Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Ozokerite, Shellac, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium 15, Simethicone, Quaternium 22, Butylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510) (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289) (CI 77289), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 7/24/2014 10:35:00 PM

I have been using Great Lash mascara for over 30 years, probably started using it because I saw it was a product my mother used as well, growing up. This product is around yet today because of its unique formula-one that goes on well with just the right applicator, rarely clumps your lashes together, and boy, is it ever waterproof! I like that it comes in different shades now, giving women more choices (which we love), for different looks. I stick with the Very Black color, and even use the applicator to line my lower eyelids as well. Definitely one of the best cosmetic products on the market.

on 7/19/2014 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Great Lash - it seems like it was so popular and amazing, especially how it was advertised. It definitely isn't! If you read any other review on MakeupAlley about it, you'll see how many people it didn't work wonders on.

Supposedly, according to Maybelline, "Great Lash mascaras make full, glamorous and clump-free lashes that are effortless to achieve and impossible to ignore."

Unfortunately, even it wasn't very clumpy, this mascara was incredibly thin. My lashes looked like nothing, other than a few measly clumps. No added length, volume, and most definitely NOT glamorous - especially by the end of the day.

There were flaky bits under my eyes and made my dark circles look zombie-like. Not to mention, I take time to curl my stick straight lashes. They curl, but right when I apply this mascara, they actually DROOP down. That's something.

The clear "Great Lash" isn't much better; in terms of holding curl. But it's hard to expect a clear mascara to add lots of volume and length, so I like using it as a brow gel. It works fine.

Definitely do not recommend Great Lash. Mascaras are a girl's best friend, but this one didn't make it. Even for about $5. I recommend The Rocket Volum' Express, The Colossal, Falsies Flared, Pumped Up... Maybelline has a great array of mascaras, but this one I give 1/5 lippies.

on 7/19/2014 2:07:00 PM

This mascara made me cry. Literally, my eyes wouldn't stop watering. It also smudged like crazy! I normally don't have issues with mascaras like I did with this one. I got the Noir Black and the Royal Blue (which sadly doesn't even show up blue at all).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought this product on a whim- for the price, it seemed like a good deal.
I bought the clear formula, which, is great for my brows, but does absolutely nothing for my lashes. Sure, it keeps them long for a minute or two, but the formula is so watery that they fall flat not long after applying. It really disappointed me, considering Maybelline makes so many other great mascaras.
The day after I bought it, I applied it like usual and before I could put the brush back in the tube, it fell off the wand.
Yeah.
Thankfully, it didn't fall off while in the tube. Right before I ran out of the product, it became goopy and was almost inoperable. Also, the brush fell off, again, and this time, I couldn't fix it.

on 7/18/2014 6:17:00 AM

This is a great mascara. Extremely waterproof, almost a pain to get off. Good length. It works best as a second mascara to put on top of another

on 7/17/2014 10:27:00 AM

Why is this product still talked about so much? I don't know of anyone who actually likes it. The bristles on the brush are spaced out in is such a way that this doesn't do anything for my lashes.

on 7/16/2014 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have no clue why so many magazines recommend this garbage or why it has so many faithfuls. I am not anti drugstore makeup I must say first. There are plenty of fantastic choices there. I'm just saying this is not it.

This mascara never really dries completely. It will end up half way down your face by then end of the day. And FORGET it if it's humid out. You're definitely SOL then. I once opened the oven and my lashes immediately stuck together.

To top it off this stuff smells nasty. It may not be expensive but seriously don't waste your money.

on 7/15/2014 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have never hated a mascara more in my life than this one, and i have tried a lot. Its by far the worst, it smells bad, it smudges to easily, the brush it terrible and it did absolutely NOTHING at all than ruin my eye makeup. TERRIBLE!!

on 7/13/2014 12:43:00 AM

Clumps and smudges more than any other mascara I've ever used. I have no idea how it wins "awards".

on 7/12/2014 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

No, no, no. I had a horrible reaction. My eyelids became so swollen and red that everyone thought I had pink eye. Well, the doctor said no--it was this mascara. The Blackest of Black Noir one. I am not that sensitive, and I am terrified of trying new mascaras now..