April 24, 2014 | 1843 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2009 2:14:00 PM More reviews by rpsie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a really pale complexion and this is the only mineralizer I can wear without looking like a glittery pop star. Its incredibly subtle and therefor the effects are very natural looking. I am so sad its discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 3:34:00 AM More reviews by turkey2083

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this as a highlighter. I had a backup, but I sold it because I don't think I could ever use the whole thing. It's really lovely though. Totally worth all the hype.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by cherrrychan

It's not that special, as far as I'm concerned. The best to be said is that it looks fantastic, a really covet-able item beaut wise, and it is quite pretty to look at, as well as it having a lot of product, for quite a cheap price (when it first came out, i definitely do not think it is worth the rarity value) and is a great standard highlighter by a good brand (MAC :P). Especially so if you have experimented with highlighters before and you prefer powders, then this is great! Personally, I think it is not extraordinary and does not outperform anything I have bought in any aspect, but there is nothing wrong with it, and the effect is quite pretty

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2009 1:40:00 AM More reviews by excellrf

I would never, never buy again. The packaging sucks,everyone knows about the droppping mSFs nightmare, but all that aside this is intended to be a highlighter is it not?
It. fails. miserably

-it's chalky, the most "matte of mac MSFs" is a very nice way of putting it
-its chunks of matte-ish glitter are so huge. the particles are wayyyy bigger than i'm used to with any other highlighter (benefit, body shop, nars albatross, vanilla pigment, meteorites, etc), like huge, noticeably makeup look huge

However, it does look pretty ^_^, too bad it absolutely fails at looking the good kind of glittery, dewy, or sheen-y in any way.

10 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2009 5:28:00 PM More reviews by chikky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted this ever since I started buying MSF and being a late comer to MAC I missed out on the LE launch. =( After hearing alot of great reviews on this I caved and bought it on ebay plus shipping fee totaling around $AU100. Abit pricey but no regrets at all. It's now my favourite highlighter, better than NARS Albatross.

The least shimmery of all the MSF's I go to this when I just want to bring out my cheeks to my brow bone without the overly dewy effect. Not chalky on me and I'm an NC25. So tone from medium to fair, this would definitely work.

I've gotten many compliments when using this. It's my new HG and will definitely purchase again if it runs out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2008 12:29:00 AM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Bleh! Why is everyone and their mother after this? SO BORING. When I first used this, my initial reaction was "o0o0o" but now after using other (&better) highlights, my reaction is more like an "ugh!" - Lightscapade is a mixture of colours, specifically those that were in the Corps de Coleur quad which was also released with this skin finish. The quad & the MSF are boring & instead of giving me a glow, or 'dewy' type of look, it makes me look like I don't wash my face. This comes out WAY too chalky on me, I've used nearly ever blush brush + 187 + 188 for this, tried different application techniques & even tried to use less (or more) when I thought it would help.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2008 11:24:00 AM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I didn't buy Lightscapade when it was released and I kicked myself for it. Luckily I managed to get my hands on one eventually.
It's absolutely beautiful. Gives a gorgeous ethereal glow to my ppp skin. Looks stunning when used to highlight my cheeks if I'm doing a smokey eye.
Probably one of the prettiest MSFs in the pot and definitely one of my favourite MSFs.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 8:23:00 PM More reviews by TheWorldsDresser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maaaannnnn, there are a lot of harsh reviews about this one! I'm NC50ish (I guess, I use Px fdtn) and I use this as a highlighter along my nose also mix it w/ concealer for under my eyes. Blended well, this works great for me as a h/l. I'm not sure how fair people use it, but darker folks can use this as I mentioned above. This is the most matte of the MSF highlighters. Having said that, if you're not a collector, don't pay a ton of money to get it, instead try Soft and Gentle or Shimpagne.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2008 10:02:00 PM More reviews by admeno

I have just received this product from ebay, as it is currently discontinued by MAC, and I am in love!! I am an NC15 or NC20 and due to me very light complexion I tend to have a hard time finding a highlighter that does not look too dark on my skin. Lightscapade looks like a pastel multicolor marble in the pan, on the skin, it gives a light almost etherial glow. It took me a few tries to get the application right. I began with a flat-top sable brush, which deposited too much color making the glow look a bit fake. Then I tried a synthetic blush brush, ok but still too much product on my skin. Lastly I tried my duo-fiber brush, which I hardly ever use unless I am applying a liguid highlighter, lighscapade looks fabulous with this brush, the application is light and I can buff it into the skin to create a glow from within. It's a shame that MAC has discontinued this product. I would recommend it for anyone with light white skin to light asian skin. Application does make a difference with this product, so be mindful of your brushes or you might end up looking too glowy.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2008 2:40:00 PM More reviews by teha83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is very pretty to look at and doesn't do a bad job highlighting. It's the first MSF I ever bought, since then I use the other ones more often than this one.