September 1, 2014 | 1289 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 7:26:00 PM More reviews by lizchewy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This HG highlighter was my very 1st Mac purchase (before I succumbed to many more!) I wanted a highlight that wasn't too shimmery or white and didn't leave me looking like an extra from Star Trek!! I had read a couple of magazine reviews on it before I went in search of my local MAC store. I couldn't see it on counter, so asked the MA if they had any. With much huffing and puffing she eventually gave me the last one from the stock drawer!! It was much later did I realise all the hype that goes on about this product when I saw one advertised on eBay for5 times the counter price. I use it daily on top of matte blush. I have very oily skin which breaks through my MMU and MUFE HD powder in less than 1 hour , so I like to start the day as matte as I can. This MSF gives just the right amont of "lift" to my matte finish and as the day wears on and I get shinier it doesn't leave me looking like I have a metallic finish on my face. The HG of highlighters!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 11:37:00 AM More reviews by mabinogii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pure lust, love and all that jazz.

This is the KING of highlighters, for a really great solid price. It's just decent and wins in all aspects. Subtle glow, luminosity, mix with moisturizer to increase sheen, not chunky, very finely milled, lots of product, and it's gorgeous!

If you ever want to own a highlighter, you must own this sometime in your life. It's godly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 12:58:00 AM More reviews by panda0410

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing highlighter!!! It gives a beautifully subtle sheen that doesnt scream at other people, nor is it invisible.
This is definitely no blush item - highlight is what this product has to offer - and ONLY highlight. Having said that thats part of what makes it special - it can be used with a variety of colours without adversely altering the colour of your base blush - many other highlighters tend to add their own hue and take away the trueness of of your blush colour, Lightscapade really doesnt manipulate colour that much.

Brush choice will make a big difference to what effect you get with this particular MSF. On my pale skin a 187 is completely useless, I prefer the 165 with this, or any other tapered or angled cheek brush would work as well.

These MSF are really great value - the amount of product in them makes them a really goody buy, if this were ever repromoted I'd probably grab one or two more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 9:48:00 AM More reviews by FabianaFarrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

From the photos, at least on my monitor, this looks like Mac's "Moon River" from the Mineralized Blush-Duos, & "MR" is the most popular 1 of that bunch here on MUA. In fact I second that motion, lol -- but just haven't had time yet to add my own review on it. (Also, "MR" is the 1st of that group to have already sold out on Mac's website, so garsh am I glad I read everyone's review here & ordered "Moon River" the day after I ordered "Love Rock", instead of "waiting to see how you like 'Love Rock' 1st", as Mac's MA advised!) SO: can anyone here on MUA confirm that "Lightscapade" DOES in actuality look just like "Moon Rock"? Or is it completely different -- or... what? I'd appreciate your help as I notice the PPP's who've bought "Lightscapade" & learned how to apply it correctly have found it to really work. Thanks so much for an answer, dear friends!! :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 6:33:00 AM More reviews by lastoneout

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG highlighter!!! Lightscapade is a glorious swirl of pastel colors that all come together to create the loveliest glow! On my NC20 skin, it leaves a soft, ethereal effect that I love! I'm so sad that I missed out on the original release and had to pay higher prices to get it, but it's well worth it!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2009 3:20:00 AM More reviews by thesoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't understand the hype about this product. I ran to the store the day it was released because I was mesmerized by the beautiful marble, but on my skin it was a dull creamy-yellowish sheen with visible shimmer that emphasized my pores and flaking skin. The SA actually brushed too much of this up and down the bridge of my nose; my nose looked like those lazer swords from star wars. I did end up buying this anyway because the product itself was so beautiful, but I seldom reach for it anymore. I think the chunky and coarse looking shimmer is an overall tendency of MAC's MSF's; I prefer Estee Lauder or Dior for shimmer powders or luminizers. I completely agree with the reviewer a couple of reviews below that it made me look like I didn't wash my face.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2009 2:14:00 PM More reviews by rpsie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a really pale complexion and this is the only mineralizer I can wear without looking like a glittery pop star. Its incredibly subtle and therefor the effects are very natural looking. I am so sad its discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 3:34:00 AM More reviews by turkey2083

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this as a highlighter. I had a backup, but I sold it because I don't think I could ever use the whole thing. It's really lovely though. Totally worth all the hype.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by cherrrychan

It's not that special, as far as I'm concerned. The best to be said is that it looks fantastic, a really covet-able item beaut wise, and it is quite pretty to look at, as well as it having a lot of product, for quite a cheap price (when it first came out, i definitely do not think it is worth the rarity value) and is a great standard highlighter by a good brand (MAC :P). Especially so if you have experimented with highlighters before and you prefer powders, then this is great! Personally, I think it is not extraordinary and does not outperform anything I have bought in any aspect, but there is nothing wrong with it, and the effect is quite pretty

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2009 1:40:00 AM More reviews by excellrf

I would never, never buy again. The packaging sucks,everyone knows about the droppping mSFs nightmare, but all that aside this is intended to be a highlighter is it not?
It. fails. miserably

-it's chalky, the most "matte of mac MSFs" is a very nice way of putting it
-its chunks of matte-ish glitter are so huge. the particles are wayyyy bigger than i'm used to with any other highlighter (benefit, body shop, nars albatross, vanilla pigment, meteorites, etc), like huge, noticeably makeup look huge

However, it does look pretty ^_^, too bad it absolutely fails at looking the good kind of glittery, dewy, or sheen-y in any way.

11 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No