July 29, 2014 | 2088 users online

Powder - Merle Norman - Luxiva Purely Mineral Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by lorisuepalm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Purchased this product in Aug/2008 and almost out. Great value and the shade ML80 is a perfect match. No itchy like others. I have tried every mineral makeup out there and really like this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2009 8:44:00 PM More reviews by jeuxjal0ux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can see why this product has so many good reviews, but it is not for me. I have really oily, fair skin, so the fact that this has a bit of a sheen to it isnt good for me. I need a matte product, because I will just be completely shiny in about 2 hours anyway. Also, the colour selection is pretty poor, mine was way too yellow for my skin. However, if you have normal skin, and find a colour match thats right for you, I can imagine this would be your HG. It has great, buildable coverage, and alot of people like the glowy look.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2009 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Quiche0805

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been on a diehard makeup quest for the past few months. For reference, I'm an NC45. After not finding color matches with other companies, I read a ton of reviews on here and decided to give Merle Norman a try. I have had trouble finding a loose powder MMU because the products either contain bismuth oxychloride or don't match my skintone. I located a studio about ten minutes from my house and went to test the makeup.

I was worried that I wouldn't find a good match at MN because shade selection leaves much to be desired. Monique, the studio owner, was really nice and fortunately she was able to match me to the darkest shade, M90. This powder foundation feels amazing on the skin...my face felt like butta! It truly deserves the name "Luxiva".

I would have given this product a rating of five, but I noticed a tremendous amount of sparkle in direct sunlight. I truly felt like a disco ball and was tempted to return it. I applied some translucent powder on top of it, which helped to slightly diffuse the sparkle. I love the foundation too much and it's such a great value for the money (the jar is HUGE!), so I decided to keep it. I've had it for two months and I am completely hooked. Please give MN a try. It's truly worth it if you can find your shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2009 6:01:00 PM More reviews by babitcake

I really was impressed with the coverage this gave me. The product lasted me a good 5 months or a little more, so the price was well worth it. The only thing I didn't much like was the fact that MN doesn't have any shades of this that really match my light (and I mean light!) skin. At least, I don't think they do. I told the SA that I needed the lightest shade they had, and she picked out two different shades and put them on my wrist. I'm not sure if they were actually the lightest shades or if she thought they matched me best, but still too dark for my skin =[

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2009 12:32:00 PM More reviews by pupster

Went to my local MN studio to check this out based on reviews here. This is a good product and much better value than BM, however, and this is a real problem, the shade selection is very limited. They only have around 4 or 5 shades compared to BM's 15. The shades jump from ghostly pale to dark tan and they all have very definite pink or orange undertones. If they had more shades I would probably give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by saku88

I just bought this foundaiton and really like. i am so unsure about the color though. I got L20 and I AM NC 20 MAC. If anyone can help me please please msg me cause i have only 15 more days to exchange it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2009 1:57:00 PM More reviews by lindacjz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been on a lifelong search for good makeup. I've tried many foundations-most recently Bare Minerals-and this is finally The One! My face looks great all day. It even looks good when I take the makeup OFF! I tried this based on reviews and I'm so glad I did. I went to the Merle Norman studio and, yes, it was a bit dated with heavily made up women working there. As it turns out, they were very helpful and I ended up with this foundation and a few other products and I am very pleased with. The container is quite big and it's a great deal since it delivers! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2009 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Vena

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this a few months ago, based on MUA reviews. After trying BE, I never thought I'd ever use a powder-type mineral makeup again, but being a makeup junkie, I couldn't resist. I have light/medium complexion w/yellow undertones and have only gotten a good match once before--with Shiseido's stick makeup. The Merle Norman person was able to get it right on the first try (L60). I find that I can use this with a Kabuki brush and become poreless (BE just made the pores more obvious). BEST OF ALL, I can just use primer and use the makeup only on imperfections (without wearing it all over my face) and the match is so perfect, the blemish disappears but the dot of makeup doesn't show! (I use Lauren Hutton's "Spotter" brush for this--a chisel-shaped brush). Liked the makeup so well, I went back recently for the tinted moisturizer--again, a perfect color match (Nude). And I owe it all to MUA reviewers (or maybe I should say Merle Norman owes it all to MUA reviewers).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Hanan

Best mineral foundation I ever tried. Too bad MN does not get much love here on MUA.
Tried BE but it did nothing at all. This has good coverage, leaves a nice glowy finish, fine sparkles did not show at all. Lasts all day, mild break through shine at end of the day that I can live with. I wish it came in more colors, some tend to be pink based, otherwise I'm happy with the current color I use. ML80 for NC 30

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2009 6:30:00 AM More reviews by theriddler01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bought this on x-mas eve and wanted to use it a bit before I review.
This kicks the crap outta Bare Minerals. My face doesn't feel dry and it doesn't settle in my fine lines, wrinkles or accentuate my pores. It doesn't cover as well though. I use this with Merle Norman's tinted moisturizer (a little expensive at 35 dollars a bottle IMO) and feel it gives me enough coverage with both. I was a little worried when I read the other reviews about the shimmer in it. Maybe it was the color I bought, but I haven't noticed a shimmery look on my face at all. The color I got is M30 and it is a tad bit dark for me, but I like to have some color on my face. Plus I will start tanning again and I get dark fast, so that's why I got this color. Cost for me was 25 dollars and you get a very large jar. I made my mom dump her small jar of BM and filled it with this and my jar still looks full. I would recommend you at least give this a try if you like mineral makeup and recently discovered how terrible BM makes you look, like I did after 2 years ugh. But I do recommend a tinted moisturizer for better coverage.
**and the trick to dealing with the sales ladies at Merle Norman is to go in with authority. I had a list of things I wanted to try, went in, and before she had a chance to "sell me" I just started rattling off what I wanted to see. Then asked about price, what I wanted to try, and what I was gonna buy. She never had a chance to talk. If you are easily "peered" into buying things the best way to go into the store is with a game plan. Sounds crazy but they will try to sell the crap outta you if you're not careful.