BeneFit Cosmetics Get Even

3.6

Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Nylon-12, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Squalane, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ascobryl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, [ /-: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891)].

Yet another Benefit product I have mixed feelings about. I think the color is great as a base for covering up redness and evening your skin tone, but if you touch-up with it be prepared for your blush to disappear. Also if you use it for touch up it can tend to get cakey looking. I'll continue using what I have left, but I don't think I would buy this again. *UPDATE* This stuff sucks!! I had been keeping it in my purse for touch ups, and it started going on like little powder balls rather than smooth. I don't know if it was because my skin was oily when I applied it, (even though it shouldn't matter since pressed powder is usually for touch ups) but my face would literally look like a spackled ceiling after I put it on. YUCK! I tossed it in the trash.

on 5/17/2006 12:59:00 AM

i love this product because i have rosy cheeks that accentuate my little pimples that i get at times. i find this powder gives great coverage for me, and it doesnt look chalky on me either. it is a little flat looking when finished, but i just use high beam to give me a glow. downside is the packaging could use some work, 2 weeks into it, the clip that closes the compact became a dud.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This powder is great during summer when my skin is pretty oily. My face stays matt basically all day without touch ups and I haven't found that with any other powder. I use light and it matches my skin tone really well. Now it's getting to winter, my face is not so oily so Get Even is looking a little cakey. I'll definitely keep using it in summer though! Benefit products don't usually work well for me but I love this :)

on 4/21/2006 7:21:00 AM

I was looking for something light that would help cover my mild rosacea as I hate foundation & work with combination/oily skin.
I got no 2 as I am warm toned. It is quite sheer but covers OK with a leaves a matte finish.
it comes in a good quality slim black compact with mirror although you need to use a brush, not the sponge that comes with it, and apply lightly.
I haven't had any problems re allergies on my sensitive skin.
update- I'm impressed with how long it lasts during the day and it keeps shine away on warm days .I like it more and more as I try similar products . I wish they did refills as its very expensive which is why I took 1 lippie off.
in the UK we pay 21.50 which is about $43 at time of writing!!! ouch.

on 3/12/2006 6:52:00 AM

I have a hard time matching my very fair skin with yellow overtones and dark eyes with powder - usually too pink or so pale that it looks like I smeared chalk on my face. This is a great color match for me and the coverage is great. It stays on without making me look cakey. I'm very impressed. And the compact lasted me 6 months with daily use. Good buy.

on 3/7/2006 11:55:00 PM

I have rosacea, and I find that this does help to knock back the blotchy redness, leaving me with a natural look (still rosy, but nothing weird). I don't like the pricetag though - especially for how soft/fragile this is for a pressed powder. I carefully touch a powder brush to the pan (never swirl), and apply. If I swirl, I create all kinds of dust (and waste product). Unfortunately, even when I'm careful, I get dusties. I've been trying to ration this powder, but if I had used it as usual, I would have maybe gotten 6 weeks out of it. I can't afford $26 every 6 weeks for a pressed powder! So, thank god for Ben Nye Banana visage! XD

on 2/20/2006 12:02:00 PM

I'm sad to say this product did nothing for me. It didn't cover up my red, and although it isn't as flaky and powdery-looking on my dry skin as most pressed powders, it's still somewhat flaky so I probably won't use it often. The color did match beautifully, it just didn't conceal my redness around my nose which is what I bought it for. I won't be buying this again. EDIT: I tried using this over a more moisturizing foundation (lancome's absolue pearl) and found that it can indeed be worn without making me look flaky. However, even over foundation it is still unable to get rid of red. I can cake this stuff on and you can still see the redness. Oh well, still useless. The only reason I give this product a 2 instead of a 1 is because I really do like the color.

on 2/8/2006 9:16:00 PM

This is the best compact powder I've ever bought! I have fair skin and I don't like caking on the makeup, but at the same time, I like a little coverage to even out my skin tone. Rather than depending on a foundation (which I find thick and clogging to the pores), I just use a pale, tinted moisturiser from Pescriptives, and apply a little get even over the top, and this leaves my face fresh and even-looking. I prefer to apply it with a large brush because I find that when using the applicating sponge that it comes with, the result is powdery and too thick. The thing that bugs me though, is I've bought this product three times, and every time, the slightest knock has caused the clasp to break and so I have to put an elastic baqnd around it so it won't open and get everywhere when I have it in my purse. Does anyone else have this problem?

on 1/22/2006 12:06:00 AM

I used this powder when i had problem skin. it evened out red and didn't break me out which was most important, although sometimes i felt it was a little too dull and cheap looking.

on 1/10/2006 4:35:00 PM

I love this powder! It's one of the few very pressed powders which doesn't break me out, and actually provides a fair amount of coverage as well. And the compact lasts forever! I've been using it every day for almost half a year now, and there's still quite a lot left. A little goes a long way, or else it can look a bit mask-y.

Recommended for Normal Skin