MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

4.2

on 7/5/2010 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I initially bought this to dust over a foundation that I got that was a few shades too light for me. It darkened my face up perfectly and gave a nice finish.

Now that it's the summer time and I've gotten more color on my face, I just use it over moisturizer (and concealer where needed) and it evens my skin out without having a powdery finish. Mind you the coverage is light, but if you have a few problem spots and a good concealer, you should be fine.

I've gotten SO many comments on how great my skin looks and it looks so natural that my boyfriend thought I had stopped using any foundation/powder on my face.

on 6/30/2010 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I use this to set my liquid foundation or wear it alone. It has a very nice satin finish. It's on the sheer side but does provide a bit of coverage. I have dry skin so it doesn't wear as well without a facial primer but with my Laura Mercier oil free primer with this on top, it looks really good and lasts almost all day. My only beef is that I wish the color was a bit lighter. Medium Plus is too light for me. I am NC40-42 and I am sort of in between colors. =/

on 6/26/2010 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

i luv the finish it gives me

on 6/24/2010 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am nc37-40 and this is my HG powder for special occasions. I use this to darken my foundations that are a little too light for me. Medium Plus is a better match for me if I have a dead-on foundation match, but usually my foundations tend to be lighter so I use Medium Dark a lot (the MAC guy said to always get a lighter foundation if you are between 2 colors and then use powder to darken).

This powder gives a really smooth and flawless look. I've bought it probably 2-3 times and also keep Medium Plus on hand. I had a few little acne bumps the first time I used it and then never got them again so it might have just been the brush I was using. Otherwise, no breakouts, amazing coverage, feels light, and gives a nice matte yet glowing and natural finish-HG!

My only complaint is I wish it came in a normal compact with a mirror for touch-ups!

on 6/23/2010 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Just bought this product and i LOVE it.. im an NC44 i am however torn btween medium dark and dark.. as you know there is NOT much coverage in this and that gives room..however, im VERY golden.. the medium/dark seemed pinker and the dark is more Gold/bronze.. i swatched and neither is really darker than the other.. can anyone help me? i got dark although i was recommended medium/deep/ However.. just wndering what others thought THANKS!

on 6/22/2010 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I am a person who cannot stand liquid foundation. It just feels gross to me. And since I have quite oily skin, I can do the powder stuff. All I use on my face is Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer Beige Medium 0-2.5 and this MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Natural Medium. The mineral makeup does really great stuff for my skin. It soaks up the oil that my skin secretes throughout the day, thus actually preventing any big zits and the typical break-outs I get on my cheeks from large, clogged pores. And this powder really is buildable and is absolutely capable of looking like chalk if you put too many layers on. But with 1 or 2 layers and good buffing, my skin ends up looking amazing, and doesn't feel weird or unnatural, either. This MAC powder is a wonderful everyday makeup kind of thing that doesn't make me look plastic. I very much like this product, as my one dome of powder has lasted me almost two years now, granted I definitely do not wear it everyday. Mostly on special occasions, or orchestra concerts, or dates out. But I get a lot of wear out of it and overall, it's really fantastic. I just wish it was $5 cheaper. Eh. High-end makeup. Like that's gonna happen. But I wish for world peace every year on my birthday, too. ^_^V

on 6/15/2010 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

i am very fair, but use this as a bronzer/contouring powder. it never turns orange on me or gets dirty/muddy looking. great texture and easily buildable.

on 6/14/2010 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

This pressed powder shouldn't be used by itself if you have a lot of scars or marks you want to hide. Overall this is an excellent sheer product to finish the finishing touches of applying foundation. I love the sleek look and dewy finish it gives me after applying my foundation. I still have some left from when I brought it! I would most definitely buy again.

on 6/2/2010 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I like this produt for a natural, non powdery look. I'm an NC42/43 BUT I've seen many others with my same skintone wear medium deep but they have much more peach in their coloring, I have more yellow coloring so therefore...medium dark. I like putting this on...with MAC face and body foundation (C5) and the look is quite natural. Granted, I do put on MUFE HD Powder to set it so it doesn't go anywhere ...I hate it when foundation slides off.

on 5/21/2010 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So, to start off with, this product is okay. It provides your face a great dewy finish, low coverage and light "mineralized powder". However I really don't think I will be repurchasing this again. I think I want to try Bare Minerals specifically for the reason that none of the MSF naturals match my skin tone. I have both the medium dark and medium plus i can honestly say the medium plus is a bit too light / tan and the medium dark is too dark / orange. There isn't a shade in between these to so i don't really like using this powder. The idea of it is great and such but it just doesn't have a perfect wide range of colors. The price is also pretty expensive. Its $31.00 in Canada and I know that they did raise the price by $1.00 which kind of sucks. OHH and also this powder is not great at controlling OILLY FACES.. well kinda. I have oily skin and the lasting power of this powder is very great. So i don't recommend you get this if you have oily. Overall I will not repurchase this powder and I am not that happy with this product.