Revlon 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black

2.5

on 10/29/2009 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This has to be the most ridiculous mascara brush i have ever seen to the point when i first opened it, i thought i got a defected one. The product was clumped all over it to where u could barely see any bristles. Yes, true, if u get the product on ur lashes and then kinda comb them with another brush then its ok. But who wants to go thru all that?

on 10/25/2009 11:02:00 PM

I got this mascara as a gift with purchase. I'm going to start out by saying personally, it doesn't work well for me but I have very short lashes so it might work better for someone with longer lashes looking to create volume. HOWEVER, I do like using this mascara on my bottom lashes as the brush is so little and perfect for this. I also use this mascara on my fake lashes when I'm going out because it gives them a super dramatic finish :D but for everyday use I don't reccomend. packaging is pretty in a silver tube. Brush is tiny so short lashes like me, stay away.

I found the brush alarmingly small and the product tended to clump quite a bit but it did work with combing the clumps out. I would buy again only if there wasn't a better option.

on 10/10/2009 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

omgggg! i cant believe this product got such low ratings! The first time i ever used this was when i randomly found this in my moms make up drawer and decided to steal it and try it out. Once i started using it, ive been buying it ever since! I love how it makes my lashes look like they have volume and also making them look long and thick.

I gave it a 4/5 just because i can relate, it IS thick and it does leave little clumps in your lashes, thats why i never use this mascara buy itself because it does leave little clumps so i even it out with maybelline right after.

I usually put one coat of the 3D on my lashes and smooth out the clumps with Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Blackest black (the famous green and pink mascara!) The maybelline helps to lenghten my lashes. but the 3D makes my eyelashes stand out like crazy, making them thick and have volume!! I cant believe it got very low ratings....!

on 10/5/2009 1:53:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Good if you like the clumpy, spidery, dry look.
I like trying new mascaras, but stupidly didn't read the reviews for this first since I was in a pinch. Comes out very clumpy and messy, even looked clumpy after I took off the excess and brushed several times. Also, surprisingly hard to remove for a non-waterproof mascara-had to break out the baby oil.
Returned it to Shoppers and got my $11 back.

on 10/5/2009 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is extremely clumpy! I have to scrap the brush off on all sides before using each time. I really don't like this at all! It doesn't do anything for my lashes, and I definatley will not be buying it again.

on 10/3/2009 7:40:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Lots of clumped on mascara on the brush! Yuck. Didn't do much for my lashes either!

on 9/28/2009 1:22:00 AM

This has been the only mascara I've used in over a year. Having long, yet sparse lashes has made this a must in my makeup bag. The key to achieving the ultimate length and volume with this product is PROPER application, and occasionally a run-through with an eyelash comb. By proper application, I mean using the short zig-zag base to tip strokes, on both sides of the lashes as well as a "tapping" of your tips with the brush. Of all of the mascaras I've tried, I get the best of both worlds with this one.. as well as the most compliments. Everywhere I go, someone I meet asks me if I have on false eyelashes.. even salon professionals, including my nail technician and hair stylist. I told them about the product, and they bought it and love it as well!

on 9/22/2009 10:11:00 PM

i have this in black brown is a very natural looking colour, i dont mind but find have to take all the excess of the brush to make sure it dosen't clump my lashes so i feel like i waste heaps of it. dose make it look like i have thicker and more lashes. but as its not easy to apply will not repurchase.

good for building volume, but i generally don't wear this alone...It doesn't lengthen enough. i rebuy , but i usually pair it with Maybelline Collosal.