Kerastase Ciment Thermique

4.4

Water, cyclopentasiloxane, propylene glycol, dimethiconol, triethanolamine, PEG/PPG-17/18 dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, carbomer, behentrimonium chloride, polyquaternium-4, potato starch modified, hydroxylpropyl guar, methylparaben, limonene, amodimethicone, cetyl alcohol, quaternium-33, trideceth-6, methosulfate, quaternium-33, trideceth-6, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol, geraniol, linalool, cetrimonium chloride, citral, parfum/fragrance

on 8/15/2010 10:31:00 AM

I love Kerastase - every now and then I try something else, but am always disappointed. I have fine hair, very prone to being weighed down, that is very dry, particularly at the ends, due to regular all-over highlighting for many years. I use Ciment Thermique as part of my general Kerastase routine, alongside other resistance products. Basically, it's great (when used with the shampoo and conditioner in the same range - if I didn't use Kerastase shampoo and conditioner my hair would be a disaster). My hair looks as good as it's ever going to get, and I can get away with not using straighteners.

I use quite a generous amount, and don't find it weighs my hair down.

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I gave this product 4 stars because in the hands of professionals it gives great results while in my hands it could do better.
I love the smell of this thing, the entire strengthening (green) line from Kerastase smells amazingly well. My hair is curly thin and dry, and I didn't find this product moisturized and smoothed my hair enough when I was either blow drying or iron flatting. That's when I was doing it. But it worked well, not bad enough to make me regret buying it, except it took me a really long time to dry my hair really well with it, and if I stopped when it was semi-dry it would become frizzy and weird (not curly anymore and definitely not straight).
But when I took to the salons, any salon, any hair stylist, of any age, really made blew dry my hair very beautifully and my hair was soft with this product. But they did say that anyone with dry hair should try Nectar Thermique because Ciment Thermique is not moisturizing enough, it's for normal hair prone to breakage.
So I suppose it is a very good product, but it's not amateur user friendly. You have to spend a lot of time blow drying your hair if you do it by yourself and it didn't make my split ends disappear.

on 7/30/2010 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this on my trip to London a couple of months ago. I wanted to do some shopping that day and I was to early and most of the shops were closeed, so I went to a hairdresser to cut my ends and I asked the nice lady what she would recommend to me as I´m about to grow my hair so she told me to try Ciment Thermique by Kérastase. So I bought this and continued to use it. This stuff rocks! My ends are not so dry anymore and I don´t need to cut that much off, as my hair is healthier. Also, this is a good protection when you like to straighten your hair. The smell is very fresh and pleasant. Also the texture is light and doesn´t make my hair greasy or feel heavy. I highly recommend this though I didn´t try this Iron Repair thing from Redken that someone mentioned, but I´ll give it a try too in the future. =) All I can say is: Ciment thermique deserves 5 lipstick because it does what they say it will do and I would buy this again.

on 6/29/2010 7:51:00 PM

I've lately started getting into Kerastase products after trying a co-worker's on a business trip. I decided to start with Ciment Thermique because of all the positive editorial it constantly gets. I tracked it down at Ricky's for $37, which made me gulp z little bit because Ricky's has a no-return policy on haircare.

For reference, my hair is shoulder length and quite thick with some slight wave. It has been through some serious color treating via full highlights, and now is abused through single process color. My hair is quite prone to frizz during humid days, so I am always on the search for items that will keep my hair sleek and shiny. (so far, tr two best I have found are Phytodefrisant and nofrizz.)

Anyway, the Thermique smells lovely - like grapefruit - and the texture is like a nice cream-gel. I use about a walnut size on my entire head. I find that it gives me gloriously glossy beautiful hair without any volume deflation or crunchiness.

The reason why I took off one lippie is because, unfortunately, this does weight down and make my hair kind of greasy after a day. I wash my hair every other day, so I find that with this product, my hair attracts more dirt on the second day. Overall, this is a good product, and I will continue to use when I blowdry. When I let my hair air dry, I much prefer Moroccanoil. continued >>

Yes, this is a really good product. However, Redken makes a product called Iron Repair that is $15 and just as good if not better! Half the price of Kerastase!! I have both products and I compared the ingredient list, the first 14 ingredients are EXACTLY the same. And I know ingredient lists are in the order of largest ingredient to smallest. Save yourself some money girls and get Iron Repair.

on 6/18/2010 1:54:00 PM

This was my first Kerastase purchase, and I just loved this stuff! When I ran out, I bought Nectar Thermique, because of all the hype on this site. Well, I did not like that stuff, and felt I was blow drying my hair with nothing in it when I used it! My hair didn't "drink it up" like others have posted. I switched back to CT and on day one, I noticed a huge difference!

This stuff really seals your hair...I have little to no frizz after blow drying, and don't even need to use my (new) SJ or even the Oleo Relax Serum. My hair feels soft (and heavy), has great movement, and literally seems transformed after one use. I think this stuff is the reason my hair fallout diminishes.... no more gobs of hair in the shower.

I don't like spending a ton of money on hair products, but this is the one product I will ALWAYS have! On the days I use my Joico Moisture Therapy and CT, my hair is amazing! Love this stuff, and will continue the investment!

on 5/18/2010 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

It is generally not easy to satisfy me when it comes to hair-care products because my hair is not easy to handle due to overprocessing. This product lives up to its claims, gives moisture, minimises statics...

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I used Nectar Thermique on and off for over a year because I needed a heat protectant, but I found it to be a bit too heavy for my hair. When it ran out, I purchased Ciment Thermique which I highly recommend for fine hair. It has a gorgeous grapefruit scent, and the packaging allows you to get every last drop out of the tube.

Word to the wise: a little goes a long way...the French directions recommend a "noisette" size application, which is a hazelnut size, and the English directions say walnut sized application. Stick with the hazelnut sized application!

Heat styled hair, full of body and smelling great!

on 5/13/2010 3:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Maybe because I live in a super-dry climate, but this stuff just isn't moisturizing enough. I mix it in my palm with Kerastase leave-in conditioner from the moisturizing orange line (I can't remember what it's called), and then it works well, but I think for the money, and for dry hair, you're best off using the Nectar Thermique instead

on 5/12/2010 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really love this treatment--it's one of very few that has a result that's distinguishable from the multitude of other thermal treatments on the market. I usually find that with a given hair balm I either get no real result, or definition plus greasiness/weight. This is the perfect combination, which leaves my hair silky, polished, and volumized. I've been very pleased with this line, and will continue to try new products from Kerastase.

Top Rated Kerastase Products