July 30, 2014 | 2057 users online

Foundations - Smashbox - High Definition Healthy FX Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by cubicd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation two weeks ago and really liked the coverage and the glow, but within a week I started noticing I was getting more breakouts than is normal for me. Against my better judgment I decided to keep using it to be sure that it was the foundation causing the breakouts. My cheeks are burning and my pores are super clogged in areas that I don't normally break out like my cheeks (raised red sore bumps), neck, some even in weird places like under my eyes. Today is the last day I used it and its going in the trash, now I wonder how long it will be until my skin gets back to normal...

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by MissApril221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in L2. I have an NC20 skin tone. At first I really liked this foundation. I thought I had found my HG foundation. I later noticed that it wasn't as flattering on me as it seemed. My skin started to get very oily and I broke out really bad. This also highlighted every line and pore on my face and it would sink into dry spots around my nose, leaving my face looking horrid. I noticed that when I first put the foundation on my face it looked too dark and orange but as I blended it out, it seemed to match my skin tone. The coverage was way too sheer. I put my concealer on under this product and after I blended the foundation in over it, I had to put more concealer on over top. This product is a real waste. I had greasy looking skin and the foundation didn't last for no more than 2 hours. Won't ever repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2010 11:12:00 AM More reviews by BonnieinAZ

I tried this at the urging of the SA. I told her I was looking for a full coverage, moisturizing foundation that wouldn't settle into fine lines. And wow this foundation hit a record for me. Quickest to hit the trash. I opened the tiny jar to find it had separated. Then it just seemed to smear around on my face with the foundation brush so I tried a sponge which just seemed to wipe it right off. What was left clung to dry patches I couldn't even see before. Horrible. I ended up washing it right off.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by pinkdiva512

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I have MUFE HD , MAC studio tech...MAC studio sculpt.... Smashbox is by far my favorite...My HG.... I notice that alot of people don't like this one but I absolutely love it. It is my Holy grail foundation....i prime with MAC prep and prime and set with MUFE hd powder.... and it looks flawless.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2010 2:46:00 AM More reviews by DvineRevelation

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros -

1 Pump - allows you to use product in a germ free way, lets you control how much you use

Cons -

1 Fragrance - very chemical smell

2 Pump has a tendency to skip product

3 Sheers out too easily

4 Never fully sets

5 Has a tendency to creep into lines and catches on to every dry patch you have

6 Do not like the range of colors this comes in. I used L3 light.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by iheartmypitbull

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Looked cakey and chalky, accentuating all minor imperfections and flakiness. It also got really oily after a couple hours and I don't have oily skin. Weird colors too, in that there's a huge lack of cool-toned shades but tons of yellowish ones for warm-toned skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 6:13:00 AM More reviews by laura555lili

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

As one of the first liquid foundations I have tried, I can't really compare it to others, but I thought it was really good for my combination skin. It's pretty light but buildable and it evens out my skintone well, which was all I was really looking for. No breakouts or irritation, both of which I am prone to. I really like it, it looks natural and blends seamlessly and there's a great colour selection. I use the fairest option and its great - undetectable on the skin as it should be. A few downsides: The price, which isn't ridiculous but isn't very justified either, in my opinion, and I'm thinking it wouldn't be the best for very oily skin types either. I have an oily t-zone and it does shine pretty early on in the morning. A few applications of powder very much needed. All things considered, I'd buy it again but I'm still on the lookout for my HG.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by saraheck

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've read the reviews about too-sheer coverage which surprised me. I found the coverage just right, and I have combination/oily skin to boot. BUT the reason I'll never buy this again is that it is pricey and the stuff just disintegrates and seperates like crazy after just a short while (my version of "a short while" is 5 months. I don't use foundation every day...). Just in case you're wondering, I was ultra-careful about leaving it out in extreme temperatures. It looks like curdled milk in the container, and I can't shake it up enough to mix it. Too much trouble when there's just so many great foundations out there....better try harder, Smashbox!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2010 7:29:00 PM More reviews by mizwright

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This foundation IS super light! This is a good foundation to wear in the winter (when I seem to be less oily) but I may have to try something a little heavier in the summer. : (

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 5:33:00 AM More reviews by rutele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Its really god foundation, i bought second time, first was a medium, which was perfect for summer, and now i bought light, look maybe too pale, but i put on some bronzer, so its looks beautiful.