July 30, 2014 | 1916 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Philosophy - The Present Clear Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by kdonnell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love love love this product! I am on my second bottle. It makes my skin look like porcelain. I wear this under id bare minerals and my skin has improved so much. Not only does it give a flawless look to my skin it also holds my id bare minerals onto place. would highly recomend. My skin has never looks so flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by fupooch

This product does what it says. Would definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by illaillanow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wonderful, but if you use too much or don't have time to let it dry, it won't really do anything except move around your face. It'll also feel like you've got elmers glue on your face, I've noticed it starts to make it look like your foundation is peeling. It's a wonderful primer, just make sure you wait 2 minutes before putting anything on top of it and you use it gingerly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 1:53:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Better for some people with very oily skin (many rave about it). Definitely helped with pores.

CONS: Made my skin too tight and didn't seem to help wrinkles much. I do have oily (combination) skin.

ALTERNATES: I like L'oreal's Magic Perfecting Base for primer to fill in pores and make my makeup last longer (but let it set for at least a minute first.) I put that primer on top of MAC's tinted moisturizer (applied with a moist beauty blender sponge.) With this combo, my wrinkles and pores have never looked better (in the 35 foundations I've tried.)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2009 4:15:00 PM More reviews by angel31

This product works pretty well if you do not wear makeup with it. It does control oil in my T-zone, and it evens out the skin tone a bit. However, my makeup looks 'cakey' when I wear this underneath - and it seems to get worse as the day goes on. It also have an icky 'thick' feeling. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2009 3:23:00 AM More reviews by letty114

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

An excellent product that does exactly what is says - a clear make up. wonderful for lazy people who just want an even skin tone with not too much fuss.
i apply to cleansed skin and let it set whilst i get dressed, then add some blush, a touch of mascara and some lip color and am ready to go. would recommend

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2009 4:53:00 PM More reviews by oldjuly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this. It's smooth, it smells fine, has wonderful packaging and keeps my makeup on. Though you really need to wait about 4 - 5 minutes before putting on your foundation or else it gets all smeary.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2009 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Contessa01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This didn't work for me unfortunately, I found that I couldn't spread my makeup evenly on top of it, it was really tacky and then my foundation separated. I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by alinabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely ADORE this product!! These days, I hardly wear foundation because this product makes my skin feel so, so, SO nice. It is exactly what its name implies: "clear makeup". The texture feels just like a normal moisturizer, but after it dries, it mattifies the skin and leaves it feeling super smooth. My boyfriend even noticed that lately my face feels softer (little does he know I am wearing this product on it ;)). I wear it alone as a moisturizer, add a bit of mineral blush, and I'm good to go. Wonderful, wonderful product.

EDIT: Okay, something weird has been happening with this product lately. I get little dry patches on my face that are white after I let this product set. It looks like dry skin without moisturizer. Needless to say, it is NOT flattering and I find myself having to apply moisturizer over this to ease the dry spots. It looks gross. I'm taking off two lippies. I have no idea what went wrong. I'm switching to the Supernatural now

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by chloraimey

I'm shocked to see such a mediocre rating on this product!!! This product SAVED MY FACE, no lie. I have acne-prone skin and after several types of mild treatments, discovered that it's just sensitive and doesn't take well to make-up...but of course, I must wear make-up to make it all look better. I tried Prime Time, non-irritating foundations, mineral makeup... Prime time left me greasy and didn't really "protect" from make-up pore invasion, liquid foundations left me shiny constantly, and minerals often get in my pores despite their lack of chemicals.

So then I bought this, to go with my Supernatural Airbrushed Canvas mineral makeup. And WOW. Two minutes after putting it on your skin feels like porcelean. All redness and pores are minimized completely. If you are having a clear-ish week, you look perfect with just this product on, and if you're having acne, it sure helps to make your makeup go on smooth to cover it. This product keeps EVERYTHING out of my pores it seems: Grease, Dirt, Makeup...I even wear it as a light moisturizer when I workout to keep the sweat out. It keeps my skin from itching with power makeup on, and my pictures of my face have never looked more perfect and airbrushed! It's not just the foundation either, I had it before and it didn't look so nice until after I got this.

I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone with acne related to sensitive skin. It makes your skin think you're not wearing makeup, so it stays unclogged. When you wash your makeup off, your skins stays tight and clear, no makeup residue left behind.

I use this in this routine:
Daily facial cleansing pads that exfoliate and clean ((CVS brand ) -- I just switched to these from regular cleanser and it is helping my skin as well
Bare Escentuals Revver-Upper (always part of my routine, it just gives an added glow but isn't the spectacular product in this routine)
The Present
Supernatural Airbrushed, blush and eye makeup.

That's all it takes it seems! Finally, a simple effective routine!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No