Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche

on 3/20/2010 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I really wanted to like Chance Eau Fraiche - effervescent, green, fresh -
but the effect was not good on me. Smelled like lime sorbet, ginger
ale, and tuna. I like many Chanel's but will have to forego this one.

on 3/4/2010 5:25:00 AM

This is the better of the two Chance fragrances. The smell is amazing, but the staying power isn't all that great, it stays for about 4-6 hours. But I would consider repurchasing this fragrance.

on 1/21/2010 3:20:00 PM

I had been eying this for a while, and I finally received this for Christmas. A couple days before Christmas, I went to the mall and decided to spray some on myself, just because I loved the smell so much. When I got home, I kept sniffing my scarf saying "ahh it smells so good!!", and apparently, my mom took the hint ;) I adore the way this smells! It's very fresh, yet slightly sweet and a teeny bit spicy. It does smell a bit masculine when first sprayed, but it dries down to a beautiful critrusy floral scent. It also has great staying power on me. I spray it before going to school (around 6:20 am) and by 1 pm I still smell that beautiful scent around me. I absolutely love this fragrance and it has amazing staying power for such a fresh, delicate scent. I would definitely repurchase when I run out, although it is very expensive. In my opinion, it's worth it.

on 1/13/2010 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First off, I got this as a gift. I wouldnt usually spend that much on perfume for myself...but I may buy more when I run out if this bottle lasts a long time. I LOVE this scent. When I first put it on it kind of reminds me of men's cologne (which I love). The dry down smells beautiful too. It gets floral-y but not too sour-smelling like some florals. Eau Fraiche does not give me a headache like a lot of perfumes do and I don't get fed up with the smell like I usually do with other scents. It also lasts really long on me. I can still smell traces of it by the end of the night when I put it on in the morning. I love the bottle - it's so chic! As a sidenote, I really don't like the original Chanel Chance...too old lady for me. Something about doesn't really strike me as "special". But the Chance Eau Fraiche is definitely a unique, fresh scent that doesn't smell like something you could just buy in the drugstore. So overall...LOVE the perfume...don't love the price but if it lasts long I think it's worth it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

After lemming this for a year, my yearning was finally fulfilled last week. I received this as a gift from my BF, which is wonderful because I probably would never have bought it for myself. When the fragrance is first spritzed, it has an almost masculine feeling to it, because there is such an absence of sweetness. It reminds me of old-fashioned European eau de Cologne. Initially, it is very, very green, and manages to be both fresh and spicy. To me, the most noticeable inital note is vetiver.
However, after it settles on my skin for a few minutes, the scent softens considerably. At this point, it is definitely feminine. I get a sense of musk and perhaps jasmine.
My favorite thing about this fragrance is the juxtaposition of cool freshness with warm softness. I find this combination to be very unique and alluring. I also love the color of the liquid in the bottle: a refreshing-looking cool transparent green. The fragrance lasts a considerable while on my skin, but not so much that I tire of it.

on 1/1/2010 12:59:00 PM

I love this fragranc e- i realise that it is in the pricey end of the market, but it is a signature smell and manages to be opulent and fresh, without the kicker that sometimes comes with chanel of being too heavy or mature for younger women.
I love it - it is my second favourite perfume and one i would recommend to all who like their perfume fresh and light but with staying power.

on 12/29/2009 2:31:00 PM

This is my first Chanel perfume and I must say that I am loving it. It's definitely expensive but the smells lasts all day long for me so I guess it's worth it. My DH described the scent as mature and sexy...Two thumbs up!

Edit: While I'm still loving the perfume, something about the scent of men's cologne that is lingering for a little too long is starting to annoy me a little....will NOT be buying again.

I've tried a good amount of fragrances and next to Versace bright crystals this is by far my favorite. I love the fresh clean scent! it also lasts all day long. Another plus is that even my boyfriend commented how great it smelled the first time I wore it.

on 12/11/2009 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have recently decided that I want a signature scent. I am a not perfume aficionado, in fact, I dislike many perfumes as I am extremely sensitive and they tend to give me headaches and nausea. So after perusing MUA, I decided that I wanted to try Chanel Mademoiselle. At the Chanel counter the SA introduced me to Chance Eau Fraiche and I was immediately drawn to it.
Throughout the day, I thoroughly enjoyed all the changes that the scent went through. In fact there was a point that I couldn't stop smelling my wrist!
I got a sample because I want to make sure that I love it before purchasing and I am excited to try it out tomorrow morning:) So far, I'm loving it. I've never felt excited about a perfume before:)

on 12/10/2009 5:48:00 PM

I've only been able to smell this in the store, but it smells SOOO amazing.

However...the price makes me sad. I'll never be able to buy this. =(

Popular Fragrances