Dejavu (Imju) Fiberwig Lash Knockout

3.6

WATER, COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, AMMONIUM ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, CERESIN. BEESWAX, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, TRIETHANOLAMINE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, SORBITAN STEARATE, CETETH-20, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, POLYSORBATE-60, DISODIUM EDTA, METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, CARBON BLACK(CI 77266)

My friend swears by this mascara so I had to give it a shot. I like the brush size, very easy to apply to those inner lashes. I noticed the volume and length right away but sadly when used alone, it takes out all the curl which totally sucks. However, I like how it doesn't smudge at all and is quite easy to take off with a makeup remover. I'll use this again, but probably as the last coat to prevent smudge.

I have tried quite a number of mascaras before I tried this one: Lancome Definicil, Clinique high impact, Diorshow, Buxom, CG LB, MAC zoom lash, Estee Lauder double wear, etc. I have to say that this is the best mascara at lengthening. It does not smudge, but it comes off easily as little fibres with makeup remover. It does not clump; I put on layers after layers until I have my desired look. I LOVE this mascara. The brush is also very easy to use to get to all your lashes. However, if you're looking for volume, then this is not the one for you. It barely gives any volume. Be patient with this mascara. Do multiple coats and you'll be surprised by the result. It's also cheaper than the high-end mascaras.
BTW I got this from Japan with the smaller version called TinySniper. Don't buy the small one. It's indeed tiny and really awkward to use.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was one of my favorite mascaras until I dropped it in the toilet. Needless to say, I didn't use it again. It worked wonders on my lashes without smudging or flaking. Right now I'm using the Falsies and when that's all dried up, I will return to the fiber wig. Thank you Sephora employees who helped me discover this awesome mascara.

My friend visited from Japan, and brought Fiberwig as a gift. I was unsure about how to use it, since it said to use it before using an eyelash curler. All of my previous mascara's got stuck on the curler if I dare use it after application and pulled out my lashes, one by one....OUCH!

I was so impressed with the curl, and the all-day hold, I purchased 4 more off of eBay. Now that I have used so many, I feel like it's still a great product. Maybe I use too much of it because I love it, or it dries up in the tube, I feel like it doesn't last too long.

My eyes look wider and brighter when I use Fiberwig+eyelash curler combination. But, by the end of the day, I need to re-curl my lashes to make them stand out.

I love that I can comletely remove it with mild cleanser and warm water. The other mascara that she brought me actually came with it's own remover because it was impossible to get off...but it held the lashes curly and high. It was called Fasio, from Japan. I only use that for special occasions, I use Fiberwig daily!

I lusted after this product when it went up on the inmykit site but balked at the Sephora price because I've been so dedicated to my drugstore mascaras. Lo and behold a family vacation in Taiwan takes takes me to Watsons where they have the fiberwig mascara at more than half the price sold stateside. I think I should make it clear that the fiberwig mascara sold in Asia is considered merely a drugstore product and doesn't hold a candle to the elite Asian cosmetics like Jill Stuart or Fonsi. I'm not writing it off as I think Japan makes some of the most superior drugstore cosmetics I've ever seen that give American pharmacies a run for their money, but I thought I would put that tidbit forward. Other than that the fiberwig is a really lovely mascara and certainly does the job giving me length, but not enough to make me pay double the price at Sephora. I'll probably put in an order or two while buying bulk at Sasa though.

Overall I did like this mascara...it really lengthened my lashes. I also liked it on my beach vacation...I'd much rather have little flecks of mascara that are easy to wipe off, then big black smudges under my eyes. My big issue with the product is that it doesn't volumize unless you apply 4 coats. I also think the little fibers irritated my eyes/contacts. The search continues...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Here's what I like about this mascara: if I give it my standard curl + few "wiggle-swipes" technique, I get substantially darkened, lengthened, more defined lashes. The color is a true black and there's no crunchies or flakes. What's more is that there's no eyelid transfer during the day, I can cry my eyes out without fear of a horrible mess, and it comes off with warm water which is SO nice! Really nice, actually. What makes me want to buy this again and what makes it worth the price, though, is that I can use it like normal and then go back over my work with the tip of the mascara wands and extend each lash even more for extra lengthening. I just can't get away with this technique with other mascaras without it turning into a clumpy mess. This technique, however, takes a lot of time and some patience with application. So, if you want the "false eyelashes" look Fiberwig promises, you might as well take the time you'd use defining each lash and just slap some falsies on. I personally use this mascara for achieving my ideal "natural" lash look.

I think this is a really good and dependable product. There are certain people who I'd recommend it to without a doubt. For example, my mom has very short eyelashes that she's sort of sad about and I'm going to get this for her because I know it's a product that will help her achieve the natural look she desires most. Are they falsies in a tube? No, of course not. And I do fault Imju for suggesting that they are!

UPDATE: I ended up saying that I would not purchase this again. The reason why I liked this so much was that it was so smudge-proof. I have since found other mascaras that do not smudge on me that give similar results.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My lashes are short, straight, and fine. I love the fact that this mascara lengthens, doesn't clump, doesn't smudge, and comes off gently with water. Unfortunately the only way this would be the perfect HG mascara for me is if it held a curl or volumized...which doesn't do either for my lashes. I really wanted to love this but for the cost it's not worth it to only do half of what I want. This probably works best on already curly thick lashes. Back to looking for the mascara of my dreams. =(

This product was a disappointment to me. :( I've read many positive reviews on it, thus tempting me to try it. Many claimed that it was "the best mascara they've ever had." It does lengthen quite a bit... but that not much... It's kind of clumpy... I must give it credits for being so easy to remove. Easily washes off with lukewarm water. I don't exactly regret buying this.... but I don't think I will purchase this again. :/

I used to love this mascara to bits for its lengthening effect. I've liked the fact that the fibers in the mascara does lengthen my lashes but have always hated the fact that it lengthens, but it clumps a lot as well. I love how this also does not give you any kind of panda eyes while wearing and removing. It comes right off with warm water! No need for makeup remover~

Great for lengthening, hate the clumps :/

Popular Mascaras