April 20, 2014 | 1009 users online

Deodorants - Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Ribbly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't been using this product for a terribly long time, but I've found that, while it doesn't irritate my skin as some other people have mentioned, it doesn't always work that well. I don't know why, but some days it works like a charm, and others, it just doesn't. It's weird because it doesn't seem to matter how much I perspire- I have worn it on very hot days and I've been fine- so I'm kind of baffled. Anyway, it lasts a long time, it is fragrance free which I always prefer, and I just think it's kind of cool. If only it worked 100% of the time though!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2009 10:18:00 AM More reviews by jerseycindy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just wanted to mention in advance that I have some sensitivity issues with this product which is the only reason I took off a lippie.

Other than that, this product is nothing short of amazing. I don't like the idea of plugging up my sweat glands with a plasticky slick of anti-perspirant, so I was excited to read that this product actually works. And a I discovered, it works much BETTER than any deodorant I have ever used. I put this on right after my morning shower and regardless of how hot it is during the day, my underarms smell like nothing - and I mean absolutely nothing - at the end of the day.

As I mentioned though, I do have sensitive skin so after a few days I usually have to take a break from it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by armaclin041584

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is the best! I have seen this in the stores for years but always looked over it thinking nothing of it. But now, I am very interested in going organic/natural with all of my beauty products and toiletries and I made my move.
At first I was hesitant because regular deodorants/antiperspirants usually do not work for me. The only one that has been working for me for years is Mitchum. But then I was realizing how bad regular deodorant is for my body on top of how un-natural it is to prevent myself from sweating and bought the crystal stick! It is easy to use and does not sting after I shave which is a plus. I have not had an issue with my underarm being sticky either and I swipe under each arm about 10 times. I have not had any issue with the stick smelling either because I only apply to clean skin. I find that the price is right if it can last around a year. And even if it doesn't, I will still be satisfied buying one twice a year. The pros is my opinion out ways the cons. The only reason I will ever where an antiperspirant is if I do not want to "pit out" a nice shirt one day:P

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2009 2:23:00 PM More reviews by lisa01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this after because any type of regular deodorant/anti-antiperspirant (like lady speedstick, ect) causes my skin to become very itchy beyond belief, peel and they become very inflamed and irritated. I went to the store, asked for help and this is what I was recommended. I was skeptical of it at first, because I am terrified of having body odor but to my surprise this product is wonderful. It may take a little more effort to apply than using a regular deodorant, but if your skin does the same as mine did it is really worth the extra effort. I don't have any irritation or peeling, and most important of all I DO NOT get body odor and it doesn't feel like you have anything on at all. Just make sure you apply it to CLEAN skin, and you MUST apply it wet or it will not work.
This is really worth it, even just to try it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2009 4:48:00 AM More reviews by barkercakes

Doesnt smell pretty, but does make me not smell bad. And it doesn't freak me out to use it. So I will keep buying it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 10:39:00 AM More reviews by besidetheocean

I've been using this to treat acne after reading a post about it on acne.org. It seems to be working very well so far! Apparently the mineral salts in the deodorant stick kill the bacteria on skin that causes acne. I just apply it after I wash my face at night. It hasn't dried my skin out at all, but it was very oily to begin with. Anyone with stubborn acne should give this a try (not as a preventative, but a treatment). I found the crystal at Walgreens. It's all natural so I would much rather use it than any harsh chemicals.
UPDATE: This was too irritating to use on my face but it seems to be working for my chest and back.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't use this stuff but one time when I couldn't find my deodorant I used it cause my sister uses it and I was pleasantly surprised! It acted almost like an anti-persperant without the harmful ingredients. Kept me from smelling, without adding any perfume. I imagine it would be great for sensitive girls since it's so natural and perfume free etc. If you're having a hard time with anti-persperants, give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 10:16:00 PM More reviews by HippieMama

I have always had trouble finding the right deodorant because I am allergic to most. The all tend to cause my arm pits to burn or break out in little bumpies. I've even tried going with out deodorant because I think the body is meant to perspire and regular sticks prevent that. SO..I was pleased to discover this product a few weeks ago. I love it. It allows my arm pits to sweat but prevents them from smelling. And it lasts all day.Yay!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by shyviolet

After being let down by Tom's of Maine and other natural deodorants, I had no hope for this. When I saw that it was not scented, I definitely thought it wouldn't work. Shockingly, it works. You need to start off clean, wet the crystal and rub it under your arms using many more strokes than you would with a regular deodorant. I do it 100x but really fast so the whole thing only takes a few minutes. I was waiting for summer to review this but even when I am out sweating in the sun it works.

I am constantly checking to make sure this is still working during the days and it has not let me down yet. Even though this works great, I might use a regular deoderant if I was going to go out dancing all night. Maybe if it was scented I would be even more confident in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2009 12:39:00 PM More reviews by retrokitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is pretty much the best thing out there for going natural with deodarant. All it is made up of, is salt. All natural and no harsh chemicals. These are BIG in Europe and pretty much all they use. If you sweat a lot, It really wont control your sweating but it will control BO. I have used them off and on and had days were I felt nothing but stickiness and other days were it seemed to work fine. It's a love/hate relationship for me. I don't sweat a lot so it seems to be ok. But I HATE the sticky feeling! So I apply powder over it. Sort of defeats the purpose of clogging the pores, but if you use lotions, sunscreens, self tanners, etc you are already clogging your pores anyways. it's pretty much hard to avoid. I just like the fact that it doesn't contain chemicals. My hubby uses one all the time and swears by it and he's a man and sweats ALOT! And I rarely smell BO. So, there ya go!