MAC 188 Small Duo Fibre Face brush

4.3

on 1/25/2010 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This brush is absolutely worth the price. Its so soft and applies everything like a dream! I've been primarily using it for my highlighters, but its also great for application of foundation because you get such great control because of the small size. This brush is also perfect for creme blushes. Its definitely a must have in any brush collection

on 1/25/2010 2:51:00 PM

This was one of my first M.A.C. brushes and it's something I would buy over and over again despite the cost. I like this better then the 187 because I find that not only do I have more control with my applications but I use less of my foundation (since the 187 tends to suck up all my foundation!). This brush is a must have!!

on 1/23/2010 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I have 2 one for using with highlighter and the other to use when I put on Studio Sculpt.. I heart this brush it blends well and as long as you keep it clean it should not shed..

on 1/2/2010 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I got this at MAC, and later found it at a CCO for ten dollars cheaper and got another:) This is sooo great for everything on the face, bronzing, foundation, powder, blush, highlighter,and all. I think it provides a flawless, lighthand apllication and is very versatile. For facebrushes all you need is this andmaybe a powder brush for heavier application, but its just so great! Just wash and condition your brushes before you use to ensure they last a long time.

on 12/18/2009 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

At first I regretted that I bought this brush. I couldn't get my foundation (Mac Studio Sculpt) to look good and it shredded like crazy. After experimenting a bit, all I can say is that I love this. This and the MAC 217 are my two favorite brushes. The MAC 188 is my staple when it comes to applying foundation. At first I had some trouble with cakyness when using this, but since I've started using less foundation on the brush it works amazingly well. I use it in swirling or stippling motions depending on my mood and the foundation. My MAC Studio Sculpt applies the best when stippling, but the MAC Face & Body foundation works just as well when applied in swirling motions. Despite being made for foundations it works amazing when used to apply blushes. I just pick some color up with the brush and then swirl it on my cheeks. It looks SO natural!

A common complain when it comes to this brush is that it's hard to clean. I always use my oil cleanser to clean the brushes I use together with cream or liquid products and it works great. The bristles are WHITE after using it and the brush looks brand new!

on 12/12/2009 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love my 188. It's so soft, and the perfect size for my small face. I use it for blush and highlighter, and it's especially useful for very pigmented products. It stands up very well to washing, and hasn't shed at all. I think it's worth the price because I don't know of another duo fiber brush that's this size, and I can't really replace it with any other brush I own. I exchanged the 129 to get this one, and I'm so happy I did.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have very mixed feelings about the 188. On the one hand, it's my favorite brush for highlighting. On the other, most of my highlighters are easily applied with my fingers (my favorite is MAC's Luna Cream Colour Base), so a brush isn't really necessary. It is a very well-constructed brush, I've had minimal shedding and it's very good at blending and giving an airbrushed look. Was it worth the money I paid for the uses I have for it? Probably not. Is it a great brush? Definitely. I think if you use powder-based highlighters this is definitely a good buy, otherwise I think the 187 has a lot more bang for your buck.

on 12/5/2009 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

HG brush for my blush!

on 11/29/2009 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I really didn't like this brush at first. However, I've grown to really like it and use it all the time! I use it to apply blush mainly, but you can use it for a lot more - foundation, highlight, powder etc...I love using this for blush because it allows me to build up and places the perfect amount of colour on my cheeks. Blends very nicely too, and never sheds!

on 11/5/2009 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This brush is a multitasker.
Use can use it for foundation, highlight or blush.
I've tried it for all of those things....
I'd rather use a Sephora #55 for liquid foundation-
But this little wonder is amazing for heavily pigmented blushes.
It's small so you can place color exactly where you want it on your cheeks and it blends really nicely.
The Duo Fiber can help you avoid turning into a discoball with heavily glittered blushes.
I use this brush all the time with my Nars Luster blush...
when I'm done with putting color on my cheeks - I use the same brush to pop a bit of my blush color into my crease - it really ties the look together.

Video Reviews & Tutorials