July 23, 2014 | 2061 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in Mat Black 0L

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Beladahmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i do love this eyeliner. i didnt give it a 5 tho because its very expensive and it doesnt quite stay on my waterline.. but so far one of the best for a smudgy smokey eye.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2010 3:58:00 AM More reviews by Veritas709

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so impressed when the Sephora rep demonstrated this eyeliner. She glided it on my hand, waited for 2 minutes and tried to wipe it off. It did stayed on with no smearing whatsoever. She tried to convince me to buy a "special" makeup remover because I would not be able to remove this liner once it sets. So, of course I was so impressed I shelled out $17 to buy the liner but not the remover. Well as it turned out, I didn't have to buy the "special" makeup remover after all because this eyeliner just disappears after a couple hours. It left my eyes with some smearing mess. The texture is nice and creamy but what's the point when it doesn't even stay on. I'm very disappointed. A search for a good long lasting eyeliner continues...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 11:03:00 PM More reviews by A11MadeUp

This product is unbelievable! I love it! I tried it in a sample size and used the little sample size for over a year before I lost it. I didn't want to shell out $17 on an eyeliner, but I simply can't live without it! I use it pretty much only for my lower water line, although I have used it on my upper lash line as well (I prefer liquid for the upper lash line). It lasts all night long! Most of the time, I don't even bring it out with me because I don't have to re-apply at all. It's so creamy and goes on so smooth. It's definitely my must-have.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by KTang18

I had very high hopes in this eyeliner after reading so many reviews and also watching reviews online. I do have oily lids. The eyeliner guaranteed that it will not melt after 90 seconds after application. I'm extremely disappointed in this eyeliner. I wanted an eyeliner that does not melt off my eyes. I applied this on my upper water line. This eyeliner transferred to my under-eye area after an hour. It's not even humid where I live.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by prettyascanbe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love using it to line my waterline yet I have used much cheaper more pigmented and creamier liners. Lasts decently long but a bit pricy for the quality I wish it could be darker and more pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 1:29:00 PM More reviews by rachelanneb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG eyeliner for my top lashes. It lasts all day long, even in sunny 90+ humid weather (I've tested this many times). Creamy application a'la UD 24-7 liners, but this doesn't transfer to upper lids or wear off like the UD liners do. The black is very black and vivid. And although they do wear well all day, the initial creamy dreamy application allows you to smudge it if wanted.

The only caveat is that this isn't the best for your water line- for some reason the black isn't as vivid on my waterline (I prefer UD 24-7 for that use). But all in all a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by doctordoom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

used to use this on my waterline but it just didn't last as long as it should have.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by dianaec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good long lasting eyeliner. I have the black and the navy color and use both for the upper waterline and lining the upper lid. Stays put, good color payoff. The pencil is also a good consistency - not so soft that it mushes easily and not so hard that it skips when dragged across the skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by TacoFlavoredKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've tried many a black eyeliner pencil, and this one seems to be the one I reach for the most. It stays put, it glides on pretty nicely without tugging, and it stays well on the waterline. It can smudge if you're not paying attention and rub your eye, but the staying power of this is pretty great. I have it in a few other colors. I'd say my runner up to this would be Urban Decay 24/7 liners and also the Styli-Style one- thats ones pretty great for a d/s e/l!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by bloodyroses

I figured it's much more useful to review 7 different pencil liners at the same time. For reference, I'm Asian, my eyes are not hooded and are very sensitive. I wear contacts and my seasonal allergies go berserk when spring comes, so they get really watery and itchy. I never wear liner alone--always with eyeshadow primer and eyeshadow. The bottoms of my lids are not oily. The objective was to test out how these liners wear on the waterline

LISE WATIER WATERPROOF EYELINER in NOIR INTENSE

This liner definitely STAYS put. Just watch out if you're crying--then it can get a little smudgey. It's very smooth--no skipping or anything. It's also really pigmented, so you only need to draw the line once. It wears really well on the upper waterline, the upper lashline and the lower lashline, but when you put it on the lower waterline, it doesn't stay on. It fades from the lower waterline and also feels sticky--I've figured out that this is part of this particular liner's stay-put quality. The wear on the other parts of the eye are all-day. Lower waterline wear is just a little uncomfortable and lasts only about half an hour (which is good--the sticky feeling won't bother you the whole day, then). 17CAD, found at London Drugs, Shoppers Drug Mart and Sears Canada.

LANCOME LE CRAYON KHOL in BLACK EBONY

Super sotty black. Like, THE blackest black. Super easy to apply because of the high pigmentation. But aside from that, it's no fun to wear. In about half an hour, I no longer have a prettily lined waterline--instead it has migrated three times the thickness of the original line and it DOESN'T come off. Well, not unless I go at it with a q-tip soaked in makeup remover, but really, who carries makeup remover in their purse? 27CAD at The Bay, Sears Canada, Sephora, Shoppers Drug Mart and London Drugs.

MAC EYE KOHL in SMOLDER

For an eye kohl pencil, the staying power is really not that bad. It's about 2 hours of perfection. As the day goes on, it fades away. It does smudge, as well, but minimal. An "eh" pencil. One could do better. But if your eyes aren't very watery or anything, it'd probably be great for you. 17.50CAD at MAC at The Bay, MAC, MAC Pro.

SHU UEMURA DRAWING PENCIL in M BLACK 01

Hard to put on the waterline. It's probably because it's a waterproof pencil trying to draw on a wet waterline. It's very smooth and very black, though. Staying power is NIL. Absolutely nil. It was so bad, I returned it in a flash. After about an hour, it fades away COMPLETELY from the waterline and migrates waaaaaaaaay down below the lower lashline. 25CAD at Holt Refrew.

MAKE UP FOR EVER AQUA EYES in 0L

After the makeup board was recommending me this liner, I decided to try it out. I'm disappointed. It literally is the same story as the Shu drawing pencil. Very black with panda eyes in an hour, flat. Sigh. 19CAD at The Bay, Sephora, Sears Canada and Shoppers Drug Mart.

URBAN DECAY 24/7 GLIDE ON EYE PENCIL in ZERO

Again, another liner that just pissed me off. Everyone I talked to promised that it'd be THE liner and I was particularly excited because when Sephora opened just last summer, I made it part of my first purchase there. And you know what? Exact same story as the Shu drawing pencil and the MUFE liner. Pooey. 21CAD at Sephora.

MAC POWERPOINT in ENGRAVED

This liner has the same consistency as the Lise Watier liner, but this one actually stays much longer on the waterline, without that weird stickiness. Very smooth. You might need to run the liner over twice over the same place to make it darker, though. The fading is very gradual and very neat--it doesn't smudge and leave a mess below the lashline. I believe it only started to fade after 4 hours. So far, this liner wins the contest. 17.50CAD at MAC at The Bay, MAC, MAC Pro.

Phew. That was long. Hope this helps someone!

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No