December 22, 2014 | 1825 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Liquidlast Liner - Point Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 7:04:00 AM More reviews by gloomyle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my HG products, layer this on top of pencil eyeliner and BAM my brown eyes pop out. It stays on forever and last a long time. It looks really intense on and does not flake. LOVE LOVE LOVE

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by jgorog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This may sound a bit dramatic but I can honestly say that this liner has been my biggest makeup revelation! I have always had extremely oily eyelids, every single mascara and eyeliner smudges on me within an hour. It doesn't even help to reapply, as my eyelids are already oily by then and the makeup slides right off. It is extremely annoying when I go out or during work when I am always conscious of my makeup wearing off and smudging and I can't even touch my eye for fear of making it worse.
Then I found reviews on Liquidlast. I'm not gonna lie, when I first took it home, the learning curve on this thing was crazy. I would go through at least 10 qtips with waterproof makeup remover to make the lines passably even. I know a lot of reviewers have said they use a different eyeliner brush with it but I have not been able to find a single decent brush where I live! After a month or so, I learned to work with it and the brush it came with. However, it still is not an eyeliner I can use in a rush without getting the qtips involved. But it is COMPLETELY worth it because this liner is pretty much perfect. It will last through crying, sleeping, the apocalypse, etc.
I love this eyeliner, I have repurchased it over 6 times. If MAC ever removes this from their line, I'm pretty sure I would sit down in front of their store and cry my head off until they find me one or ban me. That's how much of a difference this eyeliner has made in my life!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by kristymcn92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite liquid eyeliner I've ever used. It does NOT budge. I put this stuff on my hand four days ago to see how long it would stay, and it's STILL on there, even through showers and handwashing and using chemicals in science class. I love that though, it will not come off until you want it to and will stay pretty much forever until you do something about it. I also love the brush and the formula of the eyeliner, it's very black and you can make a very precise line, as thin or thick as you want it. I've found this to be the only eyeliner I can make a perfect cat eye with. Love love love it, I hope they never discontinue this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by swimfishyfish85

I have super mixed feelings about this product. First of all, I have monolids and NOTHING stays put. This liner keeps its shape and color all day!! The very corners start to smudge a little after literally 10 hours!! My new holy grail! My life long search has ended!!! Even when I wipe my make up off, it is still there! You can ride into war with this stuff on and never have to worry about it!! :-O However, to remove it I have to use make up remover that is entirely oil which I don’t mind but drives some people insane to use. The brush is super long and hard to use because it is very flimsy. I cut it short which helped a lot. Even after shortening it is still hard to use especially on the lower lash line. I have the world’s tiniest lower lashes but they still push the brush around and lining is very hard. The product coats my lower lashes and wiping it off makes a huge mess! Mess ups are nearly impossible to fix and wiping away spots is out of the question! First application has to be perfect. Dry time can be a bit of a wait too so if you are in a hurry, have a back up liner handy. I love using it with my gel liner brush but I have to clean with oil make up remover THEN with soap. Major pain in the fanny. Also, it is super crazy small!! The opening is much like that of a lip gloss. It gets gunky very quickly so I use a q-tip to swab in out. Though I use tons of liner I am sure this will last a while but I paid $17.50 plus $5.95 for shipping!! In conclusion: this is a miracle product sent from God that requires an extremely steady & experienced hand. If smudging liner is the bane of your existence, it is worth making it work! Otherwise, I am sure there are plenty of other options with great quality and are easier to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 7:58:00 AM More reviews by lalilulelo

HG for me
this is the only eyeliner that won't smudge on me
even when i cry, take a shower, or sleeping
like tattoo, i'll definitely purchase this again and again

the only problem with it is the applicator, it's hard to use, and you better prepare make up remover near you when you use it cause when you made mistake, it really hard to erase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by TheRemodeller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG liner! I love liquid liner but whatever I use it always ends up smudging and running near my tear-ducts every time, gel liners are the same. I used to carry q-tips in my purse so I could periodically remove the smudged black.

But this stuff doesn't budge! Its a nice crisp opaque liner. It does take very steady hands and if you haven't worked with liquid liner before I wouldn't recommend it. The brush is as a lot of other reviewers said not ideal but I've learned to work with it, I will usually only load up the very tip of the brush as opposed to the whole thing. A lot of people have difficulty removing it but if you have baby oil or ponds cold cream its easy enough to remove and it comes off just like all the other liquid liners I've used.

It is literally the ONLY liner that works for me! Mac only has point black on their website but if you call them I was able to order coco bar (other colors are available too) which I am soooo looking forward to!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 6:36:00 AM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Excellent no budge liner that is a true black that makes a dream for oily skinned ladies. BUT there are a few things I don't like. I absolutely hate the crappy brush on the applicator! Its too thick, the bristles splay to the side, and it makes a neat application diffiucult. Because this liner is no budge, it sucks having to try to clean up your mistake without messing up the entire line. When it gets on my lashes its almost impossible to remove. I do love that it wears like IRON, this stuff is NOT coming off without a good cleansing oil and even with that you have to put your back into it when scrubbing this off. This is perfect for me to wear at night at work and not having to worry if my liner is all over my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2011 8:06:00 AM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THE LOOK OF EYELINER, I HATE HAVING IT ON BECAUSE EVERY.SINGLE. EYELINER I have tried have smudged so badly on me. (even if it initially looks good)

I spend all day swiping my undereye with my fingers because I know it smudges, and in photographs i have some dark circles. :( Here is what I have tried, that let me down.

1) BOBBI BROWN GEL LINER
this was crap. smudges instantly, although i love the intensity

2) MAC FLUID LINE
Ditto.

3) MAYBELLINE 24 HOUR LINER
same. smudges

This one? once you have it on, it STAYS ON. no need to look in the mirror anymore. thank goodness.

Usually, eyeliners make my eyes smaller because it just smudges and it creates a dark undereye for me, but this one enlarges and defines. GOOD JOB . LOVE THIS.

SO IF YOU ARE LIKE ME WHO ARE VERY DISSAPPOINTED IN GEL LINERS, YOU WILL LOVE THIS.

if you thought this was helpful, please vote up. Thank you very much.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Talk about staying power! I mean this stuff will stay on through a nuclear holocaust! And hurricane! A tornado! And this is the only product that I'd ever say has even too much staying power! What sucks about it is that if your lashline touches your lid when it's still wet you're stuck with it unless you got some oil handy. I very rarely do my makeup at home so if I mess up and I dont have oil remover on hand I'm screwed. Or if you've done your eyeshadow all pretty and you get the liner on it, good luck. It's pretty infuriating sometimes though I won't say it's mac's fault. It's definitely user error but for that I does get a 4/5 instead of 5/5. The brush is great. Thin and versatile can create a multitude of widths. I'll definitely say this liner is more so for the more advanced liner enthusiast. Not so much the beginner. Proceed with caution!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by bettybrown

This is a true black liquid liner. Much has been written about its staying power so I won't reiterate except to say that it really does remove easily with oil, but it lasts perfectly through sleeping, swimming, sweating, crying, etc. You have a while to work with it, I would say a good 5-10 seconds, so it is not as if every time you touch your lids you are stuck with the outcome.

I am a busy hausfrau with active kids and a DH with little patience for female-type activities in the bathroom, and was looking for something semi-permanent because I was actually beginning to consider permanent makeup (I know, yikes) due to never having any peace to do makeup in the mornings. I was tired of trying to carefully line my eyes with kids hanging off my legs, and yes, I am vain enough to want to look put together for school drop offs in the early morning. So for me, to be able to apply this at night and then get up and go in the mornings is convenient. (I only line in the lash line so it is not as if I am sleeping on a full eye! I will update if I notice any adverse effects from this!)

I like to line right in my lash line and the brush is too wide, but if you get the MAC 210 brush, it is a cinch to apply. You can clean your brush easily with oil. The 210 is just perfect for making an ultrathin line: strong enough to hold up to pressure, but feathery and light enough to draw a tiny line. The longer handle and thin design make it easy to hold, which is why I am not taking off a lippie for MAC not having a good brush in the eyeliner itself. IMO there is no way they could sell a good brush for this product integrated into the tube!

To me the price is worth it. Unless you use really, really heavy eyeliner, I don't think you'll ever use up this tube. This is really HG material!