December 21, 2014 | 944 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2010 7:45:00 AM More reviews by xMissFortunex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm kinda underwhelmed by this product. After searching for ages for this (because of all the rave reviews I had heard & knowing how sought after it was) I finally snagged one.

I was kinda disappointed as this doesn't really show up on my NC15 skin. I can only tell its there if I look really closely. I prefer vanilla pig over this.

I will be keeping this, but only because it looks so pretty & its rare (sad I know)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2009 2:58:00 PM More reviews by hinotori

Lightscapade MSF is such a beautiful product! It is a limited edition, but I was lucky to grab one off ebay a while ago. I simply adore this MSF. All the colors on the MSF is like the rainbow, so pretty! It is my favorite highlighter!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by murflegirl

I'm an NW20 and was searching for an MSF that wouldn't look like a crazy glitter bomb exploded on my face, or that I had been hitting the tanning booth a little too hard. I had a few other MSFs (Perfect Topping, Porcelain Pink, Light Flush, Northern Light) before I bought this one--I guess I gave in to the hype. Boy, am I glad I did. I won't be using this product a ton unless it is repromoted, because I don't want to run out. It gives my skin the most beautiful glowy sheen, using any brush. I tried it with a 109, with a 187, and with a kabuki brush, and all of them performed well with Lightscapade. It's the perfect highlight, and not too pigmented or a glitter bomb like a lot of MSFs. I really enjoy this shade and it's definitely a new favorite for me. I guess there's hype for a reason! I am keeping my fingers crossed that MAC repromotes this eventually, because it's just so gorgeous and a new HG for me.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by tdlamf

i LOVE this. i wish i had bought more while it was out in stores. it gives my skin an amazing glow and looks awesome in pictures too. also, using it on a wet brush gives a more intense highlight effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2009 1:51:00 PM More reviews by dollface18

This is probabaly one of my favorite MSFs from MAC. The color is just gorgeous. It's a very light glow. That's exactly what it does to my face. It just makes it look so glowly especially in the light. It's too bad this product was LE because now it goes for a pretty penny. If you use a light hand (I personally think that's all you need) this product will last you awhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Valwyt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not cheap bought it off ebay for about 40 bucks...yeeeeshh! But I figure I will use it more then 40times so it will even out in the end right? This MSF is great for my light complexion I use it above my cheek bone for a bit of 'glowy-ness' and it works for me everytime. I even get a few compliments from the girls at Ulta and Sephora! I am sure this will come out again as a re-promote and the GRAB it up ladies!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 7:26:00 PM More reviews by lizchewy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This HG highlighter was my very 1st Mac purchase (before I succumbed to many more!) I wanted a highlight that wasn't too shimmery or white and didn't leave me looking like an extra from Star Trek!! I had read a couple of magazine reviews on it before I went in search of my local MAC store. I couldn't see it on counter, so asked the MA if they had any. With much huffing and puffing she eventually gave me the last one from the stock drawer!! It was much later did I realise all the hype that goes on about this product when I saw one advertised on eBay for5 times the counter price. I use it daily on top of matte blush. I have very oily skin which breaks through my MMU and MUFE HD powder in less than 1 hour , so I like to start the day as matte as I can. This MSF gives just the right amont of "lift" to my matte finish and as the day wears on and I get shinier it doesn't leave me looking like I have a metallic finish on my face. The HG of highlighters!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 11:37:00 AM More reviews by mabinogii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pure lust, love and all that jazz.

This is the KING of highlighters, for a really great solid price. It's just decent and wins in all aspects. Subtle glow, luminosity, mix with moisturizer to increase sheen, not chunky, very finely milled, lots of product, and it's gorgeous!

If you ever want to own a highlighter, you must own this sometime in your life. It's godly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 12:58:00 AM More reviews by panda0410

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing highlighter!!! It gives a beautifully subtle sheen that doesnt scream at other people, nor is it invisible.
This is definitely no blush item - highlight is what this product has to offer - and ONLY highlight. Having said that thats part of what makes it special - it can be used with a variety of colours without adversely altering the colour of your base blush - many other highlighters tend to add their own hue and take away the trueness of of your blush colour, Lightscapade really doesnt manipulate colour that much.

Brush choice will make a big difference to what effect you get with this particular MSF. On my pale skin a 187 is completely useless, I prefer the 165 with this, or any other tapered or angled cheek brush would work as well.

These MSF are really great value - the amount of product in them makes them a really goody buy, if this were ever repromoted I'd probably grab one or two more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 9:48:00 AM More reviews by FabianaFarrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

From the photos, at least on my monitor, this looks like Mac's "Moon River" from the Mineralized Blush-Duos, & "MR" is the most popular 1 of that bunch here on MUA. In fact I second that motion, lol -- but just haven't had time yet to add my own review on it. (Also, "MR" is the 1st of that group to have already sold out on Mac's website, so garsh am I glad I read everyone's review here & ordered "Moon River" the day after I ordered "Love Rock", instead of "waiting to see how you like 'Love Rock' 1st", as Mac's MA advised!) SO: can anyone here on MUA confirm that "Lightscapade" DOES in actuality look just like "Moon Rock"? Or is it completely different -- or... what? I'd appreciate your help as I notice the PPP's who've bought "Lightscapade" & learned how to apply it correctly have found it to really work. Thanks so much for an answer, dear friends!! :-)