Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes - Matte Black 0L

3.5

on 11/10/2010 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

To be honest, I'm a very cheap person. I don't like to spend a lot of high end products but once in a while I'll splurge.

I've been using this particular eyeliner for quite some time now and it's not too bad. Just make sure you set this (like you should with all other eyeliners) so increase staying power. It does smudge great if you're looking for a more smokier (?) look.

I'm still unsure if i'll purchase this again as it is above my budget.

on 11/7/2010 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really like the look of liquid or gel eyeliner, but often don't have the time to apply it flawlessly. Aqua Eyes combines the convenience of a pencil with the look of liquid. It has good staying power, too. It will last a good 8 hours if your eyes stay dry. Don't know about swimming or such - I try not to wear eyeliner if water is involved. To sum up, good product, kind of expensive, but I would repurchase again.

on 11/3/2010 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

i bought this eyeliner mainly to use on waterline ...it's sooo creamy and smooth ..this eyeliner will stay put on waterline for about 4 -5 hours no more which is good amount of time anyway ...then i have to reapply it ...it did NOT leave me with raccoon eyes but it's a slight smearing or smudging on my bottom lid ...i'll try to set it with black eyeshadow from now on...over all a good eyeliner so far ..will update

i tried this eyeliner for a smoky eye look and it smudged great ... will buy this eyeliner again

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ok, when I first bought this product I heard wonderful things about; it really struck me that the French synchronized swimming team used this brand. So, I bought it and I found out it's an overall good product; I wouldn't use it everyday as it was quite pricey but for special occassions it does work.

I've got very oily lids so I always have to use a shadow base, maybe that helped increase its staying power for more than 10 hours :D Oh, I also drew a tattoo on my skin with this as to try what the website says, and it really stayed, just be careful when choosing the place; if you do it inside your wrist and you work with a computer, it's really probable that it'll smudge.

on 10/26/2010 5:18:00 PM

This liner is a product I keep coming back to. Before I discovered MUFE Aqua Eyes I was not really getting what I needed from my eyeliner. I wanted a black line, that would not smudge, goes on easily and stays put. So this has been a staple in my make up collection for a few years, and I haven't really found anything I like better....besides maybe a liquid or gel liner but thats another product altogether!

on 10/22/2010 2:09:00 PM

Color is decent and does last but the actual pencil dries out after a few months and tugs on the eye like nobody's business. Considering the price, I don't see how it's a value. Also, after sharpening, the tip breaks off, leaving the pencil useless. I'm going with Urban Decay next time.

on 10/11/2010 6:59:00 PM

As far as pencil eyeliners go this is my favourite staple. 0L is a super pigmented coal black. I used Urban Decays 24/7 Liners for a long time but these are definitely superior (although I will say that at times I do like the colors UD has a bit better). The 24/7s are very smooth and soft but they also smudge and melt away on me within hours. The aqua eyes are much better - they are a bit firmer (but not nearly as hard as regular kohl eyeliners) and last longer. Do they stay perfect all day long - no. But most days I prefer the speed and convenience of applying eyeliner with a pencil, so without using a waterproof liquid liner this is really the best thing I've found for daily use. Some smudging occurs but its minimal compared to any other pencils I've tried, and at least at the end of the day I can still see an actual black line along my lashes instead of a smudgey shadow of where liner used to be.

on 9/29/2010 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

i do love this eyeliner. i didnt give it a 5 tho because its very expensive and it doesnt quite stay on my waterline.. but so far one of the best for a smudgy smokey eye.

on 9/22/2010 3:58:00 AM

I was so impressed when the Sephora rep demonstrated this eyeliner. She glided it on my hand, waited for 2 minutes and tried to wipe it off. It did stayed on with no smearing whatsoever. She tried to convince me to buy a "special" makeup remover because I would not be able to remove this liner once it sets. So, of course I was so impressed I shelled out $17 to buy the liner but not the remover. Well as it turned out, I didn't have to buy the "special" makeup remover after all because this eyeliner just disappears after a couple hours. It left my eyes with some smearing mess. The texture is nice and creamy but what's the point when it doesn't even stay on. I'm very disappointed. A search for a good long lasting eyeliner continues...

on 9/4/2010 11:03:00 PM

This product is unbelievable! I love it! I tried it in a sample size and used the little sample size for over a year before I lost it. I didn't want to shell out $17 on an eyeliner, but I simply can't live without it! I use it pretty much only for my lower water line, although I have used it on my upper lash line as well (I prefer liquid for the upper lash line). It lasts all night long! Most of the time, I don't even bring it out with me because I don't have to re-apply at all. It's so creamy and goes on so smooth. It's definitely my must-have.