November 28, 2014 | 1912 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Magnif'Eyes Eye Magnifier Eye Opening

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2008 4:05:00 PM More reviews by LWAngel7

I got this for 50% off at Walgreens; just in case I wanted to return it if it didn't work. Like others have said, you can't apply it too fast but it really does open my eyes and make my eyelashes look long and thick! This might even replace L'Oreal Voluminous for me because of the great price. ;)
EDIT: I think that Sexy Curves has replaced this for me. It doesn't have as much volume and length as Sexy Curves provides for me. I still recommend this product though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 2:52:00 AM More reviews by luvsick99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This IS the best mascara! Long, perfectly fanned out, blackest black butterfly lashes! NO CLUMPS! I don't know why there'd be any bad reviews, unless one is not that skilled in applying mascara (no offense)...but it does require some amount of effort by the user.

I've always sought big fat long black lashes..w/o mascara my blonde tipped lashes are unseen... & I am not a girl who'd dare wear one coat and run...when another 2 (or 3!!) can make the world of difference! I'll admit I've been fooled by other's claims that one coat of this kind or that will do, but the bottom line is, if you want that convincing false eyelash look, it will take several coats.

Now the trick is, the mascara must look/get better with each coat. I've used Max Factor on/off for 12 years + (2000 Calorie, Volume Couture, Lash Perfection) and I'll say they're def a runner up. I've also tried many other brands and been left disappointed. But alas perfection was found in Rimmel Eye Magnifier Eye Opening Mascara in Extreme Black. And the cherry on top is the price...3 to 6 bucks!! ($3.24 @ Walgreens.com right now)

There's only one recommendation I'd make to any user, be careful applying the brush close to your inner rim, while trying to get close to the base, it can hurt a bit if you poke that delicate tissue with the spiky plastic (but sheer perfection of a) brush.
***EDIT**UPDATE: This product dries out VERY quick!! I've had to buy a new one every month to continue to get great results. 1 coat on the back of lashes ups the ante!! Still worth it and recommendable!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2008 1:38:00 AM More reviews by thatgirlangie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lancome Definicils is my HG, but I rarely have the $$ these days to purchase it. This mascara is really good. You can't apply it as quickly as the Definicils, because it can get a little clumpy if you don't go back over the lashes after the initial swipe. But, the effect is amazing. My lashes look great, not too fakey, just pretty. No flakes. No eye irritation. Great price. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2008 12:24:00 PM More reviews by brulesrules

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara clumps like mad and will turn your many natural individual lashes into three fake looking thick clumps. It also flakes. Everytime I wore it I ended up with dark flakes of mascara under my eyes shortly after I applied. It does make lashes appear to be very lengthy, however I would not recommend this product to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2008 12:23:00 PM More reviews by moonfairy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have never had much luck with the application using this type of wand/brush. This is a plastic 4-sided brush and as I expected, it went on very clumpy. The more I tried to separate, the clumpier it got. I then waited for it to dry thinking a metal lash comb might straighten things up a bit. It did lok a bit better after that, but it flaked all over as I was combing it out. So for me, this product didn't work too well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2008 11:06:00 PM More reviews by tris99

This stuff is awesome! I usually use Lancome Definicils but was running low. I was low on money so I honestly think I grabbed the cheapest one I could find. I think this is my new favorite. I even purchased the waterproof version since it's summertime and who knows when I might go swimming! I've already repurchased :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 6:48:00 PM More reviews by glossgal_01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was using the CG Lashblast and was getting bored so I wanted to try another drugstore mascara. I picked up this one since it looked like it would give me the same lashes as my Lancome Definicils would. Boy was I wrong!!!
First of all, the brush is so hard that I find it too sensitive when using it at the base of my lashes! Secondly the tip of the wand is too long and it's hard to get into the corners of your eye. When applying, I usually use 2coats of mascara and this one left me with clumpy lashes. After a good comb-through they're all right but nothing special! On top of that, this mascara flakes on me and smudges to my upper eyelids! I tried it 3 days in a row to see if I could somehow get used to it, maybe I wasn't applying it properly? Nope, this does nada for me! Waste of $, should have just stuck to my good old LashBlast.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2008 11:36:00 AM More reviews by mooshrimp

As far as super cheap mascaras go, this is tops. Not very clumpy, does seem to make my eyes wider, nice color. And you can't beat the price. I do have to say though that I prefer to spend more on my mascara and have it look a bit fuller and nicer. This isn't my favorite out there, but for under $5 I like it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Canada_Girl_111

I have very straight, unimpressive lashes. I am a mascara junkie. Since I was 14 I used a curler religiously everyday with a Max Factor Aqua Lash, then I switched to Great Lash waterproof. Then I got fed up with fussing around and quit mascara for a while. So many mascaras uncurl lashes. I re-entered the mascara world with Lancome Defincils Pro which curls lashes. Liked it. Didn't like the price. Then I tried Maybelline XXL curling mascara. I'm not a fan of applying a primer and then a mascara so I headed to the drug store and came home with this Rimmel mascara. I admit I was intrigued by the brush but didn't think the product would live up to it's 'eye-opening' promise. I take back everything bad I've ever said about Rimmel. This is an excellent, cheap, very effective product.

Pros: Dense colour, good coverage, definitely curls
Cons: Applicator is a bit flimsy

Definitely worth buying if you're on the lookout for a curling mascara that works and doesn't cost the earth. Worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2008 9:25:00 AM More reviews by nic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this mascara. Have been using it religiously for about a year. I actually prefer it after about two weeks of use when a little air in the tube thickens the mascara. It is clean, easy to apply and does as other reviewers have mentioned, really lengthen your lashes without clumping them together. I replace the tube every three months before it begins to flake. This is the one mascara that I have used that never smears or creates dark circles and yet removes easily.