October 25, 2014 | 1707 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Luminous Moisturizing Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2009 1:26:00 PM More reviews by ewmcgrath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i love this product. i am so fair, that i am unable to find foundations that fit my skin tone. however alabaster is the perfect color for me. this foundation is nice and moisturizing, which is great for my dry skin. i do agree that staying isnot great, however i have found that teh use of a primer has eliminated this problem. packaging could be better, but considering this is the first product that i have found that matched my skin and did not make me look like a parched desert, i will take it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2009 8:32:00 AM More reviews by mangopancake88

I have clear normal to dry skin and have been using this formula for about 3 months.

I purchased it in Warm Ivory but found it a little too yellow for my yellow-undertoned skin.

I can’t rave enough about how super-moisturising and nourishing this formula is and the beautiful healthy glow it provides (luminous or dewy finish).

The consistency is smooth and I love how it feels on my skin (like silk) and glides on effortlessly. I don’t mind the scent as it’s not overbearing.

Unfortunately, I will not re-purchase this product for the following reasons:
* Provides Sheer coverage and find it's not very buildable due to the fact it’s so super-moisturising. I would be more inclined to term it a tinted moisturiser.
* Short staying powder (it has the tendency to slide off the skin in patches in a couple of hours max. and looks muddy - looks amazing when first applied though). Therefore a setting powder is needed which defeats the whole purpose if you are wanting to achieve that youthful dewy look.
* Can look cakey if use a setting powder that isn't finely milled
* No SPF
* Expensive
* Poor packaging – glass bottle, no pump dispenser so it’s easy to pour out too much product

I would only recommend this to those who have reasonable clear dry skin and are looking for a good tinted moisturiser. This can also be used in combination with other foundations (perhaps with a heavier one for a better formulation - long lasting, more coverage and moisturising). Further, I'd say this is more suited for winter.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2009 11:24:00 AM More reviews by mhonarkar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a good foundation but it's just above average to me. it does leave your skin looking dewy and gives medium coverage but there's nothing WOW about it. I had bobby brown foundation stick a few years ago and that was a much better product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by 2westies

Foundation is one of those things that is so individual it's hard to take another person's advice, and it's something about which I rarely sing praises. Having said that, Bobbi Brown really nailed this one. In Warm Ivory, it makes my skin— 50+ year old normal to dry with visible pores and a few discolorations— look utterly flawless, even-toned and with a subtle glow. No small acomplishment. It literally glides on and for me, maintains its smooth finish throughout the work day without changing color. Yes it's scented, but it's low-key, clean and pleasant. It outperforms Armani Luminous Silk, and is on a par with my #1 all-time favorite, Armani Face Fabric, and it's more readily available.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2009 6:20:00 AM More reviews by tayntroy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this foundation, i have tried all brands from mac to laura mercier to christian dior and this is the perfect one.

Im am a mac nc 40 and mac foundations tend to go an orangy colour after a few hours.
But with Bobbi brown the colour does not change, it gives a beautiful gorgeous glow to your face.

I put on 2 coats and then dust with some powder and it lasts me all day.

Best foundation ever.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2009 3:26:00 PM More reviews by user1988

Covers nicely but overly dewy, without a setting powder I look shiny and weird.

Update: even with a setting powder the shine comes through within 2 hrs of use. Tried wearing this to work for a 5 hrs and the foundation started separating.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2009 12:29:00 PM More reviews by bravemary

Ok, I thought I found my HG with the oil-free compact foundation, but it was just too dry for my skin, so I moved to this foundation. For me, this is the best of both worlds. It is buildable, not to heavy in the moisture department, and my favorite thing, I don't need a primer and rarely need concealer. I found on areas where I hate my pores, I just pat this on, I don't brush or wipe on. It works amazing, my pores dissapear, this lasts all day. On blemishes I just put a little extra on with a finger and let it set a bit before I use powder. Does not accentuate lines. Actually right when I put it on, I swear I see lines, then they even out. Could be my imagination, I don't really spend a lot of time looking. Love it, can't say enough good about it. Love, Love, Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2009 8:05:00 AM More reviews by nuls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really do like this product. I wear this more if im heading on a night out as it offers more coverage than my usual tinted moisturiser, also bobbi brown, i also really like it!
As i have, for YEARS, battled dry skin i have often found foundations that, for the first while after i have applied it seem to suit my skin well (mac studio fix and studio sculpt among others) until less than hour later the dreaded dry patches have emerged, especially on my cheeks!
This foundation does not do this, and i feel really does offer luminosity, not shininess. It offers me good coverage, although i have quite clear skin anyway, and balances out any discolouration.
I would recommend this to anyone who has dry skin and is looking for a foundation that offers more moisturising properties than other foundations that they have tried

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by hollywoodvixen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was given a sample of this by accident instead of the oil-free fdtn, but I decided to try it out anyway. Wow, not the best idea. This foundation...
- was obviously not friendly with my combination skin and shiny t-zone. The shine broke through almost immediately after I applied it and got continuously worse throughout the day. Too much moisture even for the dry parts of my face
- did not cover well for a medium/full coverage fdtn.
- was nearly all gone by the end of an 8-hour day
- was definitely not a good color match for me (tried it in Natural).
- was not something I would expect from a $40+ product

Bobbi Brown makes amazingly luscious lipliners, but this foundation is a definite no for me. You can't say I didn't try it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 2:41:00 PM More reviews by bestscreennameever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an awesome HG foundation for someone...but that someone is definitely not me. I received a sample of this in Porcelain with one of my purchases from Bobbibrown.com. I am very fair with cool undertones. I wear Camellia in Prescriptives B/R family of shades. BB's Luminous foundation has a thick consistency, and a little goes a long way. It spreads easily across the skin and gives light coverage and a truly luminous finish. The glow/dewiness it imparts looks very natural. The finish definitely lives up to the name. If you have normal to dry skin with no blemishes or major lines, then this foundation will most likely look ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS on you. Personally, I can't think of anyone that fits that criteria, but I'm sure these people exist somewhere. As I have combination skin with major breakouts currently (due to giving birth 11 weeks ago), this foundation looks awful on me--except on my forehead, lol. This foundation provides pretty much NO coverage for zits. The shade Porcelain is a decent shade for those of us that are very fair, though I am interested in trying Bobbi Brown's Alabaster shades as well. It doesn't feel greasy or oily in my opinion, but it does leave skin feeling moisturized--you can definitely feel that you are wearing foundation, but it doesn't necessarily feel "heavy".