+ spray to avoid looking cakey. I have repurchased this in the past and I really hope they never discontinue this because it definitely has HG status for me!