April 19, 2014 | 1040 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Define A Lash

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by annalise92

I use both the lengthening (green tube) and volumising (pink tube) of this mascara and must say I was very impressed with both! I am south-east asian and therefore my eyelashes are quite short and sparse, so naturally I've always been on the look-out for good lengthening & volumising mascaras. Since this Maybelline mascara only has either lengthening or volumising, what I have been doing is applying the lengthening mascara first before applying the volumising mascara to add volume.

Used individually, both mascaras definitely do what they say they do. The lengthening mascara separates lashes extremely well and definitely lengthens, however, doesn't add much volume so if you're blessed enough with naturally thick lashes then this will give them that boost of volume that you crave. The volumising mascara separates lashes well too and definitely plumps them up, but doesn't add very much length. Hence, going back to my earlier statement of using both at the same time I felt this allowed me to define, lengthen & volumise my lashes. The reason I was able to do this was because this mascara doesn't dry rapidly like most others, which allows you to carefully coat, re-coat & define without it clumping, which was definitely a plus for me.

I would have given this product a full 5 marks if not for the fact that the non-waterproof version of these mascaras does tend to smudge a little on your lower lashline after several hours, regardless of whether you have mascara on your lower lashes or not. So if you're looking at long wear, I would suggest the waterproof versions of these. :)

Other than that, this mascara is definitely one of my drugstore favourites that I will continue to repurchase. :D

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't mind the wand, or othe formula as far as lengthening and defining. However it flakes like mad on me, and ends up in big chunks under my eyes - I can't believe I waited this long to throw it out! I'm going with Volumious Million Lashes Waterproof to see how that works.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by cking2013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I HATE THIS STUFF!!!! I'd heard good things so I decided to buy it for about 5 bucks at target, so it was pretty cheap, now I know why. it's awful first of all the brush is so awkward it's really floppy and big so you CAN NOT get those itty bitty lashes without clumping them and getting mascara on your eye. I mean if you look back at my other reviews I'm not usually that picky about brushes so it takes a really bad one to get my attention. Now the actual formula is really heavy so it refuses to hold a curl my lashes actually angle down after this crap. Good not is it dosnt give raccoon eyes or flake. However the results are nothing amazing and it clumps like crazy. It's so bad I'm actually going to throw it away, usually I just suffer through a bad product cause I don't like to waste money, but this was so bad I threw it away. Worst Maybelline mascara I've tried, even worse than falsies flared.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by gpgroupie1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have short lashes, I only use mascara to help define my eyes a bit. The results are never very striking, so it doesn't really matter to me which mascara I use. That said, this is absolutely the worst mascara I've ever used!

I'm going to be one more person who says this, the wand sucks! It's the worst design I've ever seen, ever! It's so flimsy, I wonder how anyone can use it well. Wand aside, the mascara clumps! Not only does it clump on your lashes, it clumps on the sucky wand!

I've never ever felt strongly about mascaras, but I do now! Not going to re-purchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2011 12:55:00 AM More reviews by ohlookawall

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I only bought this mascara for the novelty of the color and the wand.
I remember around the time this came out, this mascara wand was the most unique. It was a spiky, curvy, flexible type of wand that I had never seen before.
When I tried it out, I was very disappointed. The force of the application was not enough to bend the wand (which was supposed to bend to shape to the lash line) so there was really no use for that feature. The mascara did lengthen my lashes, but it did not look good because it did not separate the lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by CatherineMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This used to be my favourite mascara since it came out a few years ago. I just loved the way it made my eyelashes look without any effort. Recently however, it wasn't applying like it used to. Perhaps the formula was changed? I don't really know. I bought a few tubes with absolutely no change in consistency so I haven't bothered repurchasing since. It's unfortunate really, this mascara used to be amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by alohahawaii

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all...I have asian lashes which basically means I have nothing to work with. I also have trouble with many mascaras leaving me with slight racoon eyes after a long day. I am one of those that wears make up but look so natural people are shocked that I wear any at all! So this mascarra defines my lashes without making me look ridiculous. I like that it defines every lash and the curl stays until I take my make up remover to remove it. I do use the waterproof version. I am not partial to regular mascara because of the smudging factor and when I am at work I do not have the luxury of touching up anything. I hope they never stop making this. I also hope they don't replace this with the new One by One because that smudges on me after a long day as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by mystryder

I keep returning to this mascara b/c it just *works* for my short, stubby asian lashes. For a slightly more natural finish, i separate it a little with the FullnSoft. Voluminous, Clinique, Almay, GrowLuscious, Falsies and who know how many other mascaras i've tried just don't make my lashes look as good as this one =)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Anna12345

Love, love, love this mascara.

I've tried many mascaras over the years and find this a very good, lash-lengthening product.

You can also build it up and apply several layers unlike some mascaras that dry too quickly on the lashes.

Its cheap, it lengthens lashes beautifully, and its darkness/intensity (i like it reallly black) lasts all day.

The only down side is, the product does dry out in the bottle quickly and I have to purchase replacements quite often. However, most mascaras do tend to dry out in this fashion.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2011 4:10:00 AM More reviews by amandamooo

Well this is the first mascara i have ever bought, i have many short straight eyelashes which literally are so straight that they slope downwards. i got this mascara in normal- hydrofuge (ie not waterproof) and i curled my eyelashes and applied about one to two coats of this mascara and it made my eyelashes droop down even more! i was really disappointed, but this packaging is superduper cute with the metallic green. on the plus side this gives good length and has zero clumps! the wand is really nice to use but as this cannot hold a curl i wont be repurchasing. also it kind of makes your lashes stick together in bunches and doesnt sparate very nicely! a friend recommended it to me because of the no clumping factor but her lashes are naturally long and curly so thats the type of lashes this mascara is probably aimed for.