November 26, 2014 | 1871 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Sheer City Block SPF 25

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

Sadly, one of the worst products I have ever bought. I used to use the City Block SPF 40 and had some similar problems, but I am so disappointed. This tinted cream is a great color and I have tried so hard to make this work for me. But the product clumps in patches (not balling up but patches that can be smoothed out). I have to spend an extra 10 minutes checking my face for patches of this product before applying any other makeup. I tried to use this sparingly in case it was the amount of product causing the patchiness....but no. This sheer layer did exactly the same. I didn't really want to reduce the amount I applied as I was concerned about the level of sun protection this would offer. I also broke out terribly from this. I had only had this on my face for a couple of hours before noticing new pimples which could only be caused by this product. I am trying to use up the tube by using this as a body sunscreen rather than on my face. I am now finding pimples on my neck and chest where this product has reacted. I wouldn't buy this again. Such a shame as this would be an ideal sunscreen for me. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by jacquelina23

I have oily skin prone to breakouts, so I asked the sales clerk at Clinique to show me something oil-free and she swore that it was sheer and oil-free. I feel like she was just trying to make a sale, I find it very greasy for my skin and like other reviews, I agree that this product is too thick, it's like you are wearing foundation, I found it left my skin dirty, clogged my pores and made me break out more than normal. Also, it kind of balled up and you really have to blend this a lot as for me being fair, it was too dark for my skin tone, and the clerk said it was "sheer", very misleading, if you are fair, don't buy this product! I am disappointed as the ingredients are exactly what I was looking for in a sunscreen, and it smelled good, but it kind of separates when it comes out, the packaging could be a bit better, like a pump bottle would be better. The saleswoman did mention that I could return it within 30 days if I was not satisfied.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by muppet1

Bought this for the first time today after receiving a sample and prefering it to the redness solutions version. feels faintly tacky on however looks sheer, makes foundation stay on amazingly well and looks flawless. Also helps to stop my combination skin getting oily. A great buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2010 7:07:00 PM More reviews by cecilia41

i don't like this one. i'm a combination skin and everytime i use this it just leaves some residue all over my face.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Horribel for oily skin, didn't help makeup go on any better and my skin was more oily that if I didn't use it, plus it made me break out..I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Kybele

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only sunscreen I have repurchased. I use retinoids, which cause some havoc with my skin sometimes. I can tolerate this sunscreen exceptionally well at all times and it does not cause breakouts. While the SPF isn't super high, it doesn't cause adverse effects which I adore. I can see how the tint would be troublesome for many skintones -- for my NC20 skin it's on the light side (makes me look a little washed out in the winter).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2010 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Christine331

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Having been a keen fan of this sun block product for years, I tried it and now only use this product because it requires applying once a day and I can completely rely on it to protect my skin thoroughly. I also use only Clinique City Block Sheer SPF25 on my 5 year old daughter as she is very fair skinned and I need a product I can trust.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by jalyne8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Please squeeze the tube with the cap on as to avoid this separation many of you have spoke about. This is an excellent sunscreen that dries matte.The spf 25 has a lot of uva sunscreen in it which is most important in fighting aging. I have used this with and without when using my Estee Lauder double wear and the clinique city block definitely controls oil as well as increase the wear time of my favorite foundation. Definitely a keeper.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by shrao

well where to start..im a student and on many peoples advice went out to buy this sunscreen because it was good and everything...first of all my skin color is dark medium and of indian origin with a problematic T-zone but dry cheeks...this was HORRID>.i hated it..it smells bad and leaves this dirty residue all over my face..it was a complete waste of my money ...and now its sitting in my drawer...cant believe i got into buying this..if anyone wants this expensive sunscreen..get it from me for free...i dont have the heart to throw it out.
Now im on to olay complete defence SPF 30 and its amazing ...soo much more better and not overpriced like this crap

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Bindi7

This is a nice product. I was quite happy with the protection and coverage but have since found an alternative - BE powder sunscreen which is so much better and easier to apply. I wouldn't buy city block again.