December 20, 2014 | 1660 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Chance Eau Fraiche

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by jess54

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First off, I got this as a gift. I wouldnt usually spend that much on perfume for myself...but I may buy more when I run out if this bottle lasts a long time. I LOVE this scent. When I first put it on it kind of reminds me of men's cologne (which I love). The dry down smells beautiful too. It gets floral-y but not too sour-smelling like some florals. Eau Fraiche does not give me a headache like a lot of perfumes do and I don't get fed up with the smell like I usually do with other scents. It also lasts really long on me. I can still smell traces of it by the end of the night when I put it on in the morning. I love the bottle - it's so chic! As a sidenote, I really don't like the original Chanel Chance...too old lady for me. Something about doesn't really strike me as "special". But the Chance Eau Fraiche is definitely a unique, fresh scent that doesn't smell like something you could just buy in the drugstore. So overall...LOVE the perfume...don't love the price but if it lasts long I think it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by SixPomegranateSeeds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

After lemming this for a year, my yearning was finally fulfilled last week. I received this as a gift from my BF, which is wonderful because I probably would never have bought it for myself. When the fragrance is first spritzed, it has an almost masculine feeling to it, because there is such an absence of sweetness. It reminds me of old-fashioned European eau de Cologne. Initially, it is very, very green, and manages to be both fresh and spicy. To me, the most noticeable inital note is vetiver.
However, after it settles on my skin for a few minutes, the scent softens considerably. At this point, it is definitely feminine. I get a sense of musk and perhaps jasmine.
My favorite thing about this fragrance is the juxtaposition of cool freshness with warm softness. I find this combination to be very unique and alluring. I also love the color of the liquid in the bottle: a refreshing-looking cool transparent green. The fragrance lasts a considerable while on my skin, but not so much that I tire of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by milly1984

I love this fragranc e- i realise that it is in the pricey end of the market, but it is a signature smell and manages to be opulent and fresh, without the kicker that sometimes comes with chanel of being too heavy or mature for younger women.
I love it - it is my second favourite perfume and one i would recommend to all who like their perfume fresh and light but with staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 2:31:00 PM More reviews by joey444

This is my first Chanel perfume and I must say that I am loving it. It's definitely expensive but the smells lasts all day long for me so I guess it's worth it. My DH described the scent as mature and sexy...Two thumbs up!

Edit: While I'm still loving the perfume, something about the scent of men's cologne that is lingering for a little too long is starting to annoy me a little....will NOT be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by contagiouscharm

I've tried a good amount of fragrances and next to Versace bright crystals this is by far my favorite. I love the fresh clean scent! it also lasts all day long. Another plus is that even my boyfriend commented how great it smelled the first time I wore it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2009 7:11:00 PM More reviews by tdotali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have recently decided that I want a signature scent. I am a not perfume aficionado, in fact, I dislike many perfumes as I am extremely sensitive and they tend to give me headaches and nausea. So after perusing MUA, I decided that I wanted to try Chanel Mademoiselle. At the Chanel counter the SA introduced me to Chance Eau Fraiche and I was immediately drawn to it.
Throughout the day, I thoroughly enjoyed all the changes that the scent went through. In fact there was a point that I couldn't stop smelling my wrist!
I got a sample because I want to make sure that I love it before purchasing and I am excited to try it out tomorrow morning:) So far, I'm loving it. I've never felt excited about a perfume before:)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by kaylakayla

I've only been able to smell this in the store, but it smells SOOO amazing.

However...the price makes me sad. I'll never be able to buy this. =(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 1:26:00 AM More reviews by tan0h0lic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have tried this on several occasions but never bought a bottle. It has a lovely green/citrus scent that is not like most Chanel's. I don't even think it really smells like the original chance. The color of the juice is eye catching and I like the overall look of the bottle. I am put off by the price... and how the staying power just is NOT there. If you like this scent I would recommend Miss Dior Cherie L'eau. It is also a "green" scent and lasts much longer than Chance Eau Fraiche. Cheaper too!

EDIT: Finally bought a bottle, and I must say the staying power is MUCH better than when I tested it out. Still fresh in a citrus kind of way, but the dry down is ACTUALLY very similar to the original Chance. I prefer this variety the most of the three that are available. Rating this again, I give it 4.5.... I will have this in my collection for a while. Well executed, makes me feel good, and I get many compliments on this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 4:06:00 AM More reviews by aznbebebabe

Im not typically a perfume gal but Ive been getting more into it as I get older. My fav is Dior Addict 2 but this is a close 2nd. Usually I think Chanel smells too old, like my grandma. However this smells fresh. It still has a signature Chanel sophistication but with a younger twist. It lasts a long time on me and the men seem to love it. Expensive but it is Chanel.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Noboho

This is the greenest smelling perfume I've ever smelled! I like it, just not for me. My sister wears this and it smells divine on her. It's sophisticated and fresh. It's stong, so a little bit goes a long way. I find that the scent lingers for ages, which is excellent. I am more of a gourmand loving, Vanilla kind of girl, so the greenness of Eau Fraiche is just too sharp an opposition from what I normally wear. But I can still appreciate it because it does smell so lovely. It reminds me of Carnal Flower by Frederic Malle, only minace the faintly sweet coconut note. This one is ALL green.