April 17, 2014 | 1914 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by SarahOliver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this product to combat my acne which has reappeared with vengeance! I was a bit worried at first because it is so heavy I thought that everyone would notice that I caked it on over my problem areas, however you really only need the smallest amount! It works so well and i'm so pleased with it, I put it onto the back of my hand and then apply it with a Mac 217 brush to blend it in so that it leaves no harsh lines or obvious concealing. I also use the vichy dermablend stick foundation for those really stubborn spots for double coverage..literally only the tiniest bit! Its an amazing product if you have not tried anything else that helps, as its very full coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by amanda311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Wow! This stuff is a godsend. I needed a foundation that had the coverage and blendability of this to cut down my routine and I'm so happy I found one. I use the Nude color and it's almost an exact match to my skin, and covers all dark marks with just a dab. The tube can be messy but it's okay for me. It should last a while at the rate I'm using it. Price is right for the quality. I dab it over a layer of Clinique BB cream that I use as a primer of sorts and it does not transfer. I may touch up after 6 hours or so. All in all a very good product, but those with very dry skin be aware because the pigment is rich and the coverage may make dryness look cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by pinkpipermaru

I found out about this product reading glamourai blog, she says there that it gives photoshoplike skin, so i went to Boots and i bought this foundation in opal. WOW!!!
I am amazed and my roommate as well. You cant see that you wear a foundation, yet it produce velvetlike, perfect, flawless skin. I have dry skin, without acne or scars and i can says that it doesnt accentuate dryness, but brings me relief. I always put heavy cream underneath foundation, so i wont look cakey or patchy.
This is one of the best foundations i have ever used. I also like Lancome Photogenic Lumessence.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Jacqu1em

Although the lightest shade is too dark, I mix this with the lightest shade in Colorstay for the perfect coverage, texture, staying power & of course colour!

Great for covering up my acne scarring, does not break me out and has the desire "matte" look. Will definitely repurchase! I find myself not even using concealer after applying this. x

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by sanyav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Looks a little cakey on my face... I have dry skin and large pores (fair complexion). 15 Opal is a very good match for NW-15/20, it is yellow based and colour blends in easily.

HOWever, once it dries and settles, it looks kinda caked on...maybe it's too matte for me. And it also makes my pores look very obvious. Coverage is pretty good.

Still looking for that perfect FULL coverage, dewy foundation....

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by caitmeg10

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What more needs be said? This is a great foundation, very versatile in uses: mixed with moisturizer for a sheer look, used straight for max coverage, buildable to cover all blemishes.....BUT the color choices? OY!

Damn Vichy! Why you no make in more colors? FOR REAL! 4 colors? Lord! Everyone will have to buy 2 or more to mix to match their shade. BAH HUMBUG.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 3:19:00 AM More reviews by simi531

This is definitely a full coverage foundation and works amazing. I have found that I need to use a brush with it..no matter what. It will not go on well at all if you try to use your fingers. I mix a lighter shade with the current one i purchased b/c i did not feel like returning it and had a sample of a lighter shade at home.I swear when I start to put this on it is like the foundation is magically erasing all of my red post acne scars. It also does not break me out which is a miracle in itself. The only negative thing that i can possibly say is that it does transfer easily to clothes if you do not set it with powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Leannne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like this product, as I have mild rosacea and like a full coverage foundation, but this just didn't work with my skin. It felt nice at first, and covered blemishes really well, but after a while it started feeling a bit sticky and tacky. I guess a powder foundation just works better with my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by beautyadvices

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

DISCLAIMER: I'm Italian and I'm so sorry for my rusty English ;-)

In Italy this foundation is not so cheap: it costs more than 20 (and for that price I can buy Makeupforever, Kryolan or MAC)!

PROS:
*I love the all-in-one products: Dermablend is a nice concealer for my eyes and for my red nose ;-)
*I chose the right shade: NUDE is simply perfect for me!
*If you have a normal skin and you have to wear it just for few hours (maybe for a photoshooting or a video) is perfect!

CONS:
NO...I won't buy it again!!!
I'm not happy, really...I'm going to hate this product!

*I need no-transfer foundation...this Dermablend leaves so dirty:
horrible stains everywhere and oil on my glasses...no way!
*You have to fix it with a lot of powder...or spray!
*If you see your face at the mirror with the sunlight you can see that it doesn't cover a lot: it's not like a Kryolan Dermacolor for Camouflage!
*This foundation is not for sensitive skin at all (and not for everyday use):
When I bought it I tried it on the neck and has quickly become red!!!
But (silly me) I decided to try the same all over my face!
*The packaging is not handy...it leaks!

Now I have a terrible dermatitis...and maybe Dermablend is really guilty for that!
I can't put my makeup on my skin, I feel so bad...I'll use mineral makeup!!!
Don't waste your money!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

So I decided to give this a try even after its counter-part the DB cream stick did not match well for me. I originally bought the Opal which is a yellow toned light shade that would work perfect for undereyes or higher points of my face if I was using it to highlight with a darker foundation blended in overall. But I needed a one step all over foundation with full coverage. Thanks to MUA NC25 girls recs I picked up the Nude, which I originally put down after swatching a tester & seeing the strong pink undertones it had. But I bought it any way and I must say I'm glad I did!

It goes on looking like neutral undertones on my face that you can detect in your car rear view mirror under direct sunlight, not otherwise and the color shades matches almost perfectly. I love this foundation, its the only one I can use to just spot treat my face with & still look natural. You need sooo little that I literally place my pointer on the hole and gently squeeze the tube so I don't get a full drop; the tiny splash usually does half my face, then I repeat for the other half. It gives absolute full coverage, that I no longer reach for my concealer which I absolutely need otherwise for my acne. The staying power is kind of weak, probably 8 hrs & it transfers to my phone etc. So I set it with my Skindinavia & its perfect. For now this is HG until I find the right shade AND undertones.

PS. This retails for $27 at CVS, but I snatched it when they were giving $10 EB on all Vichy products. I've seen this deal repeat, so be on the lookout :)