April 17, 2014 | 1565 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #129 Powder/Blush Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2010 2:40:00 AM More reviews by ksly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really enjoy this brush. It's very versatile, I use it for MAC mineralize skin finishes, blush and my msf highlighter. I use it daily!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by jadejiang

I've only had this brush for a few days, but I really enjoy it. It does a good job of applying blush or bronzer.

FYI, I have the 129SE (special edition) one that is 5 inches long and has a silver coloured tone to the handle.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by simba2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loveeeee this brush. Its great for blush, picks up the rigth amount of color. I prefer this brush to the 116 . That brush is too small in my opinion for blush. Would def reccomend.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by kisstina07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

La-La-Love this brush. Use it for blush and it's just the perfect size and also picks up just the right amount of color. Finally budged to get this one because MAC brushes are the best out there and in my opinion this one is worth the money!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by katarinat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've had this brush for nearly two years and the shedding is a continuous problem (even after many washes). Also, as mentioned by others, the hairs on the brush are a little coarse and rough. Because the brush is on the bigger side, I use it solely for powder as it is too big to contour or highlight cheeks. The brush does get the job done, but there are plenty others that would create the same finish for a fraction of the price. I would not purchase this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2009 10:04:00 AM More reviews by smartiebooboo

Con: I would have to agree with other MUA reviewers and say that this brush could be a bit harsh on the skin. The bristles are very hard and could scratch the skin easily especially if an excessive amount of pressure is applied during the application. Initially, the bristles are harder than after several washes so make sure you wash your brush several times before using it. Shedding also occurred during first few washes

Pro: picks up alot of product and distributes it evenly across the skin. I use this brush specifically for blush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Sayoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The MAC 129 brush is great for applying blush to the apples of your cheeks. This wasthe first blush brush I bought from MAC. I actually prefer this to the #116. The 129 picks up blush really well. I find that I use less product espeically my blushes which is a good thing. Unlike other reviewers I haven't noticed excessive shedding, strong chemical smells, dye bleeding when washing the brush, or coarse bristles. Thank goodness! I would definately buy this again

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2009 2:11:00 AM More reviews by xMissMurderx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

On my first trip to the MAC store I told the MA I wanted a blush brush and this is what she suggested I get. I was actually eyeing the one that looks like this but is a few sizes smaller I cant recall the # but she talked me into this one. Im not really loving it as a blush brush its way too big and the color just goes all over you cant be very prescise with this brush. I agree with others when they say they bristles arent as nice as the other MAC brushes. You can just tell by looking at mine that the bristles are not very soft. I really like to use this for powder and thats about it and Im pretty sure its still shedding. I have to go along and pick the little black hairs off my face. Im def thinking about getting the 109, I hear great things about it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2009 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Steph84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As someone said below, this is not MAC quality. My other MAC brushes are sooo soft and nice, this one is really rough and actually hurts sometimes. I should have returned this, but I bought it online and was way too lazy about it. It's too big for blush, really. I prefer the 109, the 165, or the 168. Those are all very soft brushes that you can use to buff makeup in without scratching your face in the process. They are also smaller and allow for more precise application/blending. Do not buy the 129. If you want a bigger blush brush you could try the 134, it's expensive but you can use it for everything and it is extremely soft.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 5:25:00 AM More reviews by TheHybred

I use this brush for either blush or face powder. It is a little large for blush, but if you don't mind an application that isn't very precise then it will do. I used to LOVEloveLOVE this brush, but over time the bristles have become somewhat rough and they feel scratchy on my face. I take good care of my brushes, but this one just doesn't seem to be as good as my other MAC brushes in terms of quality.
EDIT: I just had to add how horrible this brush has become. Mine is less than 2 years old and just the other day it shed SIX hairs on my cheek in just one gentle swipe. The bristles are so prickly and painful that I will have to start using my 168 or something to apply blush because I don't have the time to pick fallen brush hairs off my face every morning. This was a big waste of money. My 134 has similar-looking black bristles, but it hasn't become anywhere near as rough as this one, nor has it been shedding. My 134 is made in France, while the 129 is made in Japan.. so there may be a difference there in the manufacturing.