April 19, 2014 | 1110 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Jellyblob

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation last year and have rarely reached for it because I can't get past the smell. It is quite overpowering to me and it reminds me of the plasticky synthetic fragrances you get in cheap products you wouldn't dare put on your face, Sigh... if only I had let the MUA at Sephora do my whole face with it instead of testing it at my jawline. I don't know if it's because of the fragrance but my face itches a little whenever I have it on.

That said, it is deserving of the good reviews it has gotten here. It applies well, blends like a dream, coverage is medium and it leaves a glow (but for oily complexions this will not be flattering). I have it in #20 nd it is perfect - it takes away the redness in my NW 15/20 face and evens out my skintone.

I wish it had worked for me. I wish it was fragrance-free!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by bluegreyeyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm just finishing my 2nd bottle of this stuff. I love it. It's lightweight and best applied with my fingers... it's almost a gel formula, strange consistency but it works. Although it's lightweight the coverage is better than a tinted moisturizer for some reason - not as sheer but still light, it also doesn't get quite as oily as a TM. And it doesn't "slide" on me. However, for those of you who want your makeup to stay on for 12 hours, I don't think this does. And it's not matte...I've got oily no matter what, but I've just embraced it... I just use blotting sheets as necessary. (For the record, I've tried MUFE HD and MUFE Matte Velvet + and both are OK but nothing that I would repurchase.) This is def HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 2:16:00 AM More reviews by pammie0415

I'm quite fair (NC15) with pale Asian skin and rather neutral undertones. I read a lot of reviews saying that #38 was a good match for NC15s so I order #38. However, it turned out a little too pink for my face. It worked well for my body though. So I ended up ordering #20 as well and mixing the 2 (#38 with #20 at a 2 to 1 ratio). It was still light enough me but the #20 warmed it up enough so that it didn't look so pink but more neutral.

The coverage is really nice. It's sheer but definitely buildable to a medium coverage. I don't usually need a lot of coverage but when I get the rare break outs I wear concealer as well because the foundation itself isn't quite enough. It gives a very dewy finish which I'm actually not a huge fan of so I usually matte it down with powder and finish off with a finishing spray (like Skindinavia's finishing spray). With that this lasts ALL day from 6 in the morning to 9 at night. I don't even have to blot though it's getting quite warm now.

I personally don't mind the runny consistency at all. I actually quite like it because it's easy to work with and blend. Will definitely purchase again and again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by melliemelmel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation looks great on my skin. It's very light and doesn't settle into creases. If you want to make it less sheer, you can layer it. I use the airbrush from sephora to apply it on my face. It also blends in really easily with my neck. I always thought when I hit 40 I'd need to go heavier with foundation but this stuff proved me wrong. I'll probably never switch to anything else. I have number 2 porcelain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 7:58:00 AM More reviews by signemarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh my, I wish I tried this years ago! Most foundations out there dry my skin out, and I will put up with that for a night out if the product gives perfect color match and flawless coverage. What I really want is solid moisture upkeep in a light weight formula. I thought it just didn't exist, but it does and this is it.

With this I can say that my search for the perfect light-weight, medium coverage with a natural finish is finally over. I love this gel-like formula and how watery it feels going on the skin. I love that it simply seems to fade by the end of the day (7-8 hours) instead of sinking into my pores and accentuate dry patches.

I am pretty fair, around NW15-20 (winter/summer), truly cooltoned, and right now in late spring, this foundation in #2 is the p-e-r-f-e-c-t shade for my skin. I tried 38 (or was it 36 - it was the pinker one of the two) and it looked fine just swatching on my jawline, but made me look sick pale when put on my entire face. I had a MUFE assistant in Sephora find me the perfect shade and we did go through a few to find this match, so I will recommend you try before you buy. I was sure I was going to need the 38 or 36, but turned out to be a #2.

I really cannot recommend this foundation enough, the color selection is extensive, the formula is so moist and lightweight at the same time and the coverage is the perfect "light to medium"+buildable. It never goes matte or dry on my face and since I hate matte finishes (they accentuate my dry patches) I love this! So many products promise a natural finish (not matte, not overly dewy), so few actually deliver. This one does!

I could do without the fragrance, but I havent had any reactions to this so far. The bottle is 50 ml which is about 20 ml more than most foundation. It costs half as much as my 'for mature skin' moisture upkeeping foundations. Good value for money here.

ETA: On my 2nd bottle and still in love. Use it on it's own with Becca shimmering powders on cheekbones+temples = radiant, but natural looking skin. L-O-V-E!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by versepie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an excellent - if not my HG - foundation. And I am not a foundation person! Other foundations always felt so heavy and disgusting. This foundation is light and lovely; I hardly feel it on my skin even at the end of the day.

I went to Sephora seeking a tinted moisturizer.
The SA said they didn't have much available for my skin tone. She suggested this foundation because it is sheer but build-able. She tested it in store on my face.

I am shade #38, Pink Porcelain. It blends perfectly into my skin. My veins are blue and purple but can have a green cast in certain light. I've added a photo above.

My T-zone gets oily in the afternoon so I have to blot with some paper. But that is literally the only issue I have. There is no settling or random splotchiness, it doesn't change colour or dry out. It layers beautifully if I need more coverage, and doesn't look thick and gross. It goes on nicely with my fingers or a brush, I haven't tried a sponge yet.

I really love this foundation! I will be purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Magdalena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Evens out skin tone beautifully, providing naturally-radiant-looking, sheer-to-medium coverage. Has an amazing skin-like finish. Non-drying, too, although it can be too dewy if overapplied, and can get shiny after a while. Ivory #20 is a great color match for my skin in the warmer months. For the winter, Pink Porcelain #38 (which is supposedly yellow-based and not pink) would be better, I think. Absolutely would get it again at some point, after I try out some other foundations I'm curious about.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 3:37:00 AM More reviews by Skaramoosh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG foundation for pigmentation. I know - who'd think that such a sheer foundation would do it? But it is buildable. That's the beauty of it.

I decided to try this after reading reviews and discovering that SJP wore this in Sex and The City. I'm NC30 and bought this in shade #32, Alabaster Beige. The colour looks darker in the bottle than it does on the skin, so don't be put off by that.

I have pigmentation on my forehead, cheeks and my jaw. I hit the jackpot there. As I've headed further into my 30s, I've found that the fuller coverage foundations are either too heavy and draw attention to my dry spots and find lines, or wear off too easily.

The perfect skin for me involves the following routine: I apply clear zinc over my face after washing it and let it settle. I then apply MUFE full coverage concealer on my pigmentation (except my forehead, because it shows up dryness) and Revlon Age Defying concealer in the borners of my eyes. I then lightly dust where I've applied the MUFE concealer with MAC Prep & Prime translucent powder. I then apply two layers of foundation. I let the first layer settle, while I work on my eyes then I apply the second layer. I finish it off with a light dusting of Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick and then apply blush, lipstick etc.

I found the best application is achieved by using my fingers. A foundation brush left it a little streaky and I think a sponge would really soak it up as it's around 75% water. I'm so impressed that two layers covered up the pigmentation on my forehead without the need for concealer. I didn't think it would. And it stayed put.

The only cons to this product are: (1) you need to give the bottle a REALLY good shake before using it, which I've never had to do before with any foundation; and (2) be careful when squeezing the pump - you only need a small amount, but if you press the pump too hard, it will spit all over your cake tins, table and anything else you're standing near. So be gentle!

I love this foundation and really doubted it would give good coverage, but was pleasantly surprised at how natural a finish it gives when coupled with a good concealer, how well it lasts and how little I needed to use. Also, it doesn't draw attention to my fine lines, which made me do a happy dance.

Will definitely repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Annushka

i had a sample of this. i didnt like it at all to buy it.
i couldnt find the right colour for me at sephora, everything ran too pink or too light. i am NC35 skin tone and a perfect match to #123 in HD which is a great foundation.
the face and body comes in a glass jar with a pump, so thats a plus.
the formulation is like a jelly, and the water and the product separate. when i first pumped it onto my hand i got water so that means you have to shake it throughly before application (annoying to me as my other foundations dont need this to be done!)
when i put it on my face, the finish was matte and very chalky looking. not a good look. i used my hands to apply.
the foundation felt abit wet on my skin even though it dried which i didnt like. it didnt feel waxy. i could imagine this would transfer. the coverage was good though, i dont have blemishes, just little tiny left over acne scars and this covered them well enough that they were invisible.
i didnt wear it for the duration of the day because the colour match was way off and the foundation felt uncomfortable for me. (so i wouldnt be able to comment on longevity)
i wouldnt purchase this, i rather the MUFE HD (can be applied multitudes of ways for a range of finishes) and if youre after a natural looking foundation, i have recently trialled Estee Lauders Invisible Make Up, (excellent colour range) and will be buying this soon.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

ETA: I want to cry. Three weeks in and clogged pores on both cheeks.

I had been a mineral makeup wearer for the last several years thinking that it would help my acne-prone skin. After several years, I finally gave up the ghost: I was still getting clogged pores despite using retinoids and BHAs, often with BP. Finally, I tried the MUFE Face and Body!

In a few words: I'm in love! My aging, acne-prone skin is luminous and dark spots are covered without looking cakey. (I'm NW50 or so and while several NW50 reviewers here wear the #46 in this make up, I still find that a tad bit light for me. The #48 is pigmented enough to cover dark spots while sheer enough to allow for my own natural "reverse halo" (something common to women of color) to shine through.

I do need a highlighter/bronzer with the #48 to offer a bit of brightness but the end result is awesome. I'm done looking at other foundations for now (and my search has been YEARS in the making).

Best part? My normally clogged areas are clearing up! I can no longer squeeze gook from my pores for hours at a time after removing my makeup. I'm a happy consumer. I gave this a "4" only because I think they need to add a few more colors in the darker shade range to make the product line complete.
ETA: I apply this with Cargo's Magic Brush ... a very aptly named brush that helps the F &B to sink into my skin. Try it!!