April 16, 2014 | 2017 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Jdazzler15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really do love this product. Best powder I have every used. It covers well. Looks good on its own or used as a setting powder. I have been using a tinted moisturizer and then this on top buffed it & it just looks so great! I have tried so many other powers from the drugstore and nothing compares. I plan on buying this again and again. My go to product! I would recommend to anyone. If you are on the fence, just go for it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by bbluvsmac

so this product works great for me. the day i got it the MA showed me this and light medium which i wish i would have picked that one insted because this is pretty light lol. but the price to product amount just isnt worth it for me. so all in all i would buy it agian but will i no because of the price :/

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by mistiff1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HATE HATE HATE this product! I have never had any powder (even super cheap ones) flake so bad. If I had bought it on ebay I would've yelled fake but I purchased it from Macy's. My skin rarely breaks out but after one use my face broke out like a hormonal teenager and took days to recover. The powder also would not blend into my skin but rather looked like I had thrown flour all over my face, and no matter how much I used, blended or what brush I used the powder just showed up too much and didn't look at all natural.

I know of so many people who love this stuff but I've had most drugstore cheapie brands work better than this. Hope everyone else has a better reaction than I did.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 4:44:00 AM More reviews by LadyDarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My skin has been looking great so this is what I use as my 'foundation' 75%-80& of the time.

I put a bit of Strobe Cream first and then MAC Pro Longwear Concealer on my scars and under my eyes. And then I apply the Mineralize Skinfisnish Natural with the MAC 182 brush.

I love that it gives my skin that silky satin finish. The only issue I have is that it doesn't have a mirror.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 6:40:00 PM More reviews by dreanicoley

This is my HG powder. I have very acne prone skin that gets really oily and icky, but origins vita zing with this powder and skindenavia no more shine spray over gives me a (literally) all day beautiful face!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Lint007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This and a the select moisture cover concealer have completely replaced my liquid foundation.
I'm a NW 15 and the light matches perfectly. I have dry-very dry skin and haven't noticed any oiliness, only an overall glow when I typically have a quite dull skin tone. It has extremely sheer coverage, just enough to even you out when buffed in. It's a very smooth powder and I've never had anything reassembling cakiness, but it will emphasize pores- however not enough that I would stop using it. I just avoid over-powdering around the nose etc.

It works OK as a set powder-mostly to give a nice glow; really It does a much better job on its own.

Overall I love my MSF for an everyday healthy glow and will definitely repurchase and for long it's lasting me so far (dome slightly gone after use everyday for 2 months) it's definitely worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by aer0057

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to admit, I love how this product looks. Medium-Light seems too look the best. Light is too ghost-like. HOWEVER, this powder clogs pores like no other. It contains Bismuth Oxychloride which clogs pores and causes acne. Immediately after I stopped using this, my skin cleared up. Sad sad day because this product was actually pretty good. But now I remember it did make me unusually oily too. Oily and caused acne. Ewwww! No thanks! Try loose mineral makeup instead.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am so in love with this stuff. I had been a MAC virgin but on a whim I went into the MAC store to buy blot powder. When I asked the lady about blot powder she was kind and showed me all their different powders. When I swatched this on my hand it looked beautiful and being much cheaper than half the stuff I buy at Sephora I actually forgot about the blot powder and got this. It is beautiful as a setting powder over any foundation I choose to use -- even better, since thanks to Retin A my skin is clearer than it ever has been, I've started to wear this alone over sunscreen and it gives me a beautiful nautral look. Like my skin but better. I am intensely breakout prone and I have never broken out from this. If anything I feel like since I started wearing only this and sunscreen, my skin condition has improved (that might be just the lack of liquid foundation though). I now recommend this to anyone I know, and found out that my gorgeous coworker uses it as her only foundation too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Shade ref: MAC NC15, Estee Lauder Double Wear liquid foundation in Bone 17 1W1, MAC MSF Natural Light, Maybelline Dream Matte Light 4-5. I have used this for a month straight and am on the fence about it. I cannot apply it to my nose, but most everywhere else is fine. For some odd reason, if applied on my nose, pores appear from nowhere! Another odd thing is, if I sweat a little, it turns almost white in those areas. Something actually quite horrifying, especially since I am not the type to constantly check my mu or touch up. (I can just use my Ecotools kabukki brush, to brush it away back to normal...till I sweat again.) I always use moisturizer and a primer, but this does settle into some fine lines around my mouth anyway (but not nearly as horrid as MAC SF PPF). So, now I use my Maybelline Dream Matte Powder lightly on my T-Zone (except for my nose) when needed. I have yet to apply this wet as some reviews have...will be sure to update then.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

I always wanted to try this, and finally last fall I picked one up. I like to use it over foundation, just a light dusting, but I find when I do it tends to make me oily quicker. On its own it doesn't do this. I also like to use it on its own as a light coverage powder foundation, since I really don't need much/thick cover. It's baked, and domed so there's no mirror in the compact, but that's fine with me - more product! Even though you really could apply this without a mirror, since it's pretty fool-proof. This is great for hot and humid days, since it really feels like nothing is on. Expensive, but it lasts forever.