September 21, 2014 | 1795 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by MJ22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this product in the hope that it would prolong the wear of my make up as well as protect my skin, but unfortunately my make up came off faster than when I didnt wear the primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by zombiestar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this primer, but lately I've been getting massive break outs, and I think it was caused by this primer. This is my 3rd tube and I've never broken out this bad before, so maybe they've changed the formula or there are other environmental factors that are causing the spots.

Other than that, this primer does an amazing job at making my make up last forever. I have very fair skin, and I didn't burn once this summer and I think this primer helped with that.

I'm still giving this 4 lippies because I still use it religiously on my cheeks, nose and forehead (I broke out on my chin) and this seems to be OK.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by hayleyleloup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

EDIT!: I had thought I'd received a bad tube, or maybe one that wasn't actually MAC (I order online as it's not sold here in Aus) until I came here to check if the formula had changed. It's now just flat out like applying cheap, greasy sunscreen. Smells awful, feels awful, looks awful. YUCK. Even worse because I bought two tubes online and now won't use it.

OLD REVIEW OF OLD FORMULA: Let me start by saying I really adore this primer. I have skin that's on the oily side of normal, and really what I was looking for was sun protection and something that would hold my make up on all day. This does both. SPF 50 is amazing, but this primer also keeps my make up looking flawless for about 8 hours. Sometimes in the afternoon I re-powder, but it keeps my skin matte and my make up on really well.

It has never broken me out, it feels good going on to the skin, and it doesn't make my foundation cakey.

The problems I have with it is that 1. I live in Australia and they don't sell it here and 2. The packaging sucks. When I think I finish a tube, I cut it open and scoop out the rest into a little jar, and it's at least a quarter left. The tube looks nice, but it's so far from practical.

It's also a little pricey, but nothing outrageous. I will definitely still repurchase as long as it is available.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by orynoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first review and I had to write in on this primer as it is the one item that has had the largest impact on my routine. I love it.

I have very oily skin and have tried many mattifying treatments which have never been remotely sucessful. I even struggle to blot/matte with powder as my skin is oily within half an hour and ends up 'splitting' the makeup so it pools up around my pores.(I know, a beautiful description right?) Blotting sheets have been my only remedy over the last few years until I discovered this.

The product is a smooth white cream which dries down once applied. I know some people have said it can leave a white cast on their face. I am NC25/30 and I haven't found this to be a problem. You only need a very small amount smoothed in and I don't think there will be any problems.

Its ability to hold back the oil is amazing! My face doesn't feel constantly clammy and I actually have makeup on at the end of the day! It has opened up so many more products I can use on top of it. If you suffer with oily skin I really urge you to try this, at least try a sample from your local Mac counter.

I have sensitive eyes and have used this around them with no problems. However as I am starting to get fine lines around my eyes I prefer a more silicone/hydrating primer there.

The downsides are it is not the cheapest (although also not nearly the most expensive). However if oily skin is a big issue you might be happy to pay twice the price for a product which actually works for once. You also only need a very small amount and I do not need a moisturiser with this.

The second downside is the packaging. It would be wonderful if it came in a clear tube so you could see how much was left and if the squeezy tube was a little more supple as it is hard to get everything out towards the end. I recommend cutting the packaging open and decanting at this stage as there is often weeks worth of product left inside.

GO get your sample

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by KGirl24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow, I love this stuff. My t-zone gets greasy throughout the day and most foundations wear off. With this, my skin stays matte, but not overly matte where it is noticeable. My foundation stays on until I wash it off. Will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

At first, I was a bit underwhelmed by this product. Yes, it softens the skin and yes, it does mattify (without being drying), but my Neutrogena Dry Touch SPF30 sunblock does the exact same things. It also didn't hold oilies back any longer than my normal sunscreen did, so I was ready to take it back to the store because it was way too expensive for such a small amount of product!

Then I wore it WITH foundation and changed my mind entirely. What makes this product stand apart from the rest is the fact that it holds on to and keeps your foundation matte for hours upon hours. I didn't even have to blot during the work day when I wore this under my foundation, which is incredible considering I'm quite oily and need to blot at least 1-2 times a day. (Also, even with all the zinc oxide in this product, it didn't seem to shine white in photos. That's a HUGE bonus!)

My major problem with this product is that it's pricey a small tube of the primer, and it takes about 2 squirts to cover your entire face. I can see someone burning through a new tube in maybe less than 2 months with everyday use. Therefore, I'm reserving this for the days when I wear a full face of foundation (which isn't often, thankfully) and I'll continue to use my regular sunblock all the other days. I'm taking off a lippie for that because it's a serious budget killer if you're a hardcore primer fan. :/

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by NirvanaxSunbeam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product! I bought this to wear as a sunscreen in Hawaii, and I was amazed at how well it controlled oil. It does make my foundation last a little longer, but not any more than any other primer I've tried. The only thing I hate is the packaging. It's almost impossible to squeeze any product out of the tube, especially when you're nearing the end. Other that that, I would definitely purchase this again in the future.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros: skins feels smoother, makeup stays on

Cons: harder to blend foundation, poor oil control

Comments: I wanted to love this and from the many great reviews, I was convinced I would and didn't even bother to keep the receipt. Waste of money. I have tried using this many different ways, but in the end...it doesn't control my oil any better than my Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel. I still have to apply Milk of Magnesia to control my oil. I guess I just have incredibly oily skin. My concealer always looked dry/cakey and my foundation looked drier on some areas. It's more like glue...my makeup definitely stays put and doesn't slide around, but it still gets just as oily as it would if I wasn't wearing it. You also get very little product for the price and the container makes it difficult to get product out.

Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by olia041983

Quality wise this is the best primer out of all the ones that I have used. Its better than Luara Mercier and Urban decay. The down fall is the price $30 for such a small amount. But it does keep the oil off my face longer than any other so ill continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by lthpheonix

love this primer, firstly the fact that its spf50 is brill, i mean i have fair skin so knowing that im protected its brill, also its not greasy at all and i have combo to oily skin so thats good and i a little goes along way, it also makes my foundation go on well and stay on so thats a plus, i know its a bit pricey but it would last all summer.