Wet 'n' Wild Silk Finish Blush in All Over Shimmer - 832D [DISCONTINUED]

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/18/2005 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am desperate to find this product--have been using it for 2+ years, but they seem to have taken it off the market--does anyone know how to find it? Please help if u can--have tried others but none are as sheer and leave the same glow.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG highlighting product. I also like to use Revlon Skinlights both in the liquid and loose powder forms. The Wet n' Wild all over shimmer is the most convenient to use and it imparts the most natural looking surreal and gorgeous glow to the face. It is extremely cheap but hard to find but I've seen it at Walgreens and some Walmarts for around $3. The packaging is simple and in the pan it is a very light champagne color with a light pink tinge. After I do all my makeup I apply this right after my blush with a contour brush down the bridge of my nose and on the tops of my cheeks under my eye area. Everyone should give this a try!

on 9/20/2005 10:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a shimmery pressed powder with a slightly pink tinge. On my light, warm-toned skin the pink doesn't show up at all, just a subtle glow which gives my cheekbones an almost "flawless" look. It's very easy to apply. Amazingly, I even use the little brush that came with it! I use it under matte blushes & bronzers. I was using Revlon Skinlights powder before this but I got sick of the mess (the loose powder was getting all over the place) and I picked this up for $2-3 at Target. If you're looking for a highlighting powder it can't hurt to try this.

PS: Yes, the compact is a bit hard to open so I gave it a "3" for packaging quality. Still, I can't complain.

I really love this product! I use it as highlighter usually, or at the very end of my make-up routine. It adds a soft glow, just don't use too much or you'll be majorly shining. I like to put this on my brow bone or on my upper cheeks.

on 7/19/2005 8:56:00 PM

DESCRIPTION OF ME Asian with a warm complexion (C3-C4 in MAC) with strong yellow undertones and some peach. Black hair. Oily skin that is prone to breakouts.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION Pressed powder highlighter. Around $2.50-$3 US at most drugstores. 0.24 oz/6.8 g.

PACKAGING All Over Shimmer (AOS) comes in a white plastic compact with a clear window. Pretty ugly but it is functional. There is a small mirror on the inside more suited for a lipstick case. The brush included is small and it surely will pick up too much product. However, the pan is roomy enough to accomodate a big fluffy brush. When it comes to products this inexpensive, this is pretty much all I care about.

COLOR AOS is not about the color. It is an off-white iridescent shimmer that is commonly used as a highlighter. However, I can see this not working for very warm and dark skintones. It may look too ashy or cool. However, it looks okay on my C3 skintone. I took one point off because I would rather that this product be a little more neutral and creamier in color.

TEXTURE This is one of the most outstanding aspects of this product. When I bought it, I expected something a little chalky. However, I was floored by how soft this product is. It feels like a very soft and heavily pigmented eyeshadow. When I swipe the top, I get a dense shimmery layer on my finger. However, AOS can be applied sheerly too with a brush.

WHERE TO APPLY Some people may be curious as to where this product can be applied. You can apply AOS to places where you want to highlight and/or add an extra bit of shimmer. It can add a glow to your cheeks or emphasize the inner corners of your eyes or brow bone. It really is a versatile product.

OVERALL FANTASTIC product. I can see myself reaching for this a LOT.

UPDATE After seeing this product on my skin under different lighting conditions, I have decided that the color is too cold and frosty for my warm skintone. I will not repurchase. However, my praises still stand. I am still floored by the texture. I put mine up for swap. I hope someone will be more suited for it. continued >>

on 6/29/2005 9:39:00 PM

This looked ashy looking on me so I gave it to my friend. Oh well it was cheap.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is an awesome product! I use it almost everyday under my blushes, and it gives me the most amazing glow. The packaging is cheap plastic--I always feel like I'm going to break it--but the product inside is more than worth it. I've been using it for several months, and it's just beginning to show the slightest dip. I think it'll last me a long time, but I will repurchase when I finish it.

OMG OMG OMG.
Simply the best.
I used this on top of my powder, before my blusher and my skin looks amazing...winter, spring, summer and fall it looks gorgeous. Go and buy it and if you see more than one, purchase them all because they can be hard to find.

on 6/11/2005 3:14:00 PM

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I had been searching for almost a year to find SOME thing to give me that celebrity "glow" and this is it! I use this every day with a big fluffy brush all over my face and then use a little powder over my T-zone to control shine, and Viola! Perfection!

on 5/22/2005 10:22:00 PM

I loved this item. It did take a little getting used to using a cream blush but the coverage was great and it gave a nice "sun kissed" look. The price is dirt cheap $2.50 at Wal Mart. Well worth the money - it't nice to see a product that cheap be as good as the high end products!! If you like the sun kissed look give this a try - it comes in a few differnt shades. I will buy another one - if I use all of the org. one - it's a good size container.