Aveda Large Paddle Brush

4.7

OKAY, BEFORE ANY OF YOU NEW GIRLS SEE THE HIGH RATING ON THIS BRUSH, BE WARNED!!!!
I just went to Aveda based on these great reviews, and bought a very nice looking paddle brush. Well, once I opened the packaging and brushed my hair, the bristles scratched my scalp so much! The tops of the bristles do not have those rounded balls which prevent split ends. I took it back to Aveda and they said that it was odd that the bristles were so jagged. They showed me an older version of the brush, and IT WAS WONDERFUL! It had the little balls, and better quality bristles. I went to two other Aveda stores, and they were all the newer and cheaper versions. So please make sure you check the bristles or else you will regret paying $15 for a brush that hurts your scalp and hair. AND IF ANY BODY FROM AVEDA READS THIS, PLEASE COMPLAIN ABOUT THE NEW PADDLE BRUSHES BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT AVEDA QUALITY. I SO WISH I BOUGHT THIS BRUSH A LONG TIME AGO :(

haha...I can't believe I spent $15 on a brush. Anyways, I love it. I had just bought it, and all my friends tried it, and loved it.
It's so light and easy to handle. The bristles are very massaging, and this detangles really well.
Also, for blow-drying, it's great! No static at all!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this brush. I had a Mason-Pearson and a maid at a hotel stole it. I needed a brush ASAP and bought this one based on recs from the boards. I will not be replacing the M-P. My Aveda works just as well if not better for a whole lot less. I may need to buy another because my daughter keeps borrowing mine. I have very thick wavy hair and it detangles it like a dream. It massages your scalp too. Even my husband likes the way it makes your scalp feel as you are brushing. Highly recommend.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Good brush..i got it based on all the recs on the hair board and not disappointed.This is the brush i use to blowdry my hair and it works awesome.Best part i got using my aveda gc yay :D

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Truly a great brush, and very smooth on the scalp. My sister comes in my room and uses it all the time! A definite keeper and I will never buy another brush again.

A fabulous brush - I love mine - makes my hair shine and makes my scalp feel great =)

I've been using this brush for...wow almost seven years. Well, I had one for six years, and when the wood cracked I had to replace it (bummer, but six years is quite a good life span for a $14 brush). I use this every morning while blowdrying, it gives my straight hair a little bend @ the ends and it never hurts. Would definately repurchase should my new one break (though i'm expecting this one to last for another six years @ LEAST!)

I have had mine for 10 years. 10 YEARS! I have straight hair and use it to blow dry my hair out and then at the end of the day before bed. The quality and longevity of this brush speaks for itself. Should I ever need another one, back to Aveda I'll go!

umm, i think its a bit over hyped...it costed 32 CAD for me(with tax) which i find a bit unreasonable...its a good brush overall.

This is not rated so highly for no reason! It's expensive but works great for soo many different styles! It works better then my Denman from another salon.. and a cheap conair one I bought.. Would repurchase should it break!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools