November 27, 2014 | 991 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by purplesoccerfrk1

I am a teenager, so I obviously have acne. There has never been any period of my teenage years where I never had a pimple anywhere on my face. Well, I ran out of my other face scrub, Neutrogena Rapid Clear Foaming Scrub, so I went to Target to get another bottle.
But then I saw this; first of all, I LOVE THE COLOR AND SMELL! It smells just like cucumbers, but it's also supposed to control acne that comes from stress. I've been very very stressed lately because of all the work I have in high school. I've slept very little and I had a lot of breakouts. The Rapid Clear scrub helped a bit in that I didn't have those bulgy disgusting pimples everywhere, but didn't do much else. So I decided to buy this, along with the Acne Stress Control Toner.
I've been using this for 4 months now, going onto 5. And what can I say? It's the best freaking thing ever.. !!!
At first, I absolutely LOVED how my face was very tingly and felt extremely fresh when I washed my face with this. I didn't see too much difference in my acne though. But over time (cause you gotta give acne products time, they're not supposed to be miracles!) I saw that I had little to no breakouts, and my acne was slowly going away.
Now I use this once every day or so (sometimes every two days) because I'm afraid the scrub part of this facial wash will irritate my skin. But now, I have about 3 pimples on my face max. My daily skin routine is very intense, so I guess that helps it out. But I saw a much much much better improvement after I started using this. It's lasted pretty long so that's another good thing about this product!
I feel clean and fresh every day now, and I don't even use foundation or concealer anymore! I also make sure to not touch my face though (very big tip right there for those of you who are acne-prone) to help this product out. I'd recommend this for anyone!!!
The only reason why I rated it four stars is because it's not a miracle and I don't think any acne product should be 5 stars unless it's a miracle. So... yup! I love this product!! yummmmm :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by pakiaish

This is my miracle fix. I have suffered from mild acne for as long as I can remember, and many of the face washes i use that have salicylic acid are too strong for me and I get dry, peeling skin. So the first time i used this I was struck at the texture of the facewash its different the all the others I have used, it is like creamy with these little beads in it. When you wash your face with it, you will notice there is not a lot of lather, but trust me it is working. Once you wash your face you will feel a clean tingly feeling, afterwards you dont honestly need to follow up with moisurizer, it is so calming that you can moisturize when you want to. If you have a pimple you want to get rid of, rub a little bit of the neutrogena facewash on it and leave it there while you brush your teeth then wash it off. I swear the next day your pimple will be reduced significantly in size or will be gone. This works best if you have a tiny pimple emerging and u put it on right away, it will stay tiny and go away and not even become big. I LOVE THIS FACE WASH. highly highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Kate122

I adore this scrub! It's probably the best OTC treatment I ever used for my acne. Once, I decided to use the acne.org system, so I stopped using this scrub. Big mistake. I didn't do well with it at all, and my skin got way worse. I stopped that, started up again with this scrub, and my skin got back to normal. The great thing about this scrub is it has BHA and AHA: the best of both worlds! It does a great job preventing clogged pores and I swear it gets rid of any red marks quicker. It's also not too harsh. I use it every day without a problem. It didn't clear my skin completely-- I had to resort to accutane for that. But it is easily my favorite and most effective topical treatment for acne, clogged pores, marks, and roughness.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by supergal197

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had this product for about a month. It has a light cucumber scent but you can still smell this kind of fake smelling fragrance that most drugstore products have. I think this calms my skin, feels pretty hydrating and makes your skin feel soft. However my skin is very easily dehydrated so it makes my skin feel a bit tight after cleansing, but it is not that bad compared to other products. I only use this 1 -2 times a week because if i use it everyday it tends to lose effectiveness in keeping away spots on my acne-prone skin. Overall, i think this is a pretty good product and i would recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

This actually does what it clams! It works like magic ;)
I used it twice a day (mild to moderate acne) and in a few days, my skin looked noticeably clearer&somehow smoother. I didn't get as many zits as before.
Even with my sensitive skin (oily+sensitive+acnes=BAD) it didn't irritate my skin when I used it twice a day. coupled w/ Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturiser for Sensitive Skin, I get baby-smooth face :D

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Ticket

I use this scrub about 2 or 3 times a week, in the shower. I don't know about the "stress control" part of it, but it does its job for a scrub. After use, my skin feels smoother and cleaner. It doesn't dry out my skin too much, which is nice. Basically, if you want a scrub to slough of dead skin, and maybe clean some pore, this will do the job. It's not too expensive and a tube lasts forever.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by jetsabel

Over the summer I had been having skin problems, since my skin got more oily and I began to break out more. So I looked for reviews of acne face cleansers and chose this one because of its good reviews.

However, it was awful! At first it seemed fine, but then I realized it was actually making me break out more. The summer ended and I kept using this cleanser and my acne stayed, and just kept getting worse. Finally, I read somewhere that products which are too harsh can actually give you more acne. I switched to a very gentle cleanser and my skin began to get better.

It just seems very counterintuitive that a product which is supposed to make your acne better can actually make it worse! Because then you just keep using even more of the product...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 5:30:00 AM More reviews by kendal21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This scrub is fantastic! The spherical beads ensure that my skin isn't irritated or torn by the jagged walnut or apricot shell they put in lots of products like the popular St Ives scrubs, the creamy texture is great and the addition of glycolic acid as one of the main ingrediants makes for an awesome scrub which both manually and chemically exfoliates the skin. I have quite oily skin prone to breakouts, i use this scrub every night and it keeps my skin smooth and pimple free, would definitely recommend this to any one who gets pimples or oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this scrub. I use it in conjunction with the Acne Stress cream wash and I will not use anything else. I discovered them both about a year ago and my skin has been much better since I've started using them. Partly because I believe I'm outgrowing my acne but also because my skin responds very well to glycolic acid. Will continue to use this stuff for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by starsdotu

I was really excited for the first week where it dramatically cleared a lot of my acne. BUT then it stabilized and didn't seem to have any effect anymore. It is better than all those other products I've used, so I'll stick around with it until I find something more effective for me.