October 30, 2014 | 1464 users online

Powder - Make Up For Ever - Duo Mat Powder foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by arianazomg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay so I was in LOVE with this product, but if you have acne-prone/oily skin like me I suggest you stay away from this. When I first bought it I used it for 2 weeks like a dream, then came the nightmare. The 3rd week I broke out with little whiteheads! My first thoughts were that it was a coincidence and I'll just cover it up with more powder. Little did I know three days later my face was covered with cysts and white heads. Horrible, my face is still recovering. It's a awesome foundation, doesn't oxidize but I guess I wasn't lucky enough to have skin that wouldn't react so badly with this formula. :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by greengoblin

When I realized that my MAC mineralize powder foundation was what was causing me to break out, I set out to find the perfect powder foundation for regular use, which had medium coverage making me look natural yet covering some of my acne scars, basically giving it a very natural no-make up kinda look. The associate at Sephora matched me up to the perfect shade.
I am not sure how long I have been using it, but I just hit pan. So I decieded to try something new and tried the Laura Mercier and in about 2 uses, went right back to this MUFE foundation. Love it!
Worth the money, lasts about 6-7 hours, provided medium coverage, dosent break me out. I fully recommend it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2011 6:17:00 AM More reviews by TwiPixie

Best powder ever! Mac studio fix doesnt hold a candle to this baby!
Its so smooth and it looks perfect on the skin, like you were born with perfect, nearly poreless face (not totally poreless because thats weird). It seems to blur imperfections while covering them, and it doesnt look powdery like the mac one does!
The lady at sephora got me matched all wrong, 2 or 3 shades darker but I love it so much I just apply it lightly and make it work. If I am particularly pale I'll use it as bronzer and warm up my face.
However its really expensive for the amount you get, I feel like I've touched pan right when I got it. I keep dreaming of the day I'll buy this in the right shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by WishDreamer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great oil control powder. Silky texture but glides on. price isnt to bad compared to other department brands. Lasts long and has a good color range. Love product and people should go try it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by wai260896

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

it has a nice texture and gives medium to full coverage. and i like the finish it gives. but i dont like my powder particularly because its too light for me, the lady matched me wrong, im like a nc30/35 and she gave me #200, which is beige opalescent.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by cherlinong

Bought this based on the love/ hate comments here. Wanted to explore other brands after using MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation.

Personal opinion/ experience: Coverage- Medium, does not oxides, using shade 203 which is actually 1 shade darker as i wanted to match it with the skin color of my arms. Staying power- ard 8 hours, start to get oily on the T-zone after that. Don't know if anyone is experiencing the same thing, but i feel a little cakey when i apply it, after it settles for a while it will be okay.

Wouldn't purchase it again as
1) it wasn't as amazing as i thought
2) i would also like to continue exploring other brands.
3) A little pricey, not worth the price for i feel

Might go back to MAC though, maybe i prefer a lighter coverage to have that more natural look. But i think it will oxides :(

Oh and one last thing, not a big fan of the sponge though, would advise replacing it with other sponge as it grab lesser product and have a smoother application.

Hope this review helps! ^.^
Secret to better complexion: drink more water, slp well and remove makeup properly!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

I bought this based on reviews here and recommendations from Sephora staff. I have a love/hate relationship with it. Using this over a primer, it goes on easily and I don't have to use a lot. it covers well and really looks like my skin but better. I have it in 202 which is a bang-on match for my oily and acne prone skin. It has not oxidized at all. I've been using it just over a month and I've not had one break out nor have I hit the bottom of the pan. I thought maybe I'd found my "it" powder. However, after about 30 minutes of applying this powder, my face starts to shine and I don't mean the shine that gives you a dewy look. I mean the gross shine that plagues all oily-skinned gals. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2011 7:39:00 AM More reviews by INOREDNET

I really like this product! The coverage is absolutely amazing. I love how it doesn't make my face look or feel cakey. It gives me a natural and silky feel. As for oil control, I would say it works well.. however, I use milk of magnesia as primer, so I don't know how well the powder works on it's own.

The reason I am only giving it 3 stars is because I had mini break outs here and there with continuous use. I only use the product for occasional nights out, but definitely not for everyday wear.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by caomei2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

broke me out :( such a disappointment because i really wanted this to work for me! but the staying power is so great and controls oil so well also.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by baybiepnay

I love this powder!

I have ACNE prone skin so I have acne and blemishes all over my face that needs some covering and this is perfect on top of my foundation! I use the kett hydro cream foundation and this powder to set it and add a bit more coverage and it looks great! I don't like my makeup looking cakey or very heavy and this makes me look flawless. Not heavy or too powdery at all!

I am a NC 30-35 ish right now and the color 203 looks perfect! It goes great with my skin tone as I am more warm toned and yellowish.

Texture: Very soft and finely milled! I like! Goes on smooth and matte!

Coverage: Medium to full! Very buildable! I'm sure if you swipe very lightly and use a light hand all over your face, you could get nice sheer coverage too!

Price: I got this at IMATs so it was discounted, but on the sephora website it says, $32.

Skin type: I have combo skin, leaning more on the dry side bc of my dermo acne products, so usually for makeup I have some dry patches that bug me and I hate it! But once I dust this powder on it, I feel like it takes away the flakey-ness or makes it less noticeable =] I also find that it helps with my fine lines and uneven skin texture! =] It makes my acne skin practically look smoother and better!

Overall, I love this powder and it is my HG! I really am obsessed! I hope you try it out! Find a store or ask a friend! =] You won't regret it! ( Atleast, I hope you won't) =]

Hope this helps!!!