July 26, 2014 | 1758 users online

Mascara - Dejavu (Imju) - Fiberwig Lash Knockout

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 12:56:00 AM More reviews by JK701

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My friend visited from Japan, and brought Fiberwig as a gift. I was unsure about how to use it, since it said to use it before using an eyelash curler. All of my previous mascara's got stuck on the curler if I dare use it after application and pulled out my lashes, one by one....OUCH!

I was so impressed with the curl, and the all-day hold, I purchased 4 more off of eBay. Now that I have used so many, I feel like it's still a great product. Maybe I use too much of it because I love it, or it dries up in the tube, I feel like it doesn't last too long.

My eyes look wider and brighter when I use Fiberwig+eyelash curler combination. But, by the end of the day, I need to re-curl my lashes to make them stand out.

I love that I can comletely remove it with mild cleanser and warm water. The other mascara that she brought me actually came with it's own remover because it was impossible to get off...but it held the lashes curly and high. It was called Fasio, from Japan. I only use that for special occasions, I use Fiberwig daily!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by katchimo

I lusted after this product when it went up on the inmykit site but balked at the Sephora price because I've been so dedicated to my drugstore mascaras. Lo and behold a family vacation in Taiwan takes takes me to Watsons where they have the fiberwig mascara at more than half the price sold stateside. I think I should make it clear that the fiberwig mascara sold in Asia is considered merely a drugstore product and doesn't hold a candle to the elite Asian cosmetics like Jill Stuart or Fonsi. I'm not writing it off as I think Japan makes some of the most superior drugstore cosmetics I've ever seen that give American pharmacies a run for their money, but I thought I would put that tidbit forward. Other than that the fiberwig is a really lovely mascara and certainly does the job giving me length, but not enough to make me pay double the price at Sephora. I'll probably put in an order or two while buying bulk at Sasa though.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Liz4464

Overall I did like this mascara...it really lengthened my lashes. I also liked it on my beach vacation...I'd much rather have little flecks of mascara that are easy to wipe off, then big black smudges under my eyes. My big issue with the product is that it doesn't volumize unless you apply 4 coats. I also think the little fibers irritated my eyes/contacts. The search continues...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 5:48:00 AM More reviews by husserl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Here's what I like about this mascara: if I give it my standard curl + few "wiggle-swipes" technique, I get substantially darkened, lengthened, more defined lashes. The color is a true black and there's no crunchies or flakes. What's more is that there's no eyelid transfer during the day, I can cry my eyes out without fear of a horrible mess, and it comes off with warm water which is SO nice! Really nice, actually. What makes me want to buy this again and what makes it worth the price, though, is that I can use it like normal and then go back over my work with the tip of the mascara wands and extend each lash even more for extra lengthening. I just can't get away with this technique with other mascaras without it turning into a clumpy mess. This technique, however, takes a lot of time and some patience with application. So, if you want the "false eyelashes" look Fiberwig promises, you might as well take the time you'd use defining each lash and just slap some falsies on. I personally use this mascara for achieving my ideal "natural" lash look.

I think this is a really good and dependable product. There are certain people who I'd recommend it to without a doubt. For example, my mom has very short eyelashes that she's sort of sad about and I'm going to get this for her because I know it's a product that will help her achieve the natural look she desires most. Are they falsies in a tube? No, of course not. And I do fault Imju for suggesting that they are!

UPDATE: I ended up saying that I would not purchase this again. The reason why I liked this so much was that it was so smudge-proof. I have since found other mascaras that do not smudge on me that give similar results.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by jcl925

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My lashes are short, straight, and fine. I love the fact that this mascara lengthens, doesn't clump, doesn't smudge, and comes off gently with water. Unfortunately the only way this would be the perfect HG mascara for me is if it held a curl or volumized...which doesn't do either for my lashes. I really wanted to love this but for the cost it's not worth it to only do half of what I want. This probably works best on already curly thick lashes. Back to looking for the mascara of my dreams. =(

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Lalaluye

This product was a disappointment to me. :( I've read many positive reviews on it, thus tempting me to try it. Many claimed that it was "the best mascara they've ever had." It does lengthen quite a bit... but that not much... It's kind of clumpy... I must give it credits for being so easy to remove. Easily washes off with lukewarm water. I don't exactly regret buying this.... but I don't think I will purchase this again. :/

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by missfeli

I used to love this mascara to bits for its lengthening effect. I've liked the fact that the fibers in the mascara does lengthen my lashes but have always hated the fact that it lengthens, but it clumps a lot as well. I love how this also does not give you any kind of panda eyes while wearing and removing. It comes right off with warm water! No need for makeup remover~

Great for lengthening, hate the clumps :/

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2010 6:01:00 AM More reviews by kennymoron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara after I finished the Opera My Lash (http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=87148/Imju_-_Opera_mylash/0/Mascara) because it's made by the same company and I think the Opera My Lash is one of the best mascara I've ever used.

I expect this mascara to be as good as the Opera one but it is not. I found that the formula is almost the same but in my opinion the brush is too big which is a big drawback for me. It's a bit hard to apply without making a mess (several black dots) around my eyes, which I have to clean up with cotton buds. So I need to take sometime to apply this mascara to get a good result, not good when you're in a rush.

However, this mascara does give you a good length and natural looking lashes when I have sometime to apply it carefully. And the price is quite okay too.

Will not repurchase unless Fiberwig change the size of it's brush.

EDIT:
This is one of my HG mascara (the not waterproof one)! I'm on my 2nd tube already. Yes, the brush is still a drawback but it's not that bad once I get use to use it. And if I'm not in a hurry I could just use other mascara brush from different brand (I like the Fairy Drops mascara brush, another Japanese brand).

I'm just in love with the formula, it really gives me the long lashes without clumping, not smudgy at all (unlike several mascara that give me dark under eye at the end of the day) and it's SUPER EASY TO REMOVE! love love love..

Fiberwig formula + Fairydrops brush = perfect mascara - I only add one more lippie because of the brush, hahaha

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 3:55:00 AM More reviews by erikaLA

LOVE this mascara -- it's become my everyday, go-to product for natural-looking lash enhancement. My lashes are on the short / thin side, and my main mascara gripe is clumps -- and extra time spent separating my lashes with a safety pin. No need for this one -- even with extra coats :) To note -- don't expect *dramatic* changes -- as I said, I love this because of the natural effect :) -- if I want dramatic, I'll go with my shu uemura lashes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by sarahlen

This is generally a great mascara that does what it promises although it has a few drawbacks. If you are looking for really glossy and extremley long lashes with defintion this would be perfect, however if you're looking for volume as well i would suggest that you layer this with another mascara (i use full and soft). The point is because of the fibers in this mascara it does lenghten better than any volumizing/lengthening combo mascara or any normal lengthening mascara. It does give you a false lash look in that it adds fibers to the end of your lashes and makes them unaturally long ( long enough to touch your glasses).It also lasts forever untill you decide to take it off with warm water , and does not smudge but stays black and glossy. The only cons are that number one, it takes longer than normal mascaras to dry and number two does nothing to thicken the lashes at the lashline and doesn't make eyelashes look bushy/fluffy which is a very important part of the false lash look in my opinion but its not a big deal i just use a volumizing mascara under it.

UPDATE: I have had this tube since july , (I know , I know, gross) but I'm hesitant to re-buy a new tube because it hasn't dried out or performed any worse. Its just as good as when I first bought it! Also i feel like I previously didn't stress how hard this is to take off so hard you can even pull out you eyelashes (not just fibers I know the difference!) so be careful!