April 24, 2014 | 975 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by ninara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Microdelivery wash is nice to use if you don't have the time to do an exfoliating mask. It leaves skin very soft and doesn't dry it out. The odd thing is, when I use this product it always causes a little break out to my left cheek. Due this and because I find the product only little above average, I'm not going to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by sanchita777

This used to be a HG product for me. I really liked the tiny exfoliating beads that massages my face. I felt like it was doing a good job, but for some reason after daily use it felt to be less effective. I think I will lay off of it and come back in a couple months to get its benefits.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by annetick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My skin is acne-prone, so it is important that I exfoliate regularly. However, a good exfoliater that is not too irritating or drying is hard to find. My face is also little on the dry and sensitive side, and this is one of the few exfoliating cleansers I can use on a daily basis. The exfoliation is thorough, but not harsh or irritating. I have to follow up with a moisturizer, but with my dry skin, I have to use a moisturizer on top of any cleanser I use. I use an antibacterial soap and SA toner in the morning, followed by Microdelivery and Ziana (retinol) at night, and it seems to have helped me manage my acne quite well.

No cleanser is going to be perfect or work for everyone, but this is about as close as I've gotten.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by llewis01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Where Purity is my night time cleanser, Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash is my morning cleanser. It leaves my skin so soft and clean. It doesn't irritate my skin or leave it dry. Another wonderful Philosophy product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2010 3:32:00 AM More reviews by LBUJenni18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The first time I used this, my face turned reddish, I guess it was my skin reacting? Because it doesn't happen anymore. The first month I used this, I LOVED it - my skin was SOOOOOO soft it wasn't even funny! My friend touched my skin and complimented how soft it was.

It's honestly not as affective anymore... Maybe it's because I'm not using it consistently or something but it just isn't. Or maybe it's because my skin got used to being exfoliated?

My advice (if this has happened to you) is to start off dry - as in, no water, only a tiny bit to dampen your hands and then squirt a bit, start exfoliating both cheeks and once it starts getting dry, add water. I find this to be an effective method and it actually exfoliates (lol). continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by putu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this! It reminds me of MURAD AHA/BHA that i've been using,it doesn't irrirate my face,will repurchase this

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by suan2254

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am sorry, it does not clear my skin or anything. Yet it does its job of exfoliation? I guess. But i rather use Biore pore scrub, since it is cheaper and it works better to give me more clear complexion. It was too expensive for my taste.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

Really a heavy duty scrub product. Way too abrasive for me to use more than once a week so it might be a value for me at that rate, but saw no brightening effect just red irritated skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

I usually go to St Ives or its Target knockoff because I like a firm scrub. I don't care for weak exfoliators, because I feel like, "what's the point?" why waste my time? I do like how thin this product is so the beads do a great job scrubbing without the product being too "creamy" and therefore ineffective. So I do like that--it is like the product is there to just help you smooth the beads on but doesn't interfere with the bead action itself.

I don't think I will buy this once I run out of my 4oz mini version; I just can't spend that much on products. I have had my 4oz version for nearly 2 years though and I use it once every 1-2 weeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by coocoovanille

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have bought this many times and will continue to do so. It is the best, most gentle yet most effective exfoliant I have ever used. It makes a huge difference in the appearance and clarity of my skin, and I would hate to be without it. The packaging is not the best because the cap gets clogged up and it becomes impossible to squirt the product out. It is also very pricey...but I continue to pay the price because the product is worth it to me.