July 31, 2014 | 1979 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Liquidlast Liner - Point Black

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 6:36:00 AM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Excellent no budge liner that is a true black that makes a dream for oily skinned ladies. BUT there are a few things I don't like. I absolutely hate the crappy brush on the applicator! Its too thick, the bristles splay to the side, and it makes a neat application diffiucult. Because this liner is no budge, it sucks having to try to clean up your mistake without messing up the entire line. When it gets on my lashes its almost impossible to remove. I do love that it wears like IRON, this stuff is NOT coming off without a good cleansing oil and even with that you have to put your back into it when scrubbing this off. This is perfect for me to wear at night at work and not having to worry if my liner is all over my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2011 8:06:00 AM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THE LOOK OF EYELINER, I HATE HAVING IT ON BECAUSE EVERY.SINGLE. EYELINER I have tried have smudged so badly on me. (even if it initially looks good)

I spend all day swiping my undereye with my fingers because I know it smudges, and in photographs i have some dark circles. :( Here is what I have tried, that let me down.

1) BOBBI BROWN GEL LINER
this was crap. smudges instantly, although i love the intensity

2) MAC FLUID LINE
Ditto.

3) MAYBELLINE 24 HOUR LINER
same. smudges

This one? once you have it on, it STAYS ON. no need to look in the mirror anymore. thank goodness.

Usually, eyeliners make my eyes smaller because it just smudges and it creates a dark undereye for me, but this one enlarges and defines. GOOD JOB . LOVE THIS.

SO IF YOU ARE LIKE ME WHO ARE VERY DISSAPPOINTED IN GEL LINERS, YOU WILL LOVE THIS.

if you thought this was helpful, please vote up. Thank you very much.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Talk about staying power! I mean this stuff will stay on through a nuclear holocaust! And hurricane! A tornado! And this is the only product that I'd ever say has even too much staying power! What sucks about it is that if your lashline touches your lid when it's still wet you're stuck with it unless you got some oil handy. I very rarely do my makeup at home so if I mess up and I dont have oil remover on hand I'm screwed. Or if you've done your eyeshadow all pretty and you get the liner on it, good luck. It's pretty infuriating sometimes though I won't say it's mac's fault. It's definitely user error but for that I does get a 4/5 instead of 5/5. The brush is great. Thin and versatile can create a multitude of widths. I'll definitely say this liner is more so for the more advanced liner enthusiast. Not so much the beginner. Proceed with caution!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by bettybrown

This is a true black liquid liner. Much has been written about its staying power so I won't reiterate except to say that it really does remove easily with oil, but it lasts perfectly through sleeping, swimming, sweating, crying, etc. You have a while to work with it, I would say a good 5-10 seconds, so it is not as if every time you touch your lids you are stuck with the outcome.

I am a busy hausfrau with active kids and a DH with little patience for female-type activities in the bathroom, and was looking for something semi-permanent because I was actually beginning to consider permanent makeup (I know, yikes) due to never having any peace to do makeup in the mornings. I was tired of trying to carefully line my eyes with kids hanging off my legs, and yes, I am vain enough to want to look put together for school drop offs in the early morning. So for me, to be able to apply this at night and then get up and go in the mornings is convenient. (I only line in the lash line so it is not as if I am sleeping on a full eye! I will update if I notice any adverse effects from this!)

I like to line right in my lash line and the brush is too wide, but if you get the MAC 210 brush, it is a cinch to apply. You can clean your brush easily with oil. The 210 is just perfect for making an ultrathin line: strong enough to hold up to pressure, but feathery and light enough to draw a tiny line. The longer handle and thin design make it easy to hold, which is why I am not taking off a lippie for MAC not having a good brush in the eyeliner itself. IMO there is no way they could sell a good brush for this product integrated into the tube!

To me the price is worth it. Unless you use really, really heavy eyeliner, I don't think you'll ever use up this tube. This is really HG material!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by stealurheartxox

I don't know how this liner doesn't have a higher rating!!!! I love this product. I have been using it for about four years. Once you get use to the brush, it is the best liner known to man! I can swim in it, workout or sleep in it. It never irritates my sensitive eyes.

Many people on here have commented that it is hard to remove, but if you use the RIGHT makeup remover it's easy. When I make mistakes or want to remove it, I simply use Neutrogena eye makeup remover (oil-free). This works the same as Lancome's bi-facil for me. It isn't harsh on my eyes and with it, a q-tip can remove this longlasting liner. SIMPLE :o)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Cheddar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I returned this one after trying it about three times, because it is NOT awesome.

It had good staying power and is very black, although I was able to remove it the same day with MAC wipes. However, there was a bit of scrubbing involved which left my eyes kind of irritated. I slept in it one night for testing purposes, and it pretty much stayed on. I love brushes for liquid liner, so I bought Liquidlast because I don't like to order cosmetics online and the closest Sephora is 45 minutes away. Yes, I am impatient! Unfortunately, the Liquidlast brush is pretty much awful; it is too big for a precise line and there were random hairs sticking out all over which led to an extra line above my lash line...lame! Especially when it is so hard to get off. The formula itself is kind of gloppy and inconsistent. Between the brush and the formula this was difficult to work with. It may be workable with a different brush, but if I'm going to have use a different brush for my liner, I might as well try Fluidline.

Anyhow, I will be sticking with Urban Decay, or maybe trying out Fluidline again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by julieanne80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reasearching a liquid liner that would last long without peeling or flaking. Well, in terms of lasting power, this one is off the charts. It stays on so well, it's VERY difficult to get it off. I've been wearing liquid liner for years, so I'm not a rookie, but sometimes I like to fix little imperfections with a q-tip and makeup remover just to get a perfect line, this one however, does not really let me do that, unless I'm lightning fast! It sets very quickly and then you're stuck with what you put down! For this reason I gave it a 3 because I find it a bit low on the user-friendly side, plus I find it kind of pricey for the amount you get. As for color, the black is a really good intense bold black, which is a bonus. So I guess I probably won't repurchase this. My eyes get too raw trying to take it off. The only thing that moves it is oily makeup remover and I can not stand the way that feels on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by NARSaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well what can I say! I picked this up on a whim as i needed a new liquid liner, didn't put much thought into it and just grabbed the first one I saw in MAC. I'm so glad I did! WOW this stuff doesnt budge. I like how thin the brush is, hard to make mistakes and easy to make a thin or a thick line by building it up. This stuff does not smudge or run at all. The only downside is trying to clean it off!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by BeautyMuse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This liner is like CEMENT. It most definitely passes the pool test! You'll be needing baby oil to get this one off because make up remover is not going to do the trick. I find this one goes on a little patchier than the Coco Bar colour but it's not a big deal. It's also a TRUE black colour, no gray or red or blue tone to it. I do wish the brush was a little sturdier but no product is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by msue23

I've gone through 3 bottles of this stuff, I love it so much. I find that I still have to set it sometimes with eyeshadow over top, just so my eyelash curler doesn't chip it off, but even then the chipping is minimal. I wore it on my birthday and I was thoroughly caked in the face. After I cleaned myself off with just some water, it literally looked like nothing happened. I didn't have to make any touch ups at all, and no one could believe it. This stuff is absolutely ridiculous, and worth every penny.

You HAVE to take this off with an oil based remover though. I massage baby oil or olive oil on my face to break it down at the end of the day. Also, I wouldn't recommend using this in a rush. I use a blow drier on a cool setting to speed up the drying time in the morning because it takes so long, but once it's dry it's like cement.