Philosophy The Present Clear Makeup

3.4

Water (aqua), Cyclomethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Lysozyme, Sodium Citrate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (lavender), Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 3/21/2010 5:59:00 PM

Got this in a combo pack with the supernatural for approx. 20$ cdn at Winners (TJMAXX)

What I love:
The smell (herbalish)
The consistency-smooth cream
It's colorless
Doesn't make my combo skin oily
Makeup goes on smooth and seems to stay but I get the same reaction even if I didn't put this on.

What I don't like:
It didn't shrink my pores
It didn't do anything for fine lines

Disappointing because I really was looking for something that would do something about my pores.

Final result: It's nice but not nice enough for the price.

Still on the search for my HG primer

on 3/18/2010 4:16:00 PM

OK so i bought this product on sale at Winners (in Canada it is like TJ Maxx and ROss for you Americans:)) I tried it on top of Hope in a jar and it is amazing. My face looks like a canvas. I put MAC mineralize skinfinish in light meduim on top and voila! Instant smooth cleaR skin. I am making another trip to WInners to see if there is any left:)

on 3/8/2010 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff. I was looking for a product that I could use as both a light moisturizer and a primer that wouldn't break my extremely finicky skin out. This product does the trick, plus it seems to really help to prevent my face from looking like an oil slick half way through the day. I love the way it feels on my skin after I've let it set for a couple minutes before I put my makeup on over it. If it weren't for my completely uneven skin tone I would wear this product alone, instead of makeup. My only issue, which isn't really a big deal, is that it is really THICK. I was concerned that it would be really heavy because of that and that it might break me out. That hasn't been the case at all. Once you rub this stuff in and let it set, it feels as light as air.

This is my HG primer in the winter. I'm a NW20 with fairly oily skin, but also dryness in the winter (don't ask me how that works out). My skin breaks out really easily and the Present didn't break me out! I use a very small amount after I moisturize and it does what it says! Makes my skin look pore less and smooth! Also, it's one of the less expensive primers out there! The packaging isn't super fancy, but it is easy to get the product out.

on 2/24/2010 11:54:00 PM

This is my HG for making my skin appear sooth and flawless. Before discovering this product I wasn't able to wear foundation.

I started to use this under the supernatural foundation--but I had to give up on that foundation because my skin was just too dry and age has taken its toll to use a powder foundation.
Also the oxidation factor--I was wondering why I always looked orange in photos.

Anywho, I started experimenting with liquid foundations and discovered that if I mixed a liquid foundation WITH the present rather than layering it, I got a much nicer finish. My skin would appear smooth and flawless.

There is probably a bit of shine to occurs later in the day because of this product--but no worse that happens to me naturally. I could not LIVE with this product--thats how much I love it. Give it a whirl if you are looking to create a smoother texture to your skin.

on 2/15/2010 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really like this since it helps mattify my face, reduces the size of my pores, and provides a nice base for my tinted moisturizer & powder. But I don't find it worth the money.

I really do like this, but I won't buy it again unless I fall in love with over the next couple of weeks. It's great, but I probably won't buy it unless there is a sale on it or something.

on 2/12/2010 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I am an avid Philosophy user and I used to love the Present Clear Makeup. One day I came upon it again and decided to buy it since I loved it so much, and I became so disappointed! They must've changed the formula, cause something definitely changed.

Well first of all, I remembered the one thing that stopped me from buying it again: the chalkiness. Unless you use enough, it chalks on certain places where usually the drier skin is and in crevices. And when I mean enough, I mean you have to gloop this stuff on so that your skin looks wet. Also, it smells. Smells like a mixture of fish and plants that I can smell even through my powder (MAC Studiofix). Not good. :(

But I shoved it on my face. Once it dries (you really have to wait the 2 minutes. I prefer waiting longer, because it will still feel thick) your skin does kind of look a little more soft. But when I put my Studiofix on, it actually looked splotchy! Like the makeup wasn't smoothly going everywhere as it did with regular face lotion. And I could still smell it! And unfortunately as well, the makeup felt suddenly thick and transferable.

Major bummer Philosophy! Did you change your product?

Pro's: easy to travel with bottle, doesn't clog pores, softens skin

Con's: smells funny, chalky unless you use a lot, creases and sticks in crevices or eyelashes, makes power look splotchy, thick, makes makeup transfer

Buy again?

Overall: Definitely not worth the money. :( Big, fat no

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I just found this product on Friday and have been using it every day since. I don't use foundation, so all I do is apply this over my serum, apply concealer on my trouble spots, and set with a light dusting of powder. My skin stays matte all day. Any makeup I apply to my face stays in place all day. My skin has actually cleared up completely since I've used this. I hope it doesn't end up breaking me out like other reviewers have said, but so far so good. I really love this. It makes my skin so soft and smooth. I'm very happy with this and it's my first Philosophy product I've ever used.

on 1/31/2010 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I L-O-V-E this product. It is the only philosophy product that I love, all the others I think are hyped. But this product is awesome.

on 1/17/2010 8:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Love love love this product! I am on my second bottle. It makes my skin look like porcelain. I wear this under id bare minerals and my skin has improved so much. Not only does it give a flawless look to my skin it also holds my id bare minerals onto place. would highly recomend. My skin has never looks so flawless.

Popular Primer/ Correctors