April 17, 2014 | 1901 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

At first, I was a bit underwhelmed by this product. Yes, it softens the skin and yes, it does mattify (without being drying), but my Neutrogena Dry Touch SPF30 sunblock does the exact same things. It also didn't hold oilies back any longer than my normal sunscreen did, so I was ready to take it back to the store because it was way too expensive for such a small amount of product!

Then I wore it WITH foundation and changed my mind entirely. What makes this product stand apart from the rest is the fact that it holds on to and keeps your foundation matte for hours upon hours. I didn't even have to blot during the work day when I wore this under my foundation, which is incredible considering I'm quite oily and need to blot at least 1-2 times a day. (Also, even with all the zinc oxide in this product, it didn't seem to shine white in photos. That's a HUGE bonus!)

My major problem with this product is that it's pricey a small tube of the primer, and it takes about 2 squirts to cover your entire face. I can see someone burning through a new tube in maybe less than 2 months with everyday use. Therefore, I'm reserving this for the days when I wear a full face of foundation (which isn't often, thankfully) and I'll continue to use my regular sunblock all the other days. I'm taking off a lippie for that because it's a serious budget killer if you're a hardcore primer fan. :/

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by NirvanaxSunbeam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product! I bought this to wear as a sunscreen in Hawaii, and I was amazed at how well it controlled oil. It does make my foundation last a little longer, but not any more than any other primer I've tried. The only thing I hate is the packaging. It's almost impossible to squeeze any product out of the tube, especially when you're nearing the end. Other that that, I would definitely purchase this again in the future.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros: skins feels smoother, makeup stays on

Cons: harder to blend foundation, poor oil control

Comments: I wanted to love this and from the many great reviews, I was convinced I would and didn't even bother to keep the receipt. Waste of money. I have tried using this many different ways, but in the end...it doesn't control my oil any better than my Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel. I still have to apply Milk of Magnesia to control my oil. I guess I just have incredibly oily skin. My concealer always looked dry/cakey and my foundation looked drier on some areas. It's more like glue...my makeup definitely stays put and doesn't slide around, but it still gets just as oily as it would if I wasn't wearing it. You also get very little product for the price and the container makes it difficult to get product out.

Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by olia041983

Quality wise this is the best primer out of all the ones that I have used. Its better than Luara Mercier and Urban decay. The down fall is the price $30 for such a small amount. But it does keep the oil off my face longer than any other so ill continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by lthpheonix

love this primer, firstly the fact that its spf50 is brill, i mean i have fair skin so knowing that im protected its brill, also its not greasy at all and i have combo to oily skin so thats good and i a little goes along way, it also makes my foundation go on well and stay on so thats a plus, i know its a bit pricey but it would last all summer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by canadiancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I thought this would be a great way to get my primer and SPF all in one step, so I purchased even though it is very expensive for a small amount of product. Unfortunately, it broke me out and I had to stop using it. I have since realized that I had a sensitivity to silicones, which are in almost all makeup primers and other face products as well. Many people have sensitivities to silicone and break out because of them. If you find that this product breaks you out, I recommend avoiding silicones in cosmetics and skin care. It has made a difference for me. Watch for ingredients that end in -cone or -xane.
Other than the breakouts, this product is pretty good. Did not make my face shiny, and helped my makeup stay on a bit longer. Just avoid it if you have sensitive or acne-prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 6:36:00 AM More reviews by manishap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a week and i love it. works well as a primer and the fact that it has spf50 is excellent. Feels light weight and can be worn alone.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by SimPLe_GuRL

i really want to like this product but this is the worse primer i ever use. it broke me out in an instant. it feels greassy, not sure if it makes my make up last longer. i

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by songforafriend

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this product, I really do. It's the most effective primer that I've ever used. I'm not sure why the product description on MAC says it "[w]ill not affect the look, texture or long-wear integrity of your makeup" because it does: it makes it smoother and last longer, durrr.

Semantics aside, I try not to use this product unless I will be outdoors for extended periods of time because of the silicone in the product (since I break out at the drop of a hat). In a perfect world, this would be silicone-free, but in a perfect world I'd have perfect, blemish-free skin and therefore have no need for primer/foundation. :)

Overall, I really like this product again and would purchase it again once I run out. It could probably do with some better packaging, but I haven't used enough of the product for it to be an issue. Yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by adOrk_aBLe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product, does exactly what it says. Took off a star cause it breaks me out within hours of wear. :( too bad.