October 24, 2014 | 1406 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this mineral makeup for 2 weeks now and I'm in LOVE. I bought this based on a recommendation from a friend. I have tried every mineral makeup under the sun: BareMinerals, PurMinerals, Lauress, Meow, Everyday, Alima, the list goes on. I never tried LM because I was always under the impression that it was geared more towards "cool" undertones, but I was wrong. After YEARS of using mineral makeup, I switched to tinted moisturizer (Pixi) about 6 months ago. While I loved the TM, it didn't give me the coverage I needed and lately, unfortunately, I need more coverage than usual. So I gave LM a try. I am a NC25, so i tried the Rich Vanilla color first and boy was that way too dark. Normally, most foundations seem to be light or medium with no in between (even if they are marked "ligh/medium") and usually one shade down for me, at least, seems to be much lighter. I ended up exchanging it for Natural Beige and it is a perfect match for my skin tone and I was surprised that it wasn't too light. I use a primer underneath (haven't been 100% satisfied with LM's primer, but I am going to try Hourglass and see how it works). I just dab on some primer and concealer where I need it and then buff these minerals into my skin. A little goes a long way and the coverage is excellent (I would say medium coverage, but it sinks into the skin so it looks and feels like you're wearing a lot less). I am so happy to use mineral makeup again as it really makes my skin look good without being too shiny and used in conjunction with the primer, this makeup stays put and looks great. I always get compliments when I wear it. A+
EDIT: So I was a little bit off on the color. I realized after wearing this for awhile now that it's not the perfect match for my NC 25 skin and makes me look a little too yellow/peach -ish (which I know the Natural Beige is supposed to do). However, when I wear the Pixi TM underneath, then the color is perfection. I would give this a 4.5 if I could.......just a 1/2 star off for me not finding an exact color match and having to use this in conjunction with another product to get the look I want.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by BlancheDevereaux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG every day foundation! I first tried a mineral makeup in middle school when Bare Minerals was making it big. It was HORRIBLE so I didn't touch another mineral foundation since then.

Well I received this little gem in a swap and I've been hooked ever since. It is AMAZING. It covers 95% of my flaws while remaining completely undetectable on my skin. I literally look airbrushed when i'm wearing it.

It has a beautiful satin matte finish and it keeps my skin looking youthful and luminous (something that is very rare with powder foundations). The best part is the texture...it is so soft that it literally feels like it transform into a cream while you are buffing it in. It blends THAT well.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by lizyu6688

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I personally don't like this product. I have oily T-zone and everywhere else of my face is dry. I purchased the Tender Rose color. With the LM primer, after I put on this powder, my face color looked so fake and white like a chalk. My mom said that I looked like a zombie. I have used the Tender Rose pressed powder and it was good. But this loose powder with the primer, awful! My face looks white and yellow. SUCK! I returned the primer, loose powder, and brush immediately.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 5:31:00 AM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Use when I want to tone down my moisturizer's shininess and have a bit of coverage. Lightly buff into skin with kabuki brush and mist to avoid powdery finish. Generally I cannot tolerate sparkles all over my face, so I was very concerned when I read these complaints from others. Maybe it's because I use a very light layer on my t-zone, but I only get a bit of glowing sheen. This is the only loose mineral powder that didn't go dry and cake up my skin. Also has fantastic lasting power. My color is Real Sand, which seems to work for my winter NC15-20 and summer NC20-25 skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by bc12401

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HOLY GRAIL powder foundation!

I have very dry skin around my nose and cheeks but this foundation doesn't seem to make my face feel tight like other powders can. I understand that a lot of users are saying that this makes their face "oily" looking - but I completely disagree with this being negative. The foundation has extremely fine shimmer to it and leaves a very satiny, eggshell finish. It's beautiful. I'm 20 and love it, and my mother (age 52) LOVES it. It's perfect for her skin.

This looks amazing in the winter, but especially nice in the summer months.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by reverendgreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

As with others who tried this foundation, this was the first mineral powder where I liked the finish. Others have noted that it gives a gives an oily or overly 'glowy' finish but I disagree. I am very picky when it comes to shine and always wear a matte look so I would have returned this immediately if I thought it looked oily. It certainly does impart a pearly effect, neither shimmery nor shiny, simply a slight radiance. (Not glittery.)
I don't find this foundation to be particularly long-wearing and find that its finish has decayed after about five hours. It doesn't help particularly with oil reduction and I find that I do get oily quicker when wearing it but it's not majorly troublesome and a quick powdering solves it. Perhaps this is why some people find the finish oily.
In terms of application, it is somewhat bothersome but that goes with mineral territory. It's difficult to build up coverage and you have to some time blending so as to avoid patchiness. However, once applied properly, the coverage is good and you can even work to a full coverage, though I would say medium coverage looks better.
The shade 'Soft Porcelain' is excellent for my very fair skin. The colour, along with the finish, of this foundation certainly does make my skin like porcelain.
All in all, this is a nice foundation and certainly one of the best mineral powders. I don't wear it year round (not enough oil control for summer and a bit too powdery for winter flakies) but I always keep some in my makeup drawer for quick makeup application and for transitional weather.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by whisper

I honestly cannot see why so many people, the vast majority really, seem to adore this product as much as they do. But to each his/her own, I suppose. This powder is SO SHIMMERY it's frankly distracting. There are a number of other things about it that I dislike, but the glitter/sparkles in it are what did it (or, didn't do it, I guess would be more accurate) for me. I put this on and it was like a glitter-bomb explosion on my face. So I just don't see any practical use for something like this. I would return it without hesitation were it not a gift. Can't recommend, sorry. (Clearly, though, as I mentioned, I'm in the minority.)

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by verymilky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this! Usually mineral foundations are so sheer and chalky but this powder is soft and satiny with medium to full buildable coverage. It doesn't look cakey or powdery. I can use it on it's own to even out my skin or over liquid or cream foundation for an absolutely flawless finish. As a finishing powder, it will conceal anything left that your concealer and foundation failed to. I have horrible acne scars and rather than spending an hour blending layers of concealer over my my marks I can just dust this on over my foundation and it takes care of it. Another plus is the lightest shade "porcelain ivory" is actually pale enough! I'm a warm toned NC10 and it matches perfectly. Only downside is the slight glow might be a downside for some with oily skin or large pores.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by fancyfrancie

First off, I am not a mineral-makeup devotee. For the most part I think mineral makeup tends to look patchy, uneven, chalky, and unnatural. That said, I keep coming back to this stuff. For a mineral powder with sunscreen, it's very light and easy to apply, and the neutral shades are lovely (Soft Porcelain is like striking gold for anyone with very fair skin). Overall, I think it's more elegant than most other mineral powders (such as Bare Minerals- not a fan). However, it has some of the same drawbacks as other mineral makeup:
1) If you apply to much, you're screwed and pretty much have to start over. Unlike liquid makeup, I find powder makeup much more difficult to blend away.
2) If you are in a dry environment, it can get patchy and clumped-looking as the day wears on. I haven't tested it in the summer, but I'll come back to this review once I have.
True, this powder can be a dream! But overall I think the performance of mineral powder (even this powder, which I consider mineral makeup at its best) just isn't consistent enough to woo me away from liquid makeup.
EDIT: I've stopped using this, because I think Avon's ExtraLasting Powder SPF 15 is a better product, as well as a better value. The LM powder is just too iffy... the Avon powder performs much more reliably.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by nikkola

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i don't know how this manages to make me look greasy and dry at the same time. i have dry skin, and my forehead is a grease pit with this-
this doesnt happen with any other powder.