October 25, 2014 | 1660 users online

Hair Treatments - Redken - All Soft HEAVY CREAM

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by skiba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Extremely heavy treatment that needs TONS of rinsing out. I have naturally curly, dry porous hair that loves product & moisture, and my hair sucks this stuff up but it usually leaves a filmy residue. This does make my hair really soft and relatively shiny, but I feel like it never rinses completely clean, and by the time i blow dry and flat iron my hair doesn't feel as "sleek" as i can usually get it.. it is almost kind puffy. I like it, but I don't at the same time. I am going to keep experimenting, but I also find it leaves that weird residue when I use it on my clip-in extensions too.. I'd give it a 3.5 for now.
EDIT: Started using less of it, and rinsing really well with warm water and now I use this stuff on the regular. I switch between this and the butter treat. My brittle, coarse curly hair responds really well to it when it needs that boost of protein. I've since repurchased a bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Laurhen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I worked as a product sales person/receptionist in 3 hair salons over a 5 year period and have used a ton of different professional products and this is by far the best hair treatment I've ever come across. I used to use this 2 times weekly to deep condition my hair when it was bleach blond and curly, it always helped bring back some much needed moisture when my hair would feel dry and brittle. Just don't use this if you have overly thin hair, it would likely be much too heavy for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 12:21:00 AM More reviews by PinkBumbleBee918

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE this product. My hair was in terrible terrible shape after years of bleaching it and then finally going back to brunette in one sitting. This has made my hair look beautiful and healthy again and a little goes a long way.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2009 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Danik2

I was really excited to try this product after I watched a youtube video where a girl was raving about how it saved her bleached hair. Unfortunatly it didn't have the same results for me.I've used it several times now trying to find a way that it would work for me, but it just makes my hair feel dry. I will stick to Joico as it doesn't make my hair feel dry like this does.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2009 5:38:00 PM More reviews by sugarplumgirl19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair: Medium length, thick, fine texture, naturally wavy, colored, straightened daily w/a flat iron

My hair is fairly damaged from all the heat and color I've put in to it over the years so a good conditioning treatment is a must. This product reallllllly helps to restore my hair to a healthy state. There's no product that will un-do damage but this product makes a huge difference. Once a week I shampoo my hair, towel dry it, and then saturate my hair w/Redken all soft heavy cream. I leave it in for about 15 minutes, rinse my hair with warm water, then cold water. After using it my hair always feels stronger, softer, healthier, and super shiny.

My only gripe is the price, which is a little high for what you get IMO. I paid about $15 for 8.5 oz, which isn't terrible but I use a lot at one time because my hair is pretty thick and long. Overall, I love this product and I will definitely be repurchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2009 11:34:00 AM More reviews by hpolanek

I have been a faithful user of Neutrogena triple moisture deep recovery hair mask for over a year now because I lovvvve it! But since i have used to for a while without trying anything else I got a travel size of this heavy cream just to try it. I alternated both products for about two weeks and realized that the neutrogena hair mask was slightly better than the redken heavy cream and wayyyy cheaper! So I just wanted to let people know that if you like this stuff TRY NEUTROGENA TRIPLE MOISTURE HAIR MASK!! It works even better than redken and much cheaper!

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2009 2:34:00 AM More reviews by kl87

This cream works wonders for my hair! I have dyed blonde hair which does tend to feel a little dried out at times. I use this product in place of a conditioner every so often when having a shower (I haven't used this product as a total leave in conditioner on damp hair to rinse out as yet - haven't had the time!). After shampooing my hair I leeave this in for about 3-5 minutes and wash it out - makes my hair feel lovely and soft.. Best to keep it away from the roots though as I find it makes my hair go greasy faster. It doesn't weigh my hair down or feel gross at all; although ensure to rinse it all out completely. The ony annoyance is the tub packaging it comes in.. not the most easiest to use whilst in the shower but worth the hassle for the result! Will be repurchasing.

Just an update. I have since died my hair brown and am considering going back blond. But I love this product. I have managed to buy the product in the tube packaging which is wonderful. It no longer makes my hair greasy, and my hair is wonderfully healthy and soft. I get compliments on it all the time. I don't use this every time I was (I still use it in place of a conditioner) but every second or third time and it's devine. I love the smell too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 4:04:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've strayed from using Redken products because they have tended to dry my hair, so I was skeptical when I used this conditioning cream yesterday. I applied it to sprayed-wet and towel-dried hair (medium length, just below my chin). I left it on for 20 minutes and rinsed it out of my hair as I showered. My hair is treated from Clairol Natural Instincts (semi-permanent rinse) but not from dyes, so it is healthy. However, the climate where I live is extremely DRY this time of year (cracked cuticles are a norm) so my hair needs a treatment. I will continue to use this product because I was due to wash my hair today (wash every other day) and all I had to do was plump it with some bathwater and it looks great. The hair is soft without being limp. Redken has a good product here.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is conditioner is good, but not anything great in my opinion. I have over-processed, color-treated hair, and was curious to see how this would stack up. Compared to my bi-weekly intensive conditioner, Pureology Reconstruct Repair, hands down mine wins! Redken is thick in such a way that you need to make sure you rinse well or your hair will be weighed down. And avoid those roots, makes them look greasy. I am saving my hard earned $$ to restock Pureology.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by HeidiML

This stuff fixes my blonde highlighted/colored heat styled hair. I bought a trial size, which actually gave me about 3
(4?) treatments for my shoulder length hair. Good deal for the $3.00 price! Because it's applied after towel drying hair, it's an extra step (to towel dry, apply, wait, then rinse). However, it's very thick and doesn't drip, so it's not a hassle to leave on. I've left it on for up to 30 min., although the instructions say it'll work in less time. The results every time I've used this are amazing. My hair feels extremely soft, lightweight, and the damaged ends are super-treated. The results lasts for about a week.

I definitely avoid my roots when I'm working this into my hair, and make sure to rinse it out very, very well. It's a heavy conditioner so it could easily weigh down roots or leave a residue if not fully rinsed. If you have color treated hair, or any hair that's slightly to severely damaged, give this product a try!!l