December 19, 2014 | 1572 users online

Deodorants - Crystal - Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try something natural as I'm increasingly finding that chemical anti-perspirants/deodorants are losing their effectiveness on me. I started out by applying this every night after a shower and in the morning. Although the day would start off stinkless, I'd be smelly after walking to walk so at the beginning, I also had to use a natural scented deodorant to cover the smell. Luckily, I made the change to natural during winter when I don't sweat or smell as much so it could've been much worse. However, once my body adjusted after 1-2 weeks, I used the crystal alone and found that although I sweated a lot, the sweat was completely odourless. This was therefore only effective as a deodorant, not an antiperspirant.

It was great not having to use chemicals and have unstained clothes although the process of applying the crystal was inconvenient. For me, the key was to apply it across a wide expanse of the underarm and to swipe it a LOT - approx 100 times under each arm. (I also tried the crystal spray, but I don't recommend it as it takes forever to dry, if at all and I'd end up wiping it off since it took so long).

The crystal is great for cool weather, but now that it's warmed up, I've stopped using it to avoid embarrassing wet patches under my arms.I might go back to using this in winter if I can be bothered, but I'd love to know of a natural solution to wet patches so that I can use this all year-round.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by mochaholic

I don't sweat much, since I sit in an office all day, so I wanted a natural deodorant instead of a chemically antiperspirant and it seems to work pretty good. I also use this to treat minor cystic acne on my face; if I apply it soon after I first notice a break-out, it seems to speed up the healing process better than any other topical treatment I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by preeti6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT--for my feet! Let me start by saying that I have REALLY sweaty feet, which makes for really smelly feet. I love cute shoes, but a lot of them unfortunately have synthetic lining which really doesn't allow your feet to breathe. The crystal is not supposed to stop sweating, but just makes an unhappy environment for the bacteria that come with sweat...so you may still sweat (though I think it has reduced the sweat for me too), but at least it won't smell. This product adds another 5 minutes to my morning routine, but it is worth it to be able to take my shoes off at the end of the day without worrying about the smell. Not to mention, once smelly feet are in shoes once, the bactreia stays there forever. I love this stuff, and it lasts a long time. I do think it may dry my feet out a little. Here's my tip for application: spray the area with a water spray bottle, and then rub the crystal stick on there, and air dry (or wave those cardboard magazine inserts in a fanning motion to dry faster)!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by dawnwfoster

This deodorant made my skin red, irritated, peely (weird!), and made my armpits feel very dry and tight. After a couple weeks of use the deodorant stick developed an odd smell and would transfer the smell to my clean underarms. I don't know where the smell came from, as I only applied it to clean skin. The water that dripped onto my bathroom counter during the application process dried up and left gritty stuff all over. Applying the deodorant made my skin sting and burn horribly. I will never use this stuff again. I have gone back to using my trusty Dove deodorant while I continue the search for a good natural deodorant.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2009 4:15:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this deoderant off and on for several years, since I decided to start using non-aluminum deoderant. It works pretty well, although putting it on is kind of a hassle since you have to wet the salt, roll it on your underarms and then wait for them to dry. The salt starts to break down in the packaging after awhile, causing the stick to crumble and break. It is a fairly effective deoderant, though not ideal. I prefer the liquid version of this deoderant by the same company, but Kiss My Face natural deoderant works better than either of these, imo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first I was scared to use this. I took a shower, swiped this on at night, and in the morning hoped for the worse. But when I woke up in the morning and started to do some errands, I noticed I was not sweating and there was no bad odor permeating out from my armpits. Pleasantly surprised since this is simply salt. If you are searching for an alternative to drugstore deodorants, this is it. Works better for me on clean armpits first, as opposed to just applying when I am already sweating, so I recommend applying at night if it doesn't work for you at first.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by lookabbycat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It works. Its all natural. It will last FOREVER. I've been using this deodorant for about a year now and it doesn't even look like I've made a dent in it. It doesn't keep you from perspiring so on occasion I will use an antiperspirant instead, but overall I prefer using a crystal stick deodorant.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2009 10:09:00 AM More reviews by sneezie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this deodorant for about 4 months now, and I love it! In the beginning I was a little wary, thinking it wouldn't work, but it's been fantastic. After showering at night, I just swipe it onto still damp skin, maybe 40 times under each arm, and it holds up until my next shower. It's been doing great in the high heat and humidity, even after hiking all day. I do like how it allows me to sweat, which is one thing I never liked about the usual antiperspirant/deodorants I was so used to before. I do suggest you try it, but do make sure you apply enough.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2009 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Briannasmama2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Horrible product. It made me breakout in huge welts. Will never use again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Ribbly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't been using this product for a terribly long time, but I've found that, while it doesn't irritate my skin as some other people have mentioned, it doesn't always work that well. I don't know why, but some days it works like a charm, and others, it just doesn't. It's weird because it doesn't seem to matter how much I perspire- I have worn it on very hot days and I've been fine- so I'm kind of baffled. Anyway, it lasts a long time, it is fragrance free which I always prefer, and I just think it's kind of cool. If only it worked 100% of the time though!