September 1, 2014 | 984 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Tokkaebi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I am a person who cannot stand liquid foundation. It just feels gross to me. And since I have quite oily skin, I can do the powder stuff. All I use on my face is Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer Beige Medium 0-2.5 and this MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Natural Medium. The mineral makeup does really great stuff for my skin. It soaks up the oil that my skin secretes throughout the day, thus actually preventing any big zits and the typical break-outs I get on my cheeks from large, clogged pores. And this powder really is buildable and is absolutely capable of looking like chalk if you put too many layers on. But with 1 or 2 layers and good buffing, my skin ends up looking amazing, and doesn't feel weird or unnatural, either. This MAC powder is a wonderful everyday makeup kind of thing that doesn't make me look plastic. I very much like this product, as my one dome of powder has lasted me almost two years now, granted I definitely do not wear it everyday. Mostly on special occasions, or orchestra concerts, or dates out. But I get a lot of wear out of it and overall, it's really fantastic. I just wish it was $5 cheaper. Eh. High-end makeup. Like that's gonna happen. But I wish for world peace every year on my birthday, too. ^_^V

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by manda9794

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i am very fair, but use this as a bronzer/contouring powder. it never turns orange on me or gets dirty/muddy looking. great texture and easily buildable.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by bronzedoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

This pressed powder shouldn't be used by itself if you have a lot of scars or marks you want to hide. Overall this is an excellent sheer product to finish the finishing touches of applying foundation. I love the sleek look and dewy finish it gives me after applying my foundation. I still have some left from when I brought it! I would most definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this produt for a natural, non powdery look. I'm an NC42/43 BUT I've seen many others with my same skintone wear medium deep but they have much more peach in their coloring, I have more yellow coloring so therefore...medium dark. I like putting this on...with MAC face and body foundation (C5) and the look is quite natural. Granted, I do put on MUFE HD Powder to set it so it doesn't go anywhere ...I hate it when foundation slides off.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by eyedancex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So, to start off with, this product is okay. It provides your face a great dewy finish, low coverage and light "mineralized powder". However I really don't think I will be repurchasing this again. I think I want to try Bare Minerals specifically for the reason that none of the MSF naturals match my skin tone. I have both the medium dark and medium plus i can honestly say the medium plus is a bit too light / tan and the medium dark is too dark / orange. There isn't a shade in between these to so i don't really like using this powder. The idea of it is great and such but it just doesn't have a perfect wide range of colors. The price is also pretty expensive. Its $31.00 in Canada and I know that they did raise the price by $1.00 which kind of sucks. OHH and also this powder is not great at controlling OILLY FACES.. well kinda. I have oily skin and the lasting power of this powder is very great. So i don't recommend you get this if you have oily. Overall I will not repurchase this powder and I am not that happy with this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

In my ongoing search for products, I acquired this one for use on my clients who have mid tone complexions and want a sculpted look -- now I have just about every sculpting product made, and every dark powder that comes across my hands is up for consideration. I had not given this mineralized product much thought until I started to play around with it and found that the color works perfectly for 2.5 to 4.0 skins by using it to sculpt cheekbones and diminish jowls and other "imperfections" (not my term but many of my clients feel they are imperfect)... especially for photography.

With wedding season coming up this will prove to be a great help in sculpting faces.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by bih80

Worth the price.
You use it with a kabuki brush to really work it into your skin. I use mine on top of my foundation and it gives the most fabulous finish. I cannot believe I lived my life without this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by kissesPb

I want to review this product because i believe that people's reviews on this site on different products are very helpful so maybe i can help some people to decide as well.

I've been using this product for about 2 years now. I have a medium (about NC40 on MAC), combination/dry skin. I want to say that i really love this product. It is good to use as setting powder or by its own. Some products are seasonal, what i meant by that is some products are only good to use on warmer or cooler days. This product is very flexible, i've been using days all throught the year. I use this to set my liquid foundation on cooler/winter days and use this by its own on warmer/summer days with a little bit of concealer.

This product has a smooth consistency and gives you flawless finish after you put it on. It has a very light coverage that is nice to just even out your skin tone. This product does not clog my pores, does not break me out and does not dry my skin at all. I do not have an acne-prone skin so I dont know how will it work on some people with that kind of skin. Overall i really love this product and will continue to buy it again. I also recommend this product for people who are looking for a light coverage powder that you can use everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by heyitskristie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this powder. I use it every single day and it gives the most natural finish. It's very light and comfortable to wear and lasts all day even in the summer heat of Las Vegas. I can apply this with a fluffy brush for light coverage or with a dense flat top brush for medium coverage. It minimizes the appearance of my large pores, doesn't break me out, and doesn't dry out my skin either. This is the first make up product that I've ever completely finished in my life and I'm halfway through my second compact :) I hope they NEVER discontinue this powder!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by CandyxKiss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is definitelu HG material!

It's totally my favorite pressed face powder ever and I've used a lot of different ones. My skin is sensitive as heck, too, and (so far) it hasn't broken me out (though I have been breaking out lately, that was before I started using this powder). This is pretty much a perfect match for when my skin is at its lightest (aka winter and when I'm not in the hot sun).

There is tons of product in the container (10 grams/0.35 ounces) and that really does last forever! I use my 187 MAC stippling brush to apply it and it really has buildable coverage. I wear it without foundation and my skin looks flawless! It's really finely milled and your skin just seems to get perfect as you apply it without looking powdery or cakey.

I'll keep buying it!