July 25, 2014 | 1978 users online

Powder - Make Up For Ever - Duo Mat Powder foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by WishDreamer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great oil control powder. Silky texture but glides on. price isnt to bad compared to other department brands. Lasts long and has a good color range. Love product and people should go try it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by wai260896

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

it has a nice texture and gives medium to full coverage. and i like the finish it gives. but i dont like my powder particularly because its too light for me, the lady matched me wrong, im like a nc30/35 and she gave me #200, which is beige opalescent.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by cherlinong

Bought this based on the love/ hate comments here. Wanted to explore other brands after using MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation.

Personal opinion/ experience: Coverage- Medium, does not oxides, using shade 203 which is actually 1 shade darker as i wanted to match it with the skin color of my arms. Staying power- ard 8 hours, start to get oily on the T-zone after that. Don't know if anyone is experiencing the same thing, but i feel a little cakey when i apply it, after it settles for a while it will be okay.

Wouldn't purchase it again as
1) it wasn't as amazing as i thought
2) i would also like to continue exploring other brands.
3) A little pricey, not worth the price for i feel

Might go back to MAC though, maybe i prefer a lighter coverage to have that more natural look. But i think it will oxides :(

Oh and one last thing, not a big fan of the sponge though, would advise replacing it with other sponge as it grab lesser product and have a smoother application.

Hope this review helps! ^.^
Secret to better complexion: drink more water, slp well and remove makeup properly!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

I bought this based on reviews here and recommendations from Sephora staff. I have a love/hate relationship with it. Using this over a primer, it goes on easily and I don't have to use a lot. it covers well and really looks like my skin but better. I have it in 202 which is a bang-on match for my oily and acne prone skin. It has not oxidized at all. I've been using it just over a month and I've not had one break out nor have I hit the bottom of the pan. I thought maybe I'd found my "it" powder. However, after about 30 minutes of applying this powder, my face starts to shine and I don't mean the shine that gives you a dewy look. I mean the gross shine that plagues all oily-skinned gals. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2011 7:39:00 AM More reviews by INOREDNET

I really like this product! The coverage is absolutely amazing. I love how it doesn't make my face look or feel cakey. It gives me a natural and silky feel. As for oil control, I would say it works well.. however, I use milk of magnesia as primer, so I don't know how well the powder works on it's own.

The reason I am only giving it 3 stars is because I had mini break outs here and there with continuous use. I only use the product for occasional nights out, but definitely not for everyday wear.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by caomei2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

broke me out :( such a disappointment because i really wanted this to work for me! but the staying power is so great and controls oil so well also.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by baybiepnay

I love this powder!

I have ACNE prone skin so I have acne and blemishes all over my face that needs some covering and this is perfect on top of my foundation! I use the kett hydro cream foundation and this powder to set it and add a bit more coverage and it looks great! I don't like my makeup looking cakey or very heavy and this makes me look flawless. Not heavy or too powdery at all!

I am a NC 30-35 ish right now and the color 203 looks perfect! It goes great with my skin tone as I am more warm toned and yellowish.

Texture: Very soft and finely milled! I like! Goes on smooth and matte!

Coverage: Medium to full! Very buildable! I'm sure if you swipe very lightly and use a light hand all over your face, you could get nice sheer coverage too!

Price: I got this at IMATs so it was discounted, but on the sephora website it says, $32.

Skin type: I have combo skin, leaning more on the dry side bc of my dermo acne products, so usually for makeup I have some dry patches that bug me and I hate it! But once I dust this powder on it, I feel like it takes away the flakey-ness or makes it less noticeable =] I also find that it helps with my fine lines and uneven skin texture! =] It makes my acne skin practically look smoother and better!

Overall, I love this powder and it is my HG! I really am obsessed! I hope you try it out! Find a store or ask a friend! =] You won't regret it! ( Atleast, I hope you won't) =]

Hope this helps!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2011 2:22:00 AM More reviews by lieske

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oxidized on me. Granted a lot if powders do on me but I had high hopes for this because mufe face and body is my favorite foundation. Doesn't control oil well either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 2:13:00 AM More reviews by BRANDI7013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got lazy (& a little frustrated) during our Texas summer heat. I have very oily, acne prone, sensitive skin so it is a distaster trying to find something that controls oils yet doesn't irritate my skin. I really like this powder and have gone through 2 compacts this summer. It is a very mattifying powder that has a TAD less coverage than MAC's studio fix powder (not by much though.) So, it has been my 'go to' foundation for long work days because I know it will last and not seperate on my face because of the oil. I could totally fry some french fries on my face during summer because it gets so oily--so anyone who expereinces this--give this powder foundation a try. The only downfall is that I go through powder foundation MUCH faster than liquid. I am a NC/NW15 and I use shade 200 because they don't carry 199 in Sephora as I am sure that might work for my complexion too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't wear liquid foundation but thought I needed something for powder blushes as base. Sephora SA recommended this. Before I got a summer tan, this looked orange after a couple of hours. Now it looks natural and it evens my skintone. I have issues with shiny nose and nothing (primer, powder, mattifier) has solved it. I used to apply with a Ecotools dense face brush. One day it was still wet so I used a fluffy less dense brush and it looks more natural on me. Might repurchase but would like to try other brands too.