April 20, 2014 | 941 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by starsdotu

I was really excited for the first week where it dramatically cleared a lot of my acne. BUT then it stabilized and didn't seem to have any effect anymore. It is better than all those other products I've used, so I'll stick around with it until I find something more effective for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by MARmaladeJay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't get over how wonderful this works for me. Since I've entered my 30s, I've had about a year of uncontrollable adult acne. I've tried a few items and most of the products has made me break out even more. Even after seeing a dermatologist, she recommend I use simple products such as Neutrogena. So went out and purchased this as my first trail. I started using this product in 2009 and I have been using it ever since. I use it twice a day, morning and night, and I have noticed a huge difference in my skin. This has definitely gotten my acne under control nicely. About two-weeks ago, I had a huge pimple on my right cheek. Normally, if I wasn't using this product, it'll take a good week and a half for the pimple to go away. Since I'm using the Power-Clear Scrub, it diminished in about five days.

In addition, I have used less and less foundation. I don't know if this product is a factor. I can only correlate the two because I started using this around the same time I lessened the usage of foundation. I have noticed my skin tone is more even. When I do feel like applying foundation (usually on special occasions), it applies smoothly.

It's a bit on the pricey side for a drugstore brand and it only contains 4.2 ounces (125mL). I wish it came in the same size as the Power-Cream Wash, which is 6 ounces (177mL) as both run about the same price.

I hope Neutrogena does not discontinue this product. This is such a WONDERFUL and HELPFUL product for my skin. I will be purchasing this again and again!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2010 11:00:00 AM More reviews by f33xc0re

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product has been a bit of a disappointment for me. I read the great reviews and was expecting a real improvement in my stress-related acne. It certainly was not cheap, but if it worked it would have been worth it. The first thing I noticed when I put it on my face in the shower was that it stung! Now, to be fair, I have sensitive skin. The burning sensation never completely went away, but after a few weeks of using this stress control scrub, it became less bothersome. One good thing about this product is that my skin required no adjustment time or initial breakouts. However, it did absolutely nothing positive, either. As far as cleansing power goes, it does the job, and makes my skin softer and smoother, but that's not what I want to be paying eight or nine dollars for. It did leave my face feeling fresh, though, and the scent was fairly nice (like cucumber, but a little more chemically).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Works great for my teens' acne skin. The fact that it's a scrub doesn't affect their skin poorly (cause more irritation to acne) because they use a very light pressure when using.

CONS: There really aren't any except the smell isn't the greatest.

ALTERNATES: The "Rapid Clear" line by Neutrogena or the Natural Acnedote line by Alba Botanica when they need the extra oomph.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 3:28:00 AM More reviews by toomuchfun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Acne products are always difficult to review or recommend to others because everyone's skin is completely different and a miracle product for one person sometimes does absolutely nothing for the next person. But since I have started using this cleanser I haven't had one cystic outbreak, and that's basically a miracle for me, having one product make such huge difference. My skin isn't perfect, but I only get small, non-painful blemishes now instead of huge, painful ones. I would say if you've had any luck with glycolic acid in the past, if you've never tried glycolic acid, or if you're looking for a replacement for the now-discontinued Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser (which also had a combination of glycolic and salicylic acid), definitely try this!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by jessc3

This scrub worked wonders for my skin at first. For about two months I was using it, and it did a great job of controlling my breakouts. I used this scrub with the Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Stress Control Toner and 3-in-1 Lotion. They all did what they were supposed to do until about a month ago, when I started breaking out worse than I have in years. I was hoping these products would be it for me, but sadly I am again looking for something to clear up my acne. However, I will say that the scrub does clean skin very well and has a nice smell, it just stopped treating my acne.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2010 11:59:00 PM More reviews by misscayanxoxo

I also agree with the person at the bottom, Sadly I bought this produt due to all the positive reviews, and plus my friend uses it and saids it fantastic. So i gave it a try and It did nothing for my skin. It just smells great, and removes my dead dry skin. But that is about it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by taybear96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was super excited about trying this product when I saw all the positive reviews, unfortunately I must be one of the few people who's skin just doesn't agree with this. After cleansing my skin I tried it out, it felt creamy and rich... not very much like a scrub at all and and smell was amazing (like cucumber melon). Sadly when I rinsed it off there were blemishes all over my cheeks, they literally popped right up after using this scrub. I honestly wanted to like this scrub but it just wasn't right for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by cowbeIIyoursocksoff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So far, I am loving this! Lately my skin has been very acne-prone, and I am always worried about trying new products. This does a great job of cleaning my skin, exfoliating, and keeping the pimples at bay. And I love love love the smell! It has only been a few days but my skin just looks better overall. The cost is good too. If this product keeps working like this, it will be my new HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by rlww4231

i like this scrub, for one because it smells nice, but it only works on mild acne. i personally like the pink grapefruit foaming scrub better than this one and they work the same