April 16, 2014 | 1916 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - New Flat Top Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by KLC101790

Update: So I finally learned how to manipulate this brush and go to it for the most coverage and quickest application (it's my HG I'm in a hurry and need to look like I have flawless skin FAST because I am going to miss my train and be LATE again as always brush) The trick is to wash the brush a couple times over a period of time and coat it with extra virgin olive oil and rinse to retain the softness of the bristles, but loosen up the density of the brush.. Now that my brush isn't as dense, I find it super easy to manipulate.. I like to spray the brush with a mixing medium 3 parts water 1 part glycerin (Guru EnKore on youtube's formula) and then with my damp brush take my minerals and stipple my face and then apply dry next in smooth layers..

I am no longer worried about clogging my pores since I have an efficient skin cleansing and treating regimen and wash my brushes everyday to get rid of bacteria and sebum. I wash my brushes with a mixture of face cleanser and extra virgin olive oil (does not clog pores even though it's oil it's a saviour for skin trust me I had extreme acne) and rinse well, dry on the side...

<3 get this brush for quick and flawless application everytime!

=================

Okay, so my aunt is a regional manager for trish mcevoy and gave me a trish powder brush for christmas and after using that for quite some time, and then ordering the flat top brush -- I still love my trish powder brush best! -- but lets be honest, I'm 19 and just starting out in life, can't really afford a $78 powder brush, so the flat top works -- I am just having a hard time manipulating it for some reason.. but I am sure that I will eventually get the hang out if with practice.. for $10 this brush picks up even product and gives great coverage and is good for buffing (does Buffing clog pores though? I am scared of using it because I keep thinking I am clogging my pores lol) anyway I also bought the kabuki brush WHICH I LOVE more than the flat top because its light and applies finishing powder like a dream come true. I would buy this as a beginner brush meaning that it will be great for someone who hasn't used a high end brush like Trish who has nothing to compare it to.. I want to love this flat top brush and I am sure when I learn how to manipulate it without feeling awkward or scared that I am going to clog my pores I will be fine..

bottom line: get this if you can't afford a high end brush.. because the quality is great but I wouldn't get this if you have top notch brushes because you will notice a difference.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

I wanted to love this but I can't. When applying powder or mineral makeup, this brush doesn't allow me to apply evenly and it just ends up looking patchy. I haven't had any shedding or anything but the results it gives me with my MU are not impressive at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by mniktn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This was one of my favorite brushes from EDM when I first started using mineral makeup. This brush is a good value for the price, but it tends to distribute makeup unevenly upon application. There are better brushes out there, but I would recommend this brush to those out there who are new to mineral makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by rrag20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my 6th Kabuki Brush, I had my MAC, Essence of Beauty, BE, and more expensive one, I am so surprised coz this is my cheapest Kabuki brush ever but I would say this is the BEST!!! 1st I didn't have a 2nd thought purchasing this brush since it's sooo cheap, I'm glad that I bought it, It is super soft I can't help petting it every time it's like a bunny fur, it distributes makeup so well, and it doesn't shred the only problem I kinda had is it took a while to get it dry when I'm washing it, but I deal with it, since it's cheap I purchased 6 of it and now I'm not having a problem of washing them and waiting for it to get try, I highly recommend this product, give it a shot since it's only $10 you won't regret it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by laurencane

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this brush to apply my mineral makeup. I've used it with EM, BE and LM mineral foundations and have been very happy with the results. This brush provides a full coverage so it's important to use less product than you would need with most brushes. I love that this brush is very soft and not scratchy. I was previously using BE brushes and found them all uncomfortable. This was quite a change for the better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by DitaVee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This, along with my MAC 180 is the HG of brushes for me - it makes even my cheapest and nastiest foundation or powder look fantastic, giving me an airbrushed look. It's incredibly soft but this is deceptive as it does its job as a buffer perfectly.

Unlike other brushes where I spend more time picking shed hairs off my face than applying my makeup, this has never dropped a single hair, and it's so easy to dry after cleaning, never losing its shape. I've already ordered another 2 (one for my mum and one 'just in case').

I use this brush to apply powder based products only (I prefer my 180 for liquid or cream products as it's a bit stiffer) but as I mostly use powders this is just perfect for me. It's also great for applying blush and contours, and is small enough to fit in my emergency repair kit!

NOTE: for anyone in NZ (and probably other countries) - I buy my brushes directly from the everyday minerals website as it works out so much cheaper even with postage (only $3 to NZ)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by mlockey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This brush is AMAZING for liquid foundation. I find that my Mac 187 isn't strong enough to buff in some of the thicker foundations eg. Estee Lauder DW, however this brush does a flawless job. Wow! Try it out!
Only downside is that the handle is so sort, it sits so low in my brush holder.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by kellywilson0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I think I'm one of the few people that this brush just doesn't do much for. It is super soft, but honestly, I prefer my EcoTools and ELF Studio brushes to this one.

I tried using this brush to apply my mineral makeup, and I just can't make it work - it seems to pick up/apply way too much powder, giving me that awful cakey look; it also seems to apply the powder unevenly...it's like the bristles are too close together or too stiff or something, so I can't really work the product into the brush when I swirl it in the minerals in the lid of my container...so it all sits on the top of the brush and doesn't spread evenly when I buff it on to my face. Plus, the fact that the brush is white/light-colored on the ends makes it difficult for me to see how much product is actually on the brush...that's just a nit-picky personal preference of mine though haha.

For my mineral foundation, I used to use the Bare Minerals Handy Buki brush (loved the coverage from that one, until I realized their brushes were natural hair...which for me = irritated skin), and I've also tried the ELF Studio flat top brush, as well as the new EcoTools Bronzer brush...and the ED Minerals is my least favorite out of the bunch. I love the ELF Studio Powder brush for applying my liquid foundation (never thought I'd go back to liquid until I applied it with this brush), but honestly the best brush I've found for applying my powder foundation is the new EcoTools Bronzer brush...it works amazingly well for me! The curved shape of that brush makes it easier to work the powder into the brush; and creates a flawless finish on my skin after buffing.

All in all, if you're on the fence about this one, I'd say at least give it a try - it's pretty inexpensive, and it seems to work beautifully for a great number of people...unfortunately I'm not one of those people, so mine is sitting unused in my makeup drawer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by xogingerox

Awesome brush!!!
Used to use ELF kabuki face brush for foundation, but this one made such a big difference in regards to buffering in mineral powder. Very pleased with this cute brush. and oh so soft :)

EDIT:
one other thing that i LOVE about this brush (and any other brush that has this similar feature) is the fact that i can tell when its clean since the end bristles are white. im slightly paranoid, so when i clean brushes that are only black or w/e im still worried there might b lotsa residue lleftover and then spend more time than usual cleaning and washing them. but yea, i like the fact that this brush helps me determine if its clean . yay!

ps. GET THIS BRUSH!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by BreakfastnDinner

Where oh where would I be without you, you perfect little thing?
You make my liquid foundation glide over my face with such ease!
You were only 10 dollars, so cheap! But so precious.
You are my shortest in the jar, but the longest in my heart.
I love you so, my flat top brush...
Your friends, mineral makeup are my foe.
But you are the bright shining beacon that is my heart.
I will never leave you. I promise.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No