September 30, 2014 | 1806 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 188 Small Duo Fibre Face brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 12:45:00 PM More reviews by mu5icbtch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I really didn't like this brush at first. However, I've grown to really like it and use it all the time! I use it to apply blush mainly, but you can use it for a lot more - foundation, highlight, powder etc...I love using this for blush because it allows me to build up and places the perfect amount of colour on my cheeks. Blends very nicely too, and never sheds!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by ktdetails

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This brush is a multitasker.
Use can use it for foundation, highlight or blush.
I've tried it for all of those things....
I'd rather use a Sephora #55 for liquid foundation-
But this little wonder is amazing for heavily pigmented blushes.
It's small so you can place color exactly where you want it on your cheeks and it blends really nicely.
The Duo Fiber can help you avoid turning into a discoball with heavily glittered blushes.
I use this brush all the time with my Nars Luster blush...
when I'm done with putting color on my cheeks - I use the same brush to pop a bit of my blush color into my crease - it really ties the look together.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 7:08:00 AM More reviews by khadijanile

great lil brush, magical wonder, i love my 188, i have two 187's one i use for liquid the other for powder. i wasnt sure if i needed the 188 but the reviews it has been getting pushed me to purchase it.

i used it this morning for my tinted moisturiser, where i would usually use my 187... it was a great finish, i cant say its BETTER but for sure you feel like your paying attention to every nick and cranny.

... i have now found that this little brush is great for under eye concealer... i apply concealer under and around my eye using a concealer brush....and blend away with the 187 brush... its magical!!!!

i say yes yes yes to this brush for concealer application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Sayoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The #188 is definately a brush staple it's Very versatile, like most MAC brushes. This brush is great application brush for applying everything: powder, liquid foundation, bronzer, powder and creme blush....It picks up up color really well plus, it allows you to build product as needed. I washed it several times and it hasn't shed which is great.(I hate excessive shedding) I use the 188 so much that I bought another as a back up. I would definately buy this again.

Pros: versitile
Cons: A little costly

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by jennerss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Great little brush for mineralized blushes. It's small enough to fit onto the apples of your cheeks and the white bristles makes it easier to blend out the mineralized product. If used for foundation it is even better because it's small enough to get into the trickiest spots on your fast, like the side of your nose.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2009 3:02:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have both 187 and 188. I love both of them but I think I like 188 better since it is smaller and gives you a more precise application. This is a must have brush, I will definetely get 1 or 2 more 188s to use for different purposes. This baby applies the products well, almost airbrushed, you dont get that layered made up look at all, and the products just blend beautifully with your skin. You have to get some tutoring on how to use the brush though, ask a MAC assistant or watch it on youtube. If you have a heavy hand the results won't be good at all. Technique ladies, is extremely important with any brush, and especially with this one.

***Edit Jan 2011***

Hmmm, it sheds once in a while.. One lippie of for that. But still good brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2009 9:43:00 AM More reviews by shayyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this brush! I will never apply liquid foundation with my fingers again. It really creates a soft, airbrushed look without using a lot of foundation. Yes, it is expensive but will last you a long time if you take care of the brush with regular cleaning. Love it!

edit: although this does work well for liquid foundation, i recently bought the 109 brush from MAC and love that muchh more!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by annabetch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I politely disagree with those who said that this brush is versatile, or it is good for creams....It is NOT. It is only good for powder blushes, because it packs on very lightly. That's about it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by bvan117

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is good for putting on cream blushes and maybe foundation in tight places. But using it for cream blushes, it is great. It could probably pick up more product, but the way this brush applies it, is fantastic!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

This is way too small for blush. The only time I use it is for a duo cream blush that I have from Becca that is too small for any other brush. It is a nice brush, quality-wise, and if you do a lot of contouring, it may be good for that, but i don't, so I am a bit at a loss for what else this will be good for once the Becca is gone.....EDIT I've been using this to apply the Guerlain pressed meteorite powder in Mythic under my eyes. It's really good for that as it is so soft and applies very little. Got the idea from the Benefit under eye powder stuff.