October 25, 2014 | 948 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Black Out Mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by snochic469

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this with the regular Diorshow in a combo pack at Sephora for $18. I thought the price point was pretty reasonable, and a good way to try both without spending a ton of money on something I hated. I actually liked this a lot! I do want to say that I like a pretty dramatic lash... I always buy the darkest black in any mascara, and I like both length and volume. You will definitely need a lash comb, and I had to recurl my lashes between coats, but it looked fab! The mascara is very wet, but it builds well. I love the brush too. It's very full and holds a lot of product. The formula is a bit heavy (hence, the recurling between coats) but once it dries, my lashes stay curled. Is this mascara something you can just slap on? No. But if you put in a little effort, it looks amazing. That said, it's a bit expensive for something that requires so much effort. I will probably repurchase when I run out, and only use it on special occasions. I definitely recommend trying this in the combo pack Sephora has before you commit to a full-size tube.

EDIT: This stuff is so amazing I can't help myself and MUST use it every day. So much for special occasions, LOL! =)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by tgbech

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

A great mascara. I bought the waterproof one, and I'm a bit surprised and disappointed that I get a little mascara residue under my eyebrows. It's not much, but enough to annoy me a bit. Otherwise this is a very good mascara. Adds length and volume without looking fake/unnatural. Just looks like I have very long and thick eyelashes. Easy to apply, goes on like a dream. It's also easy to remove if you have a good eye makeup remover (I use Estee Lauder or Lancome).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by MyNameIsNorah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried so many mascaras and this one is the best so far. It does everything you wish a mascara would do. It adds length and volume without clumping. It actually separates the lashes in a beautiful way, but the down side is that it's very expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by eenpee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My FAVOURITE mascara of all time!! Gives your lashes the length and volume it needs without clumps!!..:) The downside to this mascara is that its a bit pricey but its worth it! I personally like the waterproof one because the normal one does smudges easily.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 5:20:00 AM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

In general, I like many of Dior's mascaras (Iconic, Diorshow WP, Extase), and Black Out was no exception. This mascara is probably nothing for the inexperiences user, who wants to be able to apply a layer haphazardly while running out the door, in the car, etc. I would rather say that it is a mascara which requires a bit of care and attention to get a really nice result. But when you actually take the time, it delivers very nice results. The brush is big, and can be clumsy, but once you've gotten used to it, it's not worse than other brushes. The formula is really black and wet, and in the beginning, I had to wipe the brush before application in order to avoid a clumpy mess. This mascara is probably not the best for adding p*rn star volume, but it adds really nice length, and that's what I'm after most of the time. The only negative thing is that it tends to smudge a bit as the day goes on, but nothing that can't be fixed.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by ohtin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara gave my lashes a really dramatic effect. This made it pretty long and black. The staying power is good and I didn't really notice clumping. However, I just feel like this is too expensive to pay for a mascara and its not worth it! But if money is not an option for you guys out there, then definitely pick this up!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by PurpleElephants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my new HG mascara (although it is followed very closely by L'Oreal Voluminous, which is a lot cheaper). It definitely delivers the dramatic effect that I've been looking for, and I'm really pleased with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 8:30:00 AM More reviews by TinyForever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My HG mascara...and I have tried them all! Pretty expensive but makes lashes look great!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by tempalina

I've been hearing so much hoorah about Dior mascaras so I decided to go out and try them. My first trial was with the Diorshow Black Out. I was not very happy with this product.

PROS:
- creates really darkened and black eyelashes when I get it to work
- nice packaging

CONS:
- not waterproof one because this thing ends up under my eyes even if I only apply this to my top lashes
- clumping. even when I use a mascara base, this mascara still disappoints me.

Too pricey for something that doesn't perform very well when there are drugstore items that are a lot cheaper which performs 1000x better. Save your money!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by missxlkt

the formula is too wet in my opinion . it gives me an okay amount of length but i could find better for way cheaper . i like how intense the black is though .