September 18, 2014 | 1871 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Deep Cleansing Cream with Soap Bark and Chamomile

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by mengandmimi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this cleaner! It's all natural, it feels great on the face, and it cleans well, everything you ever wanted from a cleaner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 2:29:00 AM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Nice basic cleanser...though I wish it actually deep cleaned like its name says it should. I use it in the morning since I use an acne wash (PTR) at night, though sometimes I use it at night too if my face is feeling especially moody. Even though I use a Clarisonic I still feel a film on my face after rinsing, and while I don't expect a squeaky-clean feel (that's not good for your skin), I don't want to feel like something's still on my face either. I have to use a toner (which I normally don't use) to feel really clean, and if I'm using this at night there's still makeup on the cotton ball after toning. I'll use up the rest of this tube but I seriously doubt I'd buy another.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Paintedlily62

I have combination skin with an extreme sensitivity issue. I was really surprised that this didn't flair up my skin immediately. It smells like one of those candy necklaces...not overpowering, just a bit. It has a really rich consistency, which I'm not normally used to, but since my skin has been breaking out in a rash with lots of cleansers I decided to give cream cleansers a try. After massaging it in for a few minutes it gets surprisingly cold (menthol cool). It's not bad, it's just really unexpected since it doesn't smell of menthol and it doesn't happen right away. Fun surprise though! I could feel a few of the rash bumps begin to come up after my second use, which means with repeated use it will probably agitate it. I'm going to review a lot of different cleansers for a few washes and use the best of those for longer periods of time. I will probably revisit this... I'll repost when I do!
Update (12/10/11): I haven't used this product in months because I found another cleanser that I LOVE and this one bothered my skin. I'm using Nude Skincare now. Nude is more expensive, but I can't really out a price on a clearing, soft and CALM skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by CandySplitz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this, I like the idea of Burt's Bees, but alas it was the worst cleanser I have ever tried. I have combo skin, quite oily on my nose, forehead and jawline. After using this, my skin felt too dry, taunt and stripped of any natural moisture. The scent I found to be challenging, as it was too 'antiseptic' for my taste. The irony is that it did not cleanse away all of my makeup, therefore my skin did not feel clean, just stripped.
This may work better on acne prone, adolescent skin, however I would be reluctant to strip the natural oils entirely.
I really wanted to like this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by aljeca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this cleanser. I will never buy another cleanser again. I used to break out frequently, and my skin is super sensitive.. It reacts to practically EVERYTHING, especially anything with salicylic acid in it, and benzoyl peroxide always dried my skin out to the point of being painful. Discovering this cleanser was (not to be overly dramatic) life changing. It must be something to do with the natural ingredients but it soothes my skin and helped clear up any acne I did have within a few weeks of regular (once per day) use. I love the fresh clean scent and the thickness of the cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by gchiu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this cleanser! Not only does it clean well without drying out my oily skin, it feels so good. I love using it to massage my face. I can massage for a while and I don't have to worry about over cleansing. My skin feels refreshed and it helps with clearing up acne. Initially, I thought it was an expensive product, but I can see now it's actually a great price. I'm going to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 7:12:00 AM More reviews by WildeFlowerGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this cleanser! My skin feels refreshed with a pleasant tingle after using this. The cream is thick and luxurious, lovely to apply. One tube lasted me four months, using it day and night, so definitely good value for money (I paid 13).

I have since tried other cleansers, because this didn't really do any miracles for my skin, but I will be rebuying this because it is a joy to use and it is a natural, eco friendly product.

Some other reviews say that it didn't remove make-up effectively. If i wore make-up I used a cheaper Simple cleanser first, then this. I didn't expect it to remove all my make-up satisfactorily. I tone my skin afterwards with a cotton pad and rose water and this removes the last of the grime.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by zoemichelle12

I love this product. It smells good and makes my face feel fresh afterwards. Yeah, it doesn't take off all your make-up but you can always get makeup remover wipes. I like using natural items since I have sensitive skin. I had an allergic reaction on my face and everything I would put on it would make it worse, except this. It soothed it and let me wash my face without irritating my face even more. So far I haven't broken out when using this. If you don't like putting tons of chemicals on your face or you have sensitive skin then this product is for you!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by chloeavalon

Wow....Was so excited about this cleanser too...

Loved the bottle, the fact that it was cheap, all natural, and contained chamomile...But I honestly thought someone was playing a practical joke on me and at any minute a camera crew would come running into my bathroom saying I was punk'd? (okay maybe a little over-dramatic) but seriously this took NOTHING off my face....no makeup, oil, or dirt. Not with my fintertips, not with a washcloth, or even a second wash.

actually returned it the very next day :/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by bisco

Went on vacation, and forgot my most recent (now prior) cleanser. Like many others, I've learned that my skin too, works better with natural skin care. For whatever reason, I picked this out for my bf to buy (he's so sweet!) After a few days on vacation, my skin was glowing, clear, balanced, and 50% or more, better. What mainly fueled me to get this, was that I loved the scrub that I tried two years ago, and overall my skin was exceptionally clear. BB, really knows what they are doing, and to be honest, nothing bothers me about this cleanser.