E.L.F. Essential Eye Shadow Brush

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/23/2012 8:01:00 AM

I got this one day just to try out the elf, I usually use Mac brushes. It was horrible, all the brush hairs started falling out after one application. Fortunately I love some of the other brushes they have but this one will NOT be a do over. The only good part was its only $1

on 12/1/2012 3:49:00 PM

When I got this brush I didn't like it at all. Mine has quite short bristles, they are about 1/2 the length of my other eyeshadow brushes (although I think brushes can vary quite a bit) and isn't practical to lay down colour all over the eye.
But this brush works extremely well to place colour along the lash line and to smudge eyeshadow/liner. This is now my favourite brush from elf. Its only flaw is that is sheds hair when washed but I'm planning on ordering another few as I find it so useful.

Update: I ordered another brush and it's not as good. It's the same shape but with longer bristles and it's thicker. (More like a standard eyeshadow brush than my original). My original brush only has dark hairs and they're not really scratchy, but my new one has a mixture of colours and feels quite scratchy so I always my older brush.

Original Brush: 4 stars Newer Brush: 2 stars
Overall: 3 stars I suppose you can be lucky/unlucky depending what you get sent.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I found this brush at Dollarama and was worried that for $1.25 at DOLLARAMA would be bad quality but it is NOT!! This is an amazing price for a great brush and and it picks up product very well! I will definitly repurchase this if they are still available a dollarama

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this eyeshadow brush. It's about the best you can get in a drug store brand, defiantly the best you can get for $1. I'm working on getting another one soon since my dog ate my old one. It picks up a lot of product & blends it good. I also have the elf blending brush & the eye defining brush.

on 11/26/2012 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I loved this brush. It took eye care of packing in the eye shadow I needed. Plus the brush was a dollar and that is the ultimate steal! But the problem I have is that within 2 weeks of using the brush, the brush actually broke and I couldn't use it anymore. The glue didn't stay for me to use it. The bristles worked out fine but the packaging actually really sucked. I would suggest buying the studio brushes over these, its an extra 2 or so dollars but it's better quality than this brush.

I love e.l.f Products. There cheap and durable. This brush has no shedding and grabs the right amount of eyeshadow to apply. The brush is not rough either. I will continue to buy :)

on 11/8/2012 9:04:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I use this brush every day, and it's perfect! It collects the perfect amount of eyeshadow, and applies smoothly. My only criticism is the metal attachment on this brush and two others broke, but I can glue it together.

on 11/5/2012 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Love this brush & for the price, I'm happy to have found it. I highly recommend anyone purchasing this versatile eyeshadow brush.

on 10/19/2012 8:30:00 PM

great brush for packing on eyeshadow
does not shed and great for the eyelid area
have 3 backups
wil buy again!

on 10/18/2012 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is another E.L.F. must have. The brush is very soft and makes application a breeze. There is no tugging of the eye and not much fallout during application. Because the bristles are somewhat on the short round side, there's not alot of give to the brush. It stays put and applies the eyeshadow nice and evenly. I washed this brush before using and notice that I had ZERO shedding.

After trying this brush, and realizing just how good it is, I immediately made a repeat trip to Dollar Tree to purchase 4 more.

Popular Makeup Brushes