October 25, 2014 | 1667 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Philosophy - The Present Clear Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by sweetgurl_086

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just found this product on Friday and have been using it every day since. I don't use foundation, so all I do is apply this over my serum, apply concealer on my trouble spots, and set with a light dusting of powder. My skin stays matte all day. Any makeup I apply to my face stays in place all day. My skin has actually cleared up completely since I've used this. I hope it doesn't end up breaking me out like other reviewers have said, but so far so good. I really love this. It makes my skin so soft and smooth. I'm very happy with this and it's my first Philosophy product I've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by AmandaEve011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I L-O-V-E this product. It is the only philosophy product that I love, all the others I think are hyped. But this product is awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by kdonnell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love love love this product! I am on my second bottle. It makes my skin look like porcelain. I wear this under id bare minerals and my skin has improved so much. Not only does it give a flawless look to my skin it also holds my id bare minerals onto place. would highly recomend. My skin has never looks so flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by fupooch

This product does what it says. Would definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by illaillanow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wonderful, but if you use too much or don't have time to let it dry, it won't really do anything except move around your face. It'll also feel like you've got elmers glue on your face, I've noticed it starts to make it look like your foundation is peeling. It's a wonderful primer, just make sure you wait 2 minutes before putting anything on top of it and you use it gingerly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 1:53:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Better for some people with very oily skin (many rave about it). Definitely helped with pores.

CONS: Made my skin too tight and didn't seem to help wrinkles much. I do have oily (combination) skin.

ALTERNATES: I like L'oreal's Magic Perfecting Base for primer to fill in pores and make my makeup last longer (but let it set for at least a minute first.) I put that primer on top of MAC's tinted moisturizer (applied with a moist beauty blender sponge.) With this combo, my wrinkles and pores have never looked better (in the 35 foundations I've tried.)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2009 4:15:00 PM More reviews by angel31

This product works pretty well if you do not wear makeup with it. It does control oil in my T-zone, and it evens out the skin tone a bit. However, my makeup looks 'cakey' when I wear this underneath - and it seems to get worse as the day goes on. It also have an icky 'thick' feeling. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2009 3:23:00 AM More reviews by letty114

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

An excellent product that does exactly what is says - a clear make up. wonderful for lazy people who just want an even skin tone with not too much fuss.
i apply to cleansed skin and let it set whilst i get dressed, then add some blush, a touch of mascara and some lip color and am ready to go. would recommend

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2009 4:53:00 PM More reviews by oldjuly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this. It's smooth, it smells fine, has wonderful packaging and keeps my makeup on. Though you really need to wait about 4 - 5 minutes before putting on your foundation or else it gets all smeary.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2009 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Contessa01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This didn't work for me unfortunately, I found that I couldn't spread my makeup evenly on top of it, it was really tacky and then my foundation separated. I wouldn't buy it again.