April 17, 2014 | 1783 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Minted Rose Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2008 1:20:00 PM More reviews by ginalil

My favorite rosebud, smells so fresh and feels really nice on your lips gives them a nice gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2008 2:01:00 PM More reviews by pulitzerprize

This lip balm is moisturizing, lasts long when applied, and your lips are very smooth after it has worn off. The scent is rosy-peppermint, but its not overwhelming. The mint part of it does not have as much tingle or taste as Burt Bee's. The texture is like thick vaseline, but it does moisturize unlike vaseline! This has a subtle shiny finish which makes my lips look more done since I don't really like wearing lip gloss often. This looks bright in the package but it goes on clear. You get a lot of product and it is fairly priced. I like this a lot but Burt's Bees is still my HG, I look forward to trying the rest of the balms made by this company.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2008 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Paigey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

How did I not find this before? This balm = love.
Found it at Sephora -- it kills the normal salve. I love the minty coolness. I would buy over and over again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2008 2:47:00 PM More reviews by crash247

I really love the way this makes my lips feel.It conditions excellent and you get alot for the price.The only reason I'm knocking of a lippie is because I really don't care for the smell,but it does fade pretty quick so over all I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 2:29:00 AM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh Love. Recently I keep finding excellent lipbalms to overwrite my previous HG lipbalms = = Anyway this is excellent. I actually love the smell. It doesn't exactly smell like rose. It smells like when you first walk into the Lush store, but 1000 times less strong...the balm had a silky gel texture, unlike some balm you can spend half of your life rubbing on the surface of it..When you dip your finger in it is soft and cushiony, and it has a bright coral red colour to it. But it doesn't show up on lips that much. It is based on petrolatum so it is glossy, and non sticky and feels soo nice on lips. I LOVE the mint. Although I hope the mint feeling last longer though =(. Lasts a good while, though not the longest lasting balm out there. Overall I just love it. Love the cute tin. Oh and it is cheap, I paid around 9 dollars CAD for this tin including tax, and it is the biggest pot balm I have ever seen (0.8oz, that would be around 24ml), and I have used many many many x 1000 lipbalms. It can also be used to dab on dry spots on your skin. Planning to get more! IF I ever finish this... =)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2008 5:45:00 PM More reviews by rachie78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first tried this product, I wasn't too fond of the minty rose scent. But I went on an all-girls trip wtih my girlfriends, and everyone had one! Out of curiosity I tried it again, and for a while, I was addicted to it! I love the glossy but balmy feel of it, and it looks great when you put it on before you go out. It adds a subtle rosy tint to my lips, too. And i've grown to love the scent! However, I took off 2 lippys for packaging, because I would rather them put this product in a stick or something where you don't have to use your finger to put it on! It also melts easily if you leave it in a warm place, even in your purse if you keep it close to your body, so don't forget to take it out of your car on a hot day! I've also used it on dry skin and cuticles, which works relatively well when you dont have anything else to use :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2008 5:31:00 PM More reviews by ellyyang

Love it! It is so moisturizing. I really like the minty cooling sensation. Can't live a day without it. Only hope that it can come in tubes.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2008 2:04:00 AM More reviews by madasrabbits

Awesome, awesome product everyone needs in his/her makeup bag. I prefer the Minted Rose to the normal formula, as the scent and the slight color refreshes me, but is not too powerful and overbearing, at the same time. It is very moisturizing on the lips, and is great to have on the go when your elbows or knees are a little dry and you need something quickly.

The packaging is a horror, though. Yes, it contains a good amount of product, but it's really rather unsanitary. And during the summer months, it gets rather goopy and mine actually melted to the top of the lid, because I had accidentally stored mine upside down in my purse. I simply bought a new one because the price is great, but the packaging is definitely a killer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2008 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Perkup1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a self proclaimed lip balm addict, so of course I have to have all of the balms that Smith's makes. Of all of them, the Minted Rose Lip Balm is my FAVE! It has rose oils with pepperment oils to create a refreshing lip balm that is perfect! It was created specially for my favorite store - Sephora, and it will set you back $7. It's a multi-purpose lip balm that is not only for lips, but it's meant to calm and heal irritation, and soothe the sting of minor burns. Personally, I only use it as a lip balm. They say to try dabbing on dry elbows or knees to condition, and relieve dryness. I also LOVE the original Rosebud Salve. Both the minted and the original are at my bedside table as a part of my nightly routine. I don't care for the Strawberry Lip Balm because I feel that the strawberry is too fake, I REALLY dislike Brambleberry Rose Lip Balm for the funky smell and if I am desperate for something STRONG, I reach for the Smith's Mentholated Salve. In the meantime, sticking with my favorite Minted Rose with the lovely tin packaging it comes in!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2008 12:54:00 PM More reviews by littlemissme

I LOVE this lip balm! Its pretty cheap and it works great! The jar is so hard to open though. I think I will buy two more of these and keep them in every bag! The color, the texture, and the taste is the best! And it makes my lips oh so smooth. Its a must have!