September 30, 2014 | 1002 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by risababy

I've been using this mask on and off for years and years now. My skin is dry-combination: extremely dry and flaky in patches during the Winter and slightly oily in my t-zone during the Summer. I get a few pimples here and there from my period or a product, but it's pretty easy to deal with most of the time.
I love this mask, needless to say! I use as high of a percentage of fat that I can find. Usually it is either the 3% fat (in a green tub) or the Balkan style, both by Astro. Sometimes it is on sale for $2 at Wal-Mart (that's when I strike! Ahahaha.) Lately, I've been using it in combination with lemon juice as well. After a shower, I bundle up my hair in a towel to get it out of the way and to absorb the water. Then, I cut a small piece of lemon, rub it all over my face and neck and apply yogurt on top wherever I just applied the lemon. The lemon does sting slightly, so I don't recommend it for sensitive skin. But after a steamy warm shower, your pores are open and the yogurt just cools it down and soothes your skin so nicely. After I put it on, I chill on my bed, watch an episode of a show I am currently into (around 20 minutes) then I wash it off! I usually apply bio-oil after to lock in moisture.
I am pretty lazy, so I love multi-purpose masks. The lemon disinfects and cleanses impurities. The vitamin c also works to brighten dark spots, my acne scarring and discolouration. The lactic acid in the yogurt is a good but gentle exfoliant. And the reasons I chose a higher fat yogurt is because a) it stays on your face better with less dripping and b) the fat is what nourishes and moisturizes your skin, giving it the "plump" effect. Read the ingredients, however. Beware of ingredients like cornstarch or pectin, which are just thickeners added to milk to coagulate it. That's not real yogurt and will not do the same thing!
Add what works for your skin. I've never tried Greek yogurt or adding honey or oatmeal. But if that works for you, stick with it! I love my lemon-yogurt mask. It's cheap and one purchase will last you a while which makes my student-loan wallet quite happy. I've used it in all seasons and I am happy to say that this is a happy and committed relationship that I'm sure will last for years.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by fictionalize

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've only just taken my first yogurt mask off, and I have to say--I'm impressed. Really impressed. I have a lot of acne scars, some spots, and pretty awful pores. The mask, which I left on for about 20 minutes, has made my skin noticeably smoother and tighter. I have sensitive skin and I didn't notice any unpleasantness or rashes. It feels, and looks, for lack of a better expression, more "hd". It seems to have calmed my spots a little but I don't see much difference to my scars yet. I will definitely use this tomorrow and will try and update again after consist use.

Edit on 10/08/2012

My skin is sensitive, dehydrated but oily, acne-prone and scarred from acne. This mask has helped improve my skin's condition enormously.

I've used this every few days since I first tried it, and though it didn't really help a hormonal cystic breakout I had, it is *really* helping the hyper pigmentation from that breakout! This is amazing stuff. I use full-fat homemade yogurt because that's what I have in the house, and if it's a bit too runny I just add a quarter of a banana to help it stick. I leave it on for a while, probably usually between 20 and 40 minutes, and it makes an amazing difference. It leaves a bit of a residue but I don't scrub it off because I feel it is good for my dehydrated skin. If you don't like it, though, I'm sure it's possible to get rid of it. My mother (53) has very oily skin that is beautiful in texture but has some pretty bad hyperpigmentation. She has also used it a few times (less often than me, because she's not nearly as vain), and it has improved her skin's pigmentation issues and she says it tightens her pores a lot!

I've read a bunch of reviews here that are quite finicky about the type of yogurt to use, and frankly, I think any plain yogurt will do. My skin is oily but I still use full-fat and it works fine. Part of the beauty of this mask is that you can do it without going to any trouble if you have yogurt in the house, which I always do. It's messy but there is no fuss, and it's super cheap! And it really improves the condition of your skin. It tingles a bit when first applied and sometimes I'm worried it will irritate my sensitive skin, but so far it hasn't at all.

This mask is cheap, easy, diy, and very effective. You should really try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Precila101

I have the world's ugliest breakouts all over my nose, only the bottom portion though, There's even this whitehead sticking out from the tip of my nose, and it looks SOOOOO hideous!!! But I did the yogurt facial mask and it works wonders! The blemishes over my nose decreased in size and the zits look about ready to be popped. The smell kinds grossed me out for the 10 minutes the facial mask was on, but it was worth it. After rinsing my face clean, I also noticed a little whitening effect on my skin, probably due to the lactic acid in the yogurt. My skin feels softer and smoother, not at all oily and shiny. It really reduces pore size, one of the main reasons why I tried this mask in the first place. Eating yogurt also has a lot of positive benefits, such as reducing the chances of osteoporosis, a ton of calcium in it, and it's really healthy!! However, I only use the fat free yogurt because the flavored ones might cause more breakouts. It doesn't leave a film behind on my face. But this mask is really recommended for those with oily skin! Girls with dry skin can try this, but don't leave on face for more than 10 minutes, it may do more harm than good. Other than that, yogurt facial masks will always be included into my beauty regimen from this day on. It works like magic!
*UPDATE*:
So, it's been 18 days, and I used the yogurt face mask for a whole week, three times per day, and I would just like to say, my skin is more healthier, more clearer, and less oily. My acne has cleared up by more than 50%, seriously! Now, I feel so much better, and so does my skin. I even apply yogurt to my hair, and the results are fantastic! My hair turned from curly-ish/wavy to more straighter waves, and my highlights are like, popping! I am also running my hands through my hair, it feels soooooo soft!!!!! Yogurt is amazing!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by TaniitaTania

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I Love this Yogurt mask!! <3 I use Greek Yogurt "Fage" and add turmeric powder and it works great! I been suffering from acne the past 2 yrs and i have tried everything ,,.,believe me, the natural the better ,.,thing is you have to be constant with this natural regimen,., use this yogurt/turmeric mask everyday if you have skin problems, this won't irritate or dry out your skin on the contrary it will keep your skin smoothe ,moisturized, and with a much clearer complexion ,., thing i like about the yogurt is that if you have dry skin it moisturizes your skin and if you have oily skin it gets rid of the excess oil ,.,I have oily skin and the yogurt really controls the excess oils ,.,Yogurt masks keeps the PH balance of your skin . It also contains lactic acid which is good for acne ,scars and wrinkles .I notice i don't have to wear much makeup any more i just use concealer on like four acne scars and just put powder only where i put the concealer.,., Try It! your skin will thank you ^.^

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by preeti33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow wow wow! Cant praise it enough. It work wonders for dry hair and my scarred skin. I add honey to it and apply both to my hair and face. Since my hair is dry, I leave it on as much as I can but min 1 hour. And since my skin is oily, I leave it on my face for couple of min. It just absolutely wows me everytime I use it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 7:15:00 AM More reviews by shereenmohsen

this mask works for every one except me
every time I use it I found my normal skin oily & after it dries
on my skin I found I dry flakes which it difficult to remove
also do not like the smell

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 6:25:00 AM More reviews by ShannonEmily123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

To anyone reading this review,you have to try this! It is a dirt cheap miracle!

After reading countless remedies to reduce my facial redness and minimal scarring on my nose,cheeks and chin i came across this yogurt mask. I also needed a moisturizing mask after over washing my face which left my usually oily skin dry,red and sore. At first i didn't think much of this; a cheap mask with sour smelling yogurt? No thanks. But i was desperate,so i went out and bought a tub of Onken Natural Yogurt (no artificial colors,preservatives or flavors)

First putting it on was very unpleasant. It stung my dry,sore face but after 5 minutes the stinging went away. I left on for 45 minutes then washed off with lukewarm water. The results wasn't dramatic,it had reduced my redness,but only temporarily. It did leave my face glowing though,and left my face a little moisturized.

I woke up and an existing spot i had had reduced so much,but a new one had formed! A big red angry one. I was so dissapointed but i did try again. I washed it off and the redness had gone,the next morning my skin tone was so even and scarring had faded so much! It is making me come out in spots though,but i suspect it is because i had already had clogged pores,it was just cleaning them out therefore forming spots.

it is such a miracle mask,try it and if it doesn't work for you,your not exactly breaking the bank!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by dietgrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just did my first yogurt mask today using just plain non-fat yogurt and left it on for about 30 minutes because I was afraid this wasn't going to be strong. Boy was I wrong!

After washing it off, my face was bright red, which is pretty siginifcant since I have tan Indian skin. My face occasionally turns slightly pink in some areas if I leave an AHA peel on for a bit too long, but this time I went *red* and on parts of my face that normally never turn pink. My face does not feel raw or overstripped, though, and it never stung while it was on.

tl;dr: The Lactic Acid in here is potent, so watch the timing and don't do this if you plan on going out afterward. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by jooelze

This is the best treatment I have found for my acne and I have been on several prescription medications for acne including differin. You need to make sure you buy full fat yogurt, which can be hard to find (Organic and health food stores are more likely to have it). I use the brand Greek Gods. You have to rub it into your face for about a minute and then let it sit for about ten minutes and then wash it off. don't leave it on for too long (more than 30 minutes or so) you will cause facial redness.
Best acne treatment ever. So much better than anything you will ever find in a tube at the drug store. And trust me, I have tried them all.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by lcoffta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am writing this not as a review, but as more of a disclaimer on the yogurt mask. First and foremost, this is nothing short of a miracle for sensitive skin. It exfoliates, it lightens, it brightens, and it tightens (didn't intend for that rhyming there, haha). While preeeetty much all chemical products that exfoliate are too harsh for my skin, the lactic acid in yogurt is absolutely perfect. Now, here's when the issue comes in-- a LOT of people on here only complain about yogurt because it makes them "break out." It isn't making you break out, it is making you PURGE. I know, I know. I never believed it either. But think about it-- people that use face masks and DON'T break out are the ones with perfect skin anyways. People with trouble skin and clogged pores to begin with are the people that break out after using clay masks, scrubs, and the like. Why? BECAUSE THEIR SKIN IS CLOGGED. When you exfoliate, you uncover the layer of skin over your pores/pimples and expose it to the air, making it more visible and/or the clog come to the surface. I know this because I was there. I tried yogurt for a week, and loved how soft my skin was and how the clear parts glowed. However, I got a few pimples, and some existing ones seemed to get a bit more inflamed. After a week or so, I gave up. Enough, right? No. I didn't exfoliate at all after that. My skin was dry and flaky because I hadn't exfoliated EVER except on patches with a washcloth. I was too scared! Within that time though, my face was clearing up really nicely because I was only washing once a day with honey (a whole different story) and my pores weren't nearly as clogged and open. I came back to the yogurt. Guess what? My skin is THE CLEAREST IT HAS BEEN SINCE HIGH SCHOOL. I am 25. Yogurt has exfoliated gently, softened my skin, lightened my scars, firmed my skin, and has cleared up ANY EXISTING CLOGGED PORES I had because I let it work. Thankfully I didn't have many, so it wasn't a big deal. Even if you do, and you find yourself getting "pimples" from yogurt, they were already there. It is a sign that your skin is renewing itself and getting rid of all the crap that still sits in your pores. Don't give up on yogurt because you have a few new crop up. Give it a genuine 2-3 weeks and I guarantee you'll see results! This product could easily have a 4.8 if it weren't for those who gave up too soon!

33 out of 37 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No