April 24, 2014 | 1353 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Minerals

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2010 3:43:00 AM More reviews by karmun1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay I've some good things to say about this foundation. But first off, the built-in brush is terrible! It's feels harsh on my hands, even harsher on my face. If you already have a good brush, forget about using the built-in brush. I just use my ecotools kabuki brush and it works well. Seriously what was L'Oreal's product team thinking?? And the packaging. Ugh.. the cap is way too small for me to swirl the product.

With that said, however, the formula of the foundation itself is wonderful. It does what it says - it feels light as powder, but covers like a foundation. I wouldn't say the coverage is heavy - it's more of a medium coverage but it is buildable. I have some redness on my cheeks, really bad under eye circles, darker areas around my lips, and True Match Minerals does the job of evening out my skintone - even my boyfriend noticed how flawless my skin looked and right after he told me that, I couldn't stop smiling for the rest of the day! It didn't break me out or anything even after wearing it for a whole day. Plus if you have yellow undertones I think this product would work pretty well on you cuz it did on me (I am wearing the W3 Golden Beige). The colour blended right into my face without making me look as if i'm wearing a mask.

All in all, a good mineral foundation, good coverage, great for yellow undertone, LOUSY brush, pricey in drugstore terms but heck you get what you paid for.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2010 6:58:00 AM More reviews by blackmumboe

This product didn't work very well for me but I purchased it when the hype of mineral foundation was very much raved about and I was testing out different foundations to see which suits my skin best. However, this product was the reason I've avoided mineral foundation ever since and have gone back to my liquids and powders.

Coverage is medium and buildable. Upon application, I must admit that it gives an even coverage. My pores were less visible and I used it relatively often (despite not liking it that much) as I liked how quick it was to apply it. Oil control for me was about 3-4 hours which is normal for L'oréal products but I did notice that after an hour or so, the color oxidized to a very dark finish despite me getting it in a shade lighter. Even though it gave a full and even coverage, I disliked how it looked cakey when layered for more coverage or touchups. It goes to show that this product is pigmented, which isn't a bad thing but when using this product, use a light hand as it isn't that finely milled. I found that the bristles of the brush provided was rather harsh, which made for an even more unpleasant experience. It broke me out every once in a while though but I reckon that had to do with the brush cleansing. :/

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2010 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Utopia22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really don't like powders. They feel as if I they can blow off my face anytime; not enough coverage. I tried to like this one - because of the mineral hype that was going on at the time - but I just couldn't get used to the application of it. The brush that comes with it doesn't make it much easier either. No, I went back to fluids with all their chemicals in it quickly after trying this 'healthy' stuff...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by femmearab

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

pro : Lots of coverage, didnt make me break out.
con: very hard to blend
Great for summerdays

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by snowy0

I agree with both positive and negative opinions...anyway, makeup is a very personal thing...I don't like it because it makes me breakout. I got 7 pimples on my face after cleansing it off. Yes, it does give medium coverage and look neutral, but I don't want to pay "getting pimple" as an exchange. I just took it to the CVS to get my money back.
By the way, suggestion for the packaging: if you want to use it and take it with you, use a sticker or trap to cover some of the holes so that less product is coming out...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by MichieKrum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation didn't break my skin out. I had to use a lot to get the coverage I wanted. It took me a long time to get a medium to full coverage. It wears off fast too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Takota

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used to use Rimmel Mineral foundation but then decided to try something new like True Match......and I have to say, I really like it.....Just a bit of a product is enough to give a lovely coverage of course you can layer it to achieve more coverage...but I think it would look a bit cakey. Its def better to start from a small amount(which I consider would be more than enough) and if thats not working add a bit more and so on)))))oh and if I'm not mistaken it has spf 15 which is important for me.
The only thing I don't really like is the packaging, cos if you wear it in your bag there might be a lot of product under the lid, so it gets a bit messy...and the brush (I dont really use it, but it would be great for a heavier coverage) is attached to the lid, so when you wash it the pot with the powder has to be without the lid while you'd leave the brush to dry....

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Eva5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is just awful. It looks completely cakey and is the messiest thing I have ever come across. It put me off mineral powder for so long because I looked so awful. It went in the bin immediately.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by themayqueen

This has amazing coverage, and you can layer more of it on to build up the coverage. It is also available in a concealer, but the foundation itself works great as a concealer if you use a small brush with it. My only problem with this is that it doesn't come in enough colors. Even though I love it, unless I have a bit of a tan it doesn't match my skin well enough. If you don't have very obvious yellow or pink undertones, this won't work for you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by LilMizz

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only problem with this foundation is, as others mentioned, the range of colours. But because of it's adaptive qualities this doesn't become TOO much problem. And the packaging is very awkward so it can get a little messy. But overall, it's a decent mineral foundation (better than Bare Escentuals and the likes IMO), if applied correctly it gives you a very natural, radiant, matte complexion with good coverage that literally stays put for ages. It doesn't break me out either.