July 31, 2014 | 1912 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Black Out Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by MyNameIsNorah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried so many mascaras and this one is the best so far. It does everything you wish a mascara would do. It adds length and volume without clumping. It actually separates the lashes in a beautiful way, but the down side is that it's very expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by eenpee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My FAVOURITE mascara of all time!! Gives your lashes the length and volume it needs without clumps!!..:) The downside to this mascara is that its a bit pricey but its worth it! I personally like the waterproof one because the normal one does smudges easily.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 5:20:00 AM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

In general, I like many of Dior's mascaras (Iconic, Diorshow WP, Extase), and Black Out was no exception. This mascara is probably nothing for the inexperiences user, who wants to be able to apply a layer haphazardly while running out the door, in the car, etc. I would rather say that it is a mascara which requires a bit of care and attention to get a really nice result. But when you actually take the time, it delivers very nice results. The brush is big, and can be clumsy, but once you've gotten used to it, it's not worse than other brushes. The formula is really black and wet, and in the beginning, I had to wipe the brush before application in order to avoid a clumpy mess. This mascara is probably not the best for adding p*rn star volume, but it adds really nice length, and that's what I'm after most of the time. The only negative thing is that it tends to smudge a bit as the day goes on, but nothing that can't be fixed.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by ohtin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara gave my lashes a really dramatic effect. This made it pretty long and black. The staying power is good and I didn't really notice clumping. However, I just feel like this is too expensive to pay for a mascara and its not worth it! But if money is not an option for you guys out there, then definitely pick this up!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by PurpleElephants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my new HG mascara (although it is followed very closely by L'Oreal Voluminous, which is a lot cheaper). It definitely delivers the dramatic effect that I've been looking for, and I'm really pleased with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 8:30:00 AM More reviews by TinyForever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My HG mascara...and I have tried them all! Pretty expensive but makes lashes look great!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by tempalina

I've been hearing so much hoorah about Dior mascaras so I decided to go out and try them. My first trial was with the Diorshow Black Out. I was not very happy with this product.

PROS:
- creates really darkened and black eyelashes when I get it to work
- nice packaging

CONS:
- not waterproof one because this thing ends up under my eyes even if I only apply this to my top lashes
- clumping. even when I use a mascara base, this mascara still disappoints me.

Too pricey for something that doesn't perform very well when there are drugstore items that are a lot cheaper which performs 1000x better. Save your money!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by missxlkt

the formula is too wet in my opinion . it gives me an okay amount of length but i could find better for way cheaper . i like how intense the black is though .

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by ithickening

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So this is my staple Mascara, I have tried all of the Dior mascaras and the Dior show Blackout is my favorite. It gives me thick, non-clumpy luxorious lashes. The deep black of the formula really makes your lashes pop. This is the best formula that they make. As a side tip the Dior Mascaras are really made to be layered so if you really want to make your lashes look great layer the Dior show Blackout over Dior Extase...this makes my real lashes look like falsies! Be careful cause the extase tends to clmp so apply sliowly and carefully....I know it is expensive for Mascara, but it is the best and i have tried most of the high-end and low-end mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by ashergill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a devout lancome hypnose drama fan but I wanted a mascara that gave the false lash effect the va va voom esque look lol and this rocked my world I'm blessed with my moms lashes so I wasn't looking for length or volume just the over the top lashes effect and this mascara fulfilled my wishes its a intense black mascara that you have to "roll" onto the lashes and apply the 2nd coat when still wet and that's it. Love it!