Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Foundation

3.4

on 7/30/2009 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE bareMinerals!!! I've only been using it for about a month but I swear I'll never go back! I bought the 'Newbie Kit' on Sephora.com and got a great deal. You get 2 foundations, 1 mineral veil, and 1 warmth w/ a 'Mini Flawless Application Face Brush'. Granted it's a "newbie" kit and the products are all 0.03oz, but they last long. And you can't beat the price....$18.00 US!!!! I HIGHLY recommend this product to everyone!!

on 7/30/2009 1:29:00 PM

I love bare mineral's foundation. They offer a variety of shades to suit everyone's skin tone. If you go to their website you will see a whole bunch of girls with different skin tones. Choose which skin tone is closest to yours and then you will know which shade to get.

The foundation is lightweight, not heavy like most foundations. It provides coverage and the foundation doubles as a concealer =)

Out of all the mineral makeup out there, I would ONLY purchase Bare Escentuals.

The mineral veil is the best. I love it. I tried the original and hydrating and it works so well over the foundation.

on 7/23/2009 9:53:00 PM

I really like this foundation. I have acne prone skin that can be oily with some dry areas. I have been using this product for over 2 years and always seem to go back to it no matter what other foundations I try. Recently, I tried the Clinique Superfit Foundation with Mac Mineralize Skinfinish to set it. I just don't feel like it gives me the light, smooth, yet complete coverage that Bare Minerals does. I read about some people complaining that it doesn't stay very matte after a while and I agree. That's why I use the mineral veil during hot days to give me a nice, matte finish. The only reason I'm giving this product 4 lippies instead of 5, is that I find that the color selection isn't great. I would like to see more of a range.

on 7/9/2009 2:54:00 PM

when i bought the foundation 3 yrs ago I think it was a diferent formula and it worked for me but recently it ran out so I bought a new one and noticed they were not the same. The new one didn't make my face itch but it seemed to oxidize on my face within a couple hrs and my face became really shiny and gross...and I have dry skin. My skin doesn't get greasy and even when it does it's not a lot and not noticeable. I have dull skin. It's weird though because even though it made my skin shiny, it excentuates my DRY SPOTS. I have patches everywhere of dried skin and it looks terrible. I am so dissapointed. And I hate the veil as well. Made my face look disgustingly cakey and dried up and it only kept it dry for 3-4 hrs which is not enough for me. It did even out my redness on my cheeks but if it only lasts 4 hrs and looks terrible after that, it's useless for my 12 hrs work day. Shame though, this foundation was the only one I found that didn't cause my skin to break out more or irritate. I'm dissapointed

UPDATE: I hate putting on extra stuff on my face but since this foundation looked so bad on me alone I decided to use primer again. With the primer the foundation does look a lot better and isn't blotchy any more. Since this is the only foundation I've found that doesn't break me out and actually covers my blemishes I'm bumping the lippies up from 1 to 3. 1 off since technically this foundation alone looks terrible on me. I've also changed my mind on the veil, it does make my foundation last longer without it being greasy and shiny. I forgot to put the veil on one day and within an hr my face was disgusting so the veil is definately a must or any press powder really.

on 7/9/2009 3:32:00 AM

Overall I think this is the best Mineral formula on the market if you are going to go down the fabled Mineral path. I've tried most formulas, from the cheap to the high-end, and think this one is the safest bet. If you are fair like me, make sure you are either a true ivory (in which case go for Fair), but if you are an LLL be careful chosing the right one out of Fairly Light and Light. Light's pretty yellow, and I found FL too golden.

Use a good brush, and for God's sake - buff it in! Its also good applied with a concealer brush to blemishes, then give it a quick brush over with a kabuki to blend.

If you have dry skin, open pores or the beginnings of ageing (like me...gah), then proceed with caution no matter what the SA's tell you. No Mineral formula, even if its absolute top-end quality, is going to give you the dewy and luminous look they like to sell. A particularly honest MAC SA told me this today - "Even a $100 Mineral foundation is going to make you look old!". Bless.

I

on 6/21/2009 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't know why this product hasn't gotten rave reviews! I guess it doesn't suit some people's skin. I have combination skin, and it doesn't irritate at all.

I LOVE the coverage. Used after foundation it provides a smooth even 'glow.' It's translucent though, so not a face powder so much as a face finisher. But none the worse for that.

I use this after using the Almay smart match foundation (which I love too) and people have commented on how glowy I look. It also helps set the foundation.

Make sure you have a good brush to apply it with. (I like Body Shop brushes the best). Most importantly, a light dusting is all that's required. Too much might give you that airbrushed look!

on 6/12/2009 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I actually use Bare Escentuals all the time, but I have very oily skin. I tend to break out into a shine right away. I do my finishing touch with the Mineral Vail, and it does minimize my pore size, but as far a shine control there is not any. I'll continue to use this makeup line because it was the only makeup that didn't clog my pores and I was able to get some relief of my breakouts. Although, it is a little pricey. I'll continue to use it until they come out with a Mineral Vail that controls shine!

on 6/11/2009 9:20:00 PM

I love all Bare escentuals items besides the foundation. This mineral veil is perfect for summer. I don't want or need a lot of converage during the summer because my makeup is either going to melt off, wash off, or fade off while I am outdoors. So I usually put this over my Stila tinted mousterizer and it looks so natural! They have tinted mineral veils, glowy mineral veils, hydrating mineral veils etc. The only one I currently own is the original one. I would DEFINATELY recommend you try out this product! (: Its 19 dollars, which seems a little pricey but it is definately worth it!

on 5/23/2009 9:29:00 AM

I LOVE this product. No matter how much I put on, it doesn't cake and just smooths out my skin beautifully. It also makes blending everything on my skin together much easier. The only issue I have with it is with its packaging... the powder is so fine that it really gets everywhere. And it sifts way too much up top.

on 5/7/2009 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Okay, so I used to have really great skin. I seriously used to get complemented by complete strangers on my complexion. I rarely ever used makeup but I saw the ads for Bare Minerals and I thought I would use it so that I could cover up the few blemishes i got during that time of the month. When I first started using it, it was awesome. My skin looked absolutely perfect! I did notice that it got itchy but i thought it was due to the heat. I used it for about 6 months when i started getting these little bumps on my cheeks kind of like goose bumps. It didn't occur to me that it was the BM since it was "good for your skin." I started getting insecure because of the bumps even though all my friends said they weren't noticeable. Soon they started getting worse they went from small and unnoticeable to bigger, painful and red.
Loving the BM as I did I still kept using it and i started using it to cover up the acne I was starting to get. I finally looked up BM and saw that it had done the same to other people because of the bismuth oxychloride it contained. I stopped using it, but a little too late. I have really bad cystic acne on my cheeks and it spread to my lower jaw, even my little brothers who have no clue about acne have noticed the change. It is so embarrassing i hardly go out anymore. I am sticking to mineral makeup but without the BC. Check the ingredients before you try any makeup. I am now using Physicians formula since it doesn't have any BC. The coverage is not as good as BM was but it doesnt make my face itch and my face is clearing up. Stay away from BM.