Aveda Large Paddle Brush

4.7

on 6/3/2005 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this brush. I had a Mason-Pearson and a maid at a hotel stole it. I needed a brush ASAP and bought this one based on recs from the boards. I will not be replacing the M-P. My Aveda works just as well if not better for a whole lot less. I may need to buy another because my daughter keeps borrowing mine. I have very thick wavy hair and it detangles it like a dream. It massages your scalp too. Even my husband likes the way it makes your scalp feel as you are brushing. Highly recommend.

on 6/2/2005 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Good brush..i got it based on all the recs on the hair board and not disappointed.This is the brush i use to blowdry my hair and it works awesome.Best part i got using my aveda gc yay :D

on 5/14/2005 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Truly a great brush, and very smooth on the scalp. My sister comes in my room and uses it all the time! A definite keeper and I will never buy another brush again.

on 4/30/2005 6:44:00 PM

A fabulous brush - I love mine - makes my hair shine and makes my scalp feel great =)

on 4/24/2005 3:18:00 PM

I've been using this brush for...wow almost seven years. Well, I had one for six years, and when the wood cracked I had to replace it (bummer, but six years is quite a good life span for a $14 brush). I use this every morning while blowdrying, it gives my straight hair a little bend @ the ends and it never hurts. Would definately repurchase should my new one break (though i'm expecting this one to last for another six years @ LEAST!)

on 4/2/2005 7:53:00 AM

I have had mine for 10 years. 10 YEARS! I have straight hair and use it to blow dry my hair out and then at the end of the day before bed. The quality and longevity of this brush speaks for itself. Should I ever need another one, back to Aveda I'll go!

on 3/20/2005 11:47:00 AM

umm, i think its a bit over hyped...it costed 32 CAD for me(with tax) which i find a bit unreasonable...its a good brush overall.

on 1/30/2005 12:27:00 AM

This is not rated so highly for no reason! It's expensive but works great for soo many different styles! It works better then my Denman from another salon.. and a cheap conair one I bought.. Would repurchase should it break!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I replace this brush again & again every 5 years! I love it! It simply is the best brush I have ever found & I really think it helps to stimulate hair growth too! The only small thing I don't like is that the wood does crack in it a little over time.

on 1/20/2005 9:47:00 PM

Love this brush. Feels great going through my straight hair and feels great on my scalp.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools

Derma Roller
the sponge
Foreo - Luna
Mia

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Final Results of Aveda's Naturally Straight after 5 Uses. 4A, 4B, 4C & 4Z hair by Brandie Jeanette

How to Straighten Kinky Hair With Aveda's Naturally Straight. 4A, 4B, 4C , 4Z Type Hair by Brandie Jeanette