October 24, 2014 | 1049 users online

Crème - MAC - Studio Tech

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by lawschoolnerd1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not really sure what to think about all the negative reviews here. While this isn't the best foundation, it is a fairly good product. Studio Tech covers my acne scars, is an exact colour match for my skin, and looks fantastic in photos. The main thing I love about this product is you can get fuller coverage without having to use a huge amount of product. However, staying power (or lack thereof) is a huge weakness for this product. I have used a litany of primers with this, but nothing can stop it from melting off my forehead and getting patchy on my cheeks during warm weather. I'm on my second one right now, but I'm not sure I will repurchase again. For the price, I have discovered foundations that, in my opinion, work better. Still my favourite MAC foundation, though. I use this when I feel like taking a break from liquid or need some heavier coverage. Application is important with this product. Use a brush (the MAC 190 is good) and not the sponge that is included. I tried to apply this product once using the sponge and all it did was absorb too much of the product and leave my face looking streaky. This product should last a long time and you definitely get your money's worth.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Amphitrite37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because I thought it would cover my blemishes..It actually did cover almost everything and the color was perfect.But,by the end of the day I was super oily and it was actually melting off..As for the break-outs!!OMG!The next day I was covered with pimples and cysts..The worst product I've ever used!If you're acne-prone don't even think about buying it and spend your money on it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by LaurenReneeArvay

The lady at the counter put this on me and topped it with the mineralize skin finish powder and it looked fantastic. I was in love with it! I wore it around for a little while, then took it off in the shower with my cleanser and proceeded to wash my face like normal. This stuff gave me HORRIBLE, and I do mean horrible breakouts. I woke up the next morning and my cheeks were covered in little red bumps. About a month later I tried it again and it did the same thing just on a smaller scale. It does a great job of covering but it is not for daily use. I really had high hopes for this product and it just didn't come through. I've got it in the back of my makeup collection for special occasions or something like that but after I use this up I will not be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2011 4:02:00 AM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Ohhhh Mac...The first MAC product I ever bought 3 years ago...the stupid SA matched me to an NC 45 when i was actually NC 43 (I find out 2 months later!!) ...They put it all over my face and mixed in a bit of orange into it to make my acne scars disappear...inside the showroom it looked okay in their yellow lighting...so I bought it...big mistake that made me a lot wiser...CHECK ur foundations in NATURAL lighting, ladies!!! I walked to my car and looked in t mirror and saw how i looked lyk a carrot!! I decided it was the orange colour they mixed and went home anyway and used it a couple of times...it gives great coverage for acne scars so I was happy with it. I was using the proactiv system at the time so the foundation would make the flaking seem less obvious...I used it till I saw how my neck is a lot lighter than my FACE with that on...so i went to another MAC counter...matched me with an NC 43! wth?! I couldn't even return the NC 45 so now i'm stuck with two Studio techs that I don't even use! I use my NC 43 as a concealer under other foundations I use...cuz I feel this may be breaking me out...would not take it from anyone even if i got it for FREE! (unless its to exchange t packages for a lippie online!)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by tammywiley

You need to be careful how you apply this and you also need to have just moisturised/primed your skin otherwise this will be very heavy and sit on the surface of your skin.
I find I can get a lovely finish with this if my foundation brush is wet with moisturiser/primer and I use a small amount to blend into the skin then build up if needed. I have also used a "Real Techniques" buffing brush to apply this which also worked well as it buffed it into the skin. I find the MAC colour choices for this more of a problem, the cool tones are a bit grey and the warm are a bit orange, I need to mix 2 together when I wear this. This is not my everyday foundation but I do wear it every now and then when I feel like a change or a different look. The art is mastering the application.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by 5t3ph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was the worst thing I have ever used. It made my skin look and feel disgusting, produced the look of literally a million flakes all over my face (after moisturising and primer of course). This did not blend into the skin and just sat at the surface. It was not a soft cream product like the woman at mac explained, and even spraying fix+ on my brush would not help this dry, clay like substance. Once I applied this and attempted to make it work, in disgust I immediately removed it and had to start my whole routine over, completely having to skip any face makeup for the day. My skin was so parched due to this product. It was absolutely horrific and needless to say this went back to the store for a refund. If your skin is dry or combination, I highly suggest you skip this because it will exaggerate any slight dryness you may have. I actually do not recommend this product to anyone of any skin type.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by abcang123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

as a foundation FOR ME it sucked! the coverage is full which i usually love but this was cakey. not only is it cakey but it made me break out :( in order to use it up since i bought it ..im using it as a concealor and it works..but i do it for everyday..if i want pictures taken, im probably gonna use another concealor like studio sculpt..

i wouldnt recomend it..

im a nc 42, brown hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by missashley884

Perfect combination of liquid and powder foundation! As other reviews have stated, less is more! I apply this foundation with my MAC 190 brush. I love the way it feels on my skin, and I am lucky enough that it doesn't break me out. I do like to set this foundation with the MAC careblend powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by DeltaCephei

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Less is more when it comes to this foundation. First time I applied it I looked like a guidette, I was orange and cakey! I'm an NC30. I applied too much product! You just need a small amount and blend it! Blend, blend, blend! It gives me a nice, medium coverage look. Doesn't break me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by lorraineg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off, let me say that less is definitely more with this product. When the SA made me up with this, I really liked the way it looked before she decided that although NW20 was a good match for me she added bronzer to match the tan on my arms. I think the NW20 is a tad light for me but it's workable. My skin felt really soft and I kept touching it. Being a longtime MMU user, I can't stand the way liquid foundation feels to the touch. Even though I'm normal skinned, liquid always feels either tacky or slick to the touch. So I figured I'd give a cream to powder a shot.

When I got home and put this on I couldn't get the smooth look she'd acheived and it felt greasy to the touch...ugh. After a few tries, I finally got it right. A little of this goes a long way. I use a foundation brush and just dabble it a little into the foundation. Maybe three passes does my whole face, then I run a buffing brush lightly around my face.. Looks smooth, feels smooth (not slick or greasy) and best of all, just looks like skin. I have normal skin so I don't use a powder on top of this.

If you have this and think it looks cakey, try cutting WAY back on the amount, definitely skip the sponge and use a "good" brush.