Make Up For Ever Duo Mat Powder foundation Powder

3.9

Talc, Dimethicone, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aqua (Water), Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Ether, Phenoxyethanol, Cassia Angustifolia Extract (Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide), Parfum (Fragrance), Gellan Gum, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Ethylparaben. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 12/20/2011 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I can't believe how many foundations with SPF there are out there. I have sensitivity to most sunscreens and I can only use one on my face. So I like having foundation that's free of any SPF. For liquid I use Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk Foundation, which is perfection. But I like having a powder one for lazy days or when I'm in a rush. I found this over a year ago and liked the color range and simplicity. No botanical or random "beneficial" ingredients to mess with my sensitive skin. Just a nice old school powder foundation.

I use 200 (Beige Opalescent) and the color match is pretty good. It tends to look a little too flat though and really erases every bit of healthy tone from my face. I apply it with a brush, so it's not on thick enough to mask my face as much as it does. While it doesn't look heavy or caked on, it is so matte that it does appear obvious. For such a faint, light layer as I put on it should look very natural. Yet it looks slightly dull and powdery. It enhances any dryness I may have at any given time. It does claim to be matte (it's right there in the name), so I'm getting what's advertised in some respect.

It does provide a little evenness and some polish, which is all I need in a foundation. It doesn't cause any irritation and I've never broken out or had any other problems with it. No fragrance that I can detect either. The packaging is very basic, which is fine by me. I throw out the sponge that's included so I can't comment on that. Price is great for how much is included. I replace my foundations every year whether they're finished or not (for sanitary reasons), and I've never even been close to hitting pan on this one.

I wish MUFE offered a version with a more natural finish but in the meantime I'll keep repurchasing until I find something better.

on 12/18/2011 4:22:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this powder, I use it to set my CG Aquasmooth foundation. It's full coverage for me. I easily found my color match, it's pretty close to the color in the package. Makes my skin look soft and smooth, very long-lasting. Keeps oils at bay. I have dry, acne-prone skin and it does not seem to aggravate my skin at all. It's a bit on the pricey side, since I'm more of a drugstore makeup kind of girl, but I think it's worth it since this is my HG pressed powder. It usually lasts me about 6 months or more. A little goes a long way with this powder, you don't need much at all. I have no problem with the packaging, it's compact and I use the mirror all the time. I like how the sponge has its own little compartment underneath with holes for it to breathe. I have been consistently buying this product for about 3 years now and I will continue to buy it.

on 12/6/2011 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it, as long as I use it I don't have any prblm with this product

on 11/28/2011 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Okay so I was in LOVE with this product, but if you have acne-prone/oily skin like me I suggest you stay away from this. When I first bought it I used it for 2 weeks like a dream, then came the nightmare. The 3rd week I broke out with little whiteheads! My first thoughts were that it was a coincidence and I'll just cover it up with more powder. Little did I know three days later my face was covered with cysts and white heads. Horrible, my face is still recovering. It's a awesome foundation, doesn't oxidize but I guess I wasn't lucky enough to have skin that wouldn't react so badly with this formula. :(

on 11/22/2011 8:51:00 PM

When I realized that my MAC mineralize powder foundation was what was causing me to break out, I set out to find the perfect powder foundation for regular use, which had medium coverage making me look natural yet covering some of my acne scars, basically giving it a very natural no-make up kinda look. The associate at Sephora matched me up to the perfect shade.
I am not sure how long I have been using it, but I just hit pan. So I decieded to try something new and tried the Laura Mercier and in about 2 uses, went right back to this MUFE foundation. Love it!
Worth the money, lasts about 6-7 hours, provided medium coverage, dosent break me out. I fully recommend it!!

on 11/19/2011 6:17:00 AM

Best powder ever! Mac studio fix doesnt hold a candle to this baby!
Its so smooth and it looks perfect on the skin, like you were born with perfect, nearly poreless face (not totally poreless because thats weird). It seems to blur imperfections while covering them, and it doesnt look powdery like the mac one does!
The lady at sephora got me matched all wrong, 2 or 3 shades darker but I love it so much I just apply it lightly and make it work. If I am particularly pale I'll use it as bronzer and warm up my face.
However its really expensive for the amount you get, I feel like I've touched pan right when I got it. I keep dreaming of the day I'll buy this in the right shade.

on 11/12/2011 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Great oil control powder. Silky texture but glides on. price isnt to bad compared to other department brands. Lasts long and has a good color range. Love product and people should go try it.

on 11/3/2011 8:24:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

it has a nice texture and gives medium to full coverage. and i like the finish it gives. but i dont like my powder particularly because its too light for me, the lady matched me wrong, im like a nc30/35 and she gave me #200, which is beige opalescent.

on 11/1/2011 1:05:00 PM

Bought this based on the love/ hate comments here. Wanted to explore other brands after using MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation.

Personal opinion/ experience: Coverage- Medium, does not oxides, using shade 203 which is actually 1 shade darker as i wanted to match it with the skin color of my arms. Staying power- ard 8 hours, start to get oily on the T-zone after that. Don't know if anyone is experiencing the same thing, but i feel a little cakey when i apply it, after it settles for a while it will be okay.

Wouldn't purchase it again as
1) it wasn't as amazing as i thought
2) i would also like to continue exploring other brands.
3) A little pricey, not worth the price for i feel

Might go back to MAC though, maybe i prefer a lighter coverage to have that more natural look. But i think it will oxides :(

Oh and one last thing, not a big fan of the sponge though, would advise replacing it with other sponge as it grab lesser product and have a smoother application.

Hope this review helps! ^.^
Secret to better complexion: drink more water, slp well and remove makeup properly!

on 9/29/2011 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I bought this based on reviews here and recommendations from Sephora staff. I have a love/hate relationship with it. Using this over a primer, it goes on easily and I don't have to use a lot. it covers well and really looks like my skin but better. I have it in 202 which is a bang-on match for my oily and acne prone skin. It has not oxidized at all. I've been using it just over a month and I've not had one break out nor have I hit the bottom of the pan. I thought maybe I'd found my "it" powder. However, after about 30 minutes of applying this powder, my face starts to shine and I don't mean the shine that gives you a dewy look. I mean the gross shine that plagues all oily-skinned gals. I won't be repurchasing.