August 2, 2014 | 1649 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by MakeupLover411

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation! I wear it whenever I have a special event to go to or just feel like having that full coverage on my face =) I got mine at Sephora for about $36 and love that it keeps my face matte all day! I have really oily skin and wearing this over my Milk of Magnesia really leaves my face with a matte finish and I don't have to blot every now and then like I usually would.. I wouldn't reccomend it for the summer because it feels pretty heavy on the face or for people with dry skin! Other than that, it works great ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by martini8787

I love this stuff! I first used it for my wedding makeup and kind just want to use it all the time. It stays matte and it stays on. I do have to mix two for the perfect match but I use so little at a time who cares. Also for even heavy duty coverage you only need a pea size amount. If you have any special event to go to I highly suggest this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by Beautyqueen583

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hated this foundation because it dried out my face worse than its ever been before and mind you it's summertime and I have extremely oily skin so this was a horrible foundation in my experience I actually ended up returning it and I've never returned a makeup product before I won't be using it on myself or my clients so I switched to MAC studio tech and I love that ! By the way I am #55 in this foundation and NC 40 in MACs

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by misskerryk

I'm on my third bottle, and this is definitely my holy grail! being ridiculously fair and lacking noticeable undertones, its hard to find a color that isnt too pink or too yellow, but #15 Alabaster is perfect! it will take some practice to learn to successfully blend out every streak if you're new to makeup, but its so worth it. none of my shine shows through and it stays in place all day!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 4:01:00 AM More reviews by HaveMercyJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely LOVE this stuff! I was using the HD foundation (wasn't impressed) and moved to this shortly after. This is a bit of a heavier foundation, but that is because it offers great coverage! This is my favorite "going out" foundation, but not great for my skin during daytime.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by ihoardmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

OH-EM-GEE. Can I say amazing? This foundation is flawless!!! It is pretty full coverage, but also pretty natural looking. It doesn't feel or look super heavy on the skin (like Kat Von D's Lock It Tattoo Foundation has a reputation for doing), but it also isn't super moisturizing. I have oily skin and it looks gorgeous all day, but I can imagine on dry skin it would maybe cake up or cling to drier patches. It is definitely more well suited for oily or combination skin. On me it does last all day, without getting gross or anything. A good six hours without touch ups. Definitely not as long as Revlon Colorstay, but I find the finish and feel to be more enjoyable. I usually use Rimmel's Fix and Perfect Pro Primer, in 002. The primer I use fluctuates on a daily basis because I haven't found a HG yet (sad I know). Although I have worn this without a primer many a time and still had gorgeous results! I set with just a normal translucent powder. I apply this with anything from a buffing brush to a beauty blender. I even use my fingers if I'm really in a hurry. It usually depends on what kind of coverage I want. Beautyblender for full coverage (weird but true), Buffing Brush by Real Techniques for medium coverage, and a Face Secrets Bronzing brush (it's a stippling brush) for light coverage. Fingers if I am in a hurry, and it gives me a medium but buildable to full coverage. As far as packaging, I love it! I know it has gotten mixed reviews but it's sooo hygienic and easy to clean. It's actually a bottle that you squeeze to get the product out. It really reminds me of Covergirl's AuqaSmooth Foundation. But the bottle is pretty classy, not tacky looking or anything. One thing I did notice is it does have a slight florally scent, but nothing that would be super irritating. Overall this is a great foundation for us oily ladies and I'm sure if people with dry skin moisturized and primed well they could enjoy it too! Definitely worth the $42 price tag!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by KristyBarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my go to foundation until my face became really try due to acne medication I was surprised. However when I did use it (w. beauty blender ) it gave full coverage and lasted all day for me. And it was definitely MATTE. My only con was that it did tend to get cakey around my nose no matter what kind of primer or moisturizer I used but maybe that's just me. I would suggest this for someone with really oily skin if your skin is dry don't go near it you'll have extreme cake face

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by jackiii18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My HG foundation! I absolutely love this stuff! I originally tried it because I have very, very fair, cool-toned skin and I was having a difficult time finding a foundation that was light enough for me and not yellow-toned. This stuff matches my fair skin better than any other foundation has and I have tried a ton! It also feels lightweight on the skin while giving considerable coverage (although I wouldn't mind a little more--I'm definitely a full coverage girl). I find that this applies best with the beauty blender, although I've applied with a stippling brush and my fingers and it still looks flawless. Also, I love the packaging! I can't say enough good things about this foundation, I just wish it was a little less pricey! I will continue to repurchase for sure!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by mishhell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My skin is oily (but not TOO oily; it's managable), and it's extremely sensitive, which makes it acne-prone at times.

With that said, this foundation is unfortunately NOT for my skin type. I've been using it only 5 days and I've already broken out pretty badly (and I take care of my skin.. always cleanse and moisturize). HOWEVER, I WISHH this didn't make my skin break out, because everything else about it is amazinngggggg! The finish is perfectly matte, and leaves no oily residue. The color perfectly blends with my skin (which is medium-olive toned), and I use number 35. The only down side is that this foundation takes away most of your "natural glow" since it's so matte, and it often makes my face look paler than it really is in pictures. GREAT coverage though.

But I guess I'm gonna have to stick to Smashbox's Healthy FX foundation, since I can rely on having clear skin when I use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by aminamalika

I love this foundation!! I am a long-time MAC Studio Fix user, but either the formula or my skin has changed because I find wearing it alone makes me somewhat washed out and washy. I tried MUFE's HD foundation for awhile and even though it's raved about, MAT+ is the true winner (at least for me). It is truly matte, goes on like velvet & leaves my skin looking flawless. I mix my shade 80 with my NW50 MAC Studio Fix (which works out because at least Studio Fix has SPF 15) - sometimes applying it with my fingers or my F82 or F80 Sigma brushes and it goes on very well. Even though the packaging is small, there is so much in here - I have had the same one since last year and I wear it at least 3 times a week. Of course, a little goes a long way. It's a staple foundation for me.