July 25, 2014 | 1532 users online

Hair Treatments - Extra Strength Hair Color Remover - Color Oops

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by DrSam802

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Alright, so to be honest, I was very skeptical of this product, but I also kind of desperate. I dye my hair every few months, experimenting with colors and what-not, and maintain very healthy hair. I had just dyed my hair a 'DARK CHOCOLATE BROWN', and my hair was jet black. So black that it had that bluish tint to it. Horrid. I did NOT want to bleach my hair and leave it dried out and brittle, so looking for another option I found Color Oops! The box didn't really say anything about black dyes, which made me nervous, but I bought it anyways and applied it after carefully reading the pamphlet, and waited a few mintues, until I saw that my hair had actually changed! From pitch black, to a bright reddish color that it had been before. This excited me, and so I went and rinsed out for the whole 20 minutes.. And voila! At first it was a VERY light pinky strawberry blond, like ultra blond with pinky tints.. Which scared me, but then I noticed the flaw.. The shower cap that came with the product didn't cover in front of my ears, the 'sideburn' area, and so now I have two big ugly black spots.. Also, I thought the color would stay light like that, but when I woke up the next morning my hair was back to normal, at a bright reddish blond/brown.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Suesaroo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

In short, I have red hair, tried a new product (new to me), Clairol Natural Instincts Medium Auburn semi-permanent, hair turned magenta. Read nearly every review on Color oops and decided that I'd try it. Followed directions diligently, did strand test at 8 minutes, roots are very light, similar result from another post, began washing and rinsing at this point, washed and rinsed for 20 minutes, yes take a radio in the bathroom, time yourself. THE SMELL IS NOT THAT BAD. Hair is still wet giving it an hour or so to see where I'm at. I am hoping to at least be at a better place to recolor rather than the magenta mess I had. be back in an hour. Okay, just a cautionary word, if you have a great deal of gray anticipate having to recolor immediately. : )

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by hillaryhansen

I was very disappointed. I have naturally blonde hair, and I dyed it a brown/auburn color. I liked it for awhile, but I just wanted my blonde hair back so I decided to buy this. I fully expected it to work, since it says so on the box, and even has pictures to support it's claim. I did everything exactly as it says to in the directions. My fingers and toes were very pruned from being in the shower for a little over 25 minutes! I got out, expecting my hair to be blonde again, maybe a little darker than it normally is, but that wasn't the case! My hair was maybe a shade or two lighter than it was when it was dyed, but definitely not blonde. I don't even know what color this is, but it is not blonde. The product took out some color, but left a majority of it in still. And the smell is HORRIBLE!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by ceshic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am and have always been blonde. I decided to become more blonde, and bleached my hair..BIG MISTAKE...So I did some research and read that if you want to put color back in your hair, you had to dye it red, then put the light blonde back on. So on these suggestions, that is what I did. I started with a dark red color, and it turned out just OK..I almost left this color, but decided to put a natural blonde on top of that..BIG MISTAKE! I looked like I had the mange...terrible..So this is when I decided to go downtown AGAIN and purchase Oops Hair Color removal... I was desperate!! Well, to my surprise, all the color came out, and my hair looks great!! It is a little daker that I usually have it, but what I have put my poor hair through, It is fabulous! Needless to say, I will not be coloring it red ever again!!! My hair is a little damaged from all the processing, but I need a hair cut anyways! Oops Really works!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by charliendave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

One word - AMAZING. I bought one box just to see what would happen with my jet black hair that I have repeatedly dyed over the past year and was getting bored with.
I had very low expectations that anything would happen.

First thing, the smell - very mild, much lighter then regular hair dye. Its the consistency of water not thick at all, easy to apply. After soaking my hair I put on the cap and waited the 20 minutes.
I was very disappointed when rinsing my hair to see that the water was running clear. Until I actually looked at my hair, it was reddish brown! I do think you should follow the directions and rinse, rinse, rinse. I liked the color it came out and haven't re-dyed my hair so I dont know how that would go, but with just the color oops extra strength I know it did not damage my hair at all. I am VERY happy with the results. Would recommend to anyone.

My hair
Color - Jet black, (re-dyed q-6 months for over a year).
Type - Fine, Thin hair.
Length - 2 inches below shoulder length.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by ajlayton

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have naturally blonde hair, I just wanted to brighten up the hair and purchased a blonde dye. After 20 mins my hair turned ginger red. And stayed that color. Though everyone liked the color, I didnt to be a red, a friend at work told me about "Color Oops". I tried it and it worked, brought my hair back to the natural blonde color. I followed directions and it does work, where people have issues I believe is when they do not shampoo and rinse the hair for 15-20 mins after the initial 20 mins of having the solution on the hair and a additional 5 mins as required. I would purchase this again!!!! Best money though a little high but cheaper then having to have my hair fixed by a shop and it didnt dry out my hair.....

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Vannedango

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My natural hair is dark blond, on the fine side, but I have lots of it. I have not used a permanent color on it in about 3 years, but have been using semi-permanent color in that time. Recently, I wanted to add some red and chose L'Oreal's Healthy Look 6R Light Reddish Brown. It was waaaayyy too dark for my blond hair. Initially, I washed it with Dawn dishwashing liquid, which lightened my hair only slightly, but it did take out the burgundy hues, which were far too harsh for my coloring. It left a pretty reddish brown, but it definitely wasn't light. Next stop, Color Oops. I didn't have high hopes, but if it significantly faded the color, I would be okay with that. I followed the directions EXACTLY. I left it on for 20 minutes, rinsed it for 20 minutes using the warmest water I could stand, shampooed and rinsed for 5 more minutes. I then applied the rest of the tube of conditioner that came with the L'Oreal Health Look product and left it on for about 5 more minutes before rinsing again. I am completely amazed in the best possible way: there is not a trace or hint of red & I have my original blond back. My hair feels only slightly dry--no more than usual, in fact. I am still dumbstruck that the results were so good. As for the smell, I only detected a small unpleasant smell & it rinsed out. I certainly wouldn't want to go through this process again, mostly because it is scary to not know what the results will be--plus, standing in a hot shower for 20 minutes is draining--but I can wholeheartedly recommend this product. I am so happy with the results!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by ab7182

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My hair had been through the ringer. I tried to dye it red months and months ago, then a hairstylist highlighted it wayyy too blonde, so I covered it with an ash color that looked okay for awhile. Last weekend I went to a new hairstylist and she tried to make my hair "ombre" but failed miserably. It was super dark at the top and then blonde from eye level down (not the look I was going for - I asked her to color back to my natural color all over but she said "You won't like it." and convinced me to do ombre - big mistake!!!). Anyways, she tried to fix it with some highlights and made it look worse, then I tried to fix it with an ash blonde color and made it look... meh. So I got Color Oops and followed the directions exactly (because I'd read a million reviews about that). I rinsed the required agonizing 20 minutes. My hair came out looking very brassy blondish red on top, and the rest of it was my regular dark blonde color. The Color Oops box said you can color it again the same day, so I ran to Sally's Beauty Supply and they had me use a neutral blonde color to try to get it back to normal again. After re-dying it, I must have re-activated some of the old dye that I had tried to get rid of with the Color Oops, because the top part is kind of dark again. I can live with it. I don't want my hair to fall out. Overall, it's a good product and got rid of most of my bad color, but it didn't work wonders.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by XenaY

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The smell of this is definitely not for the faint hearted. Everytime I thought the odor was out of the bathroom, my husband or I would turn on the shower and bam, the smell was back! It took several days for the smell to finally disappear.

Anyway, this product definitely does work but the directions aren't kidding you when it says to rinse, rinse and rinse again! Yes, it sucks standing under the shower for so long but you have no other alternative if you want to get rid of the old dye in your hair or if you don't want your hair to turn back into the same shade you were trying to get rid of. Make sure you have a radio playing so you won't be bored out of your mind while you're in the shower.

My hair had turned black after dying it dark brown. The color itself was pretty and shiny but against my pale, pale skin...not a good look. This product removed the black and left me with light red. Again, not a look I desired but so much better than the black. I did redye my hair a light brown and for the first time in a long time, my hair actually looked decent. It took me a long time to realize a product such as Color Oops existed or else I would have used it when my hair first turned black instead of months after the fact.

So, when used correctly, this product is a winner (despite the rank smell).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by VeryCherryBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was very, very scared to try any product like this because of having an awful hair color disaster in the past, but I wanted to lighten the top portion of my hair. Having previously used a darker red color, I knew I had to strip it out before recoloring to a lighter shade. After reading positive reviews for Color Oops, I took a gamble and tried it. It worked just as it said it would and didn't damage my hair at all. You really do need to rinse it for 20 minutes though to ensure a successful result. I also went back and left conditioner in for20 minutes just to strengthen the hair before adding another application of color. My hair is soft and shiny, not at all brittle like I expected.

I really do recommend this because it worked wonders for me. I will comment on the smell though -- it's not like rotten eggs as I've heard people say; it's more like a super strong perm smell. I can't lie; it stinks. The result is worth it though.