Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad

3.0

on 10/21/2009 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought two of these, Wild Orchids and Moonlit Jewels at a BOGO sale, because the colors were nice and they were inexpensive. I tried them first as eyeshadow by themselves (and I used eye primer to make sure they stayed put). It looked great going on, but as soon as I moved around and blinked a lot, it creased like crazy. I don't even know if I would want to use them as a base since I have white and creme bases that work better to bring out colors more vividly. I won't buy again, but I'll keep the ones I have just to play around with.
Edit: I've just tried and will review Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner, and what a difference. Now, these seem greasy. I've taken away a lippie because I've had more to compare.

on 10/13/2009 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pros:

-wonderful color selection
-colors in quad compliment each other nicely
-often on sale
-good color payoff

Cons:

-creases like it's nobody's business!

Overall, I will not be repurchasing.

on 10/13/2009 10:14:00 PM

I bought these to use as a base, and I was very disappointed. The colors looked great on their own and made my eyeshadow look more vibrant when I applied them initially, but within minutes they creased worse than anything I've ever tried before. The creasing negated any of the positive effects for me. I definitely would not buy these again.

on 10/11/2009 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this, but the only bad thing about this product is that it creases!!! I use this as a base, so my powdered shadows can stick on and create a more vibrant color. But this creases with most likely 1 to 2 hours. I use my fingers to apply this, or a stiff brush sometimes. I wouldn't buy this again, considering how it creases and some of the colors are not as vibrant when applied.

on 10/4/2009 3:29:00 AM

I really want to like this and I do, it's a great idea to have creme-based shadow.. it should last longer and look more natural.

I use my fingers to apply this and it looks really good, but then it creases really easy - even when I use a matte powder over my eyelids to try and keep it long-lasting.

So, overall, the colors are nice and it's really decent but I think this works better as a base.

on 9/27/2009 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been curious about this product for a while, and finally picked it up to try at Walmart for under $4. I have to say that everything, both good and bad about this product has been mentioned in previous reviews. First of all, it really is not suitable for use by itself as a creme shadow alone. There is virtually no color payoff, and any attempt to build up the product leaves you with a cakey mess. IMHO, this is best used in a thin layer applied with your finger as a color base. As others have noted, you really can't use a brush with this and get an even application. When used as a color base in a thin layer, it's actually not bad, but it does leave a slightly greasy appearance, even when covered with a powder shadow. I am a regular user of MAC paint pot, which leaves a non-greasy finish. This really isn't a bad thing, depending on whether you like the "dewey" look or not. However, powder shadow is not as easy to blend over this product, and if you don't use a thin layer, it is very easy for the powder shadow to cake-up and look terrible. Overall, it isn't an absolutely horrible product, but for me, it's worth sticking to MAC Paint Pot, which I find is easier to work with, without a greasy appearance.

on 9/19/2009 3:15:00 PM

This will crease no matter how much urban decay primer potion or too faced shadow insurance you put on...It creases in like 2 hours. And it looks terrible when it creases. I should have never bought this! I used it as a base for the eyeshadow I put on top and it made the whole thing crease. I wasn't sure it was the revlon illuminance that was creasing or my actual eye shadow, so I used it alone- and it creased just as much. Then used eye shadow without it- I had no problem with any creasing the whole day.

on 9/4/2009 7:09:00 AM

Yup, creases.

on 9/4/2009 6:20:00 AM

I give Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow a really high score as a eye shadow primer!! I was surprised with the average reviews on this product, but maybe as a eyeshadow alone it is not enough, but as a primer is the really great to enhance the eye shadow that you put on top of it.

So I highly recommend anyone getting it. I'm on my 2nd set of "Seashells" which is all neutral beige/white/tan/peach colors. But I know people that buy the colored ones like purple or blue and then put lilac over it and it looks great too. Great product, variety of colors, drug store brand so not ridiculously expensive.

on 8/31/2009 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Beautiful colors. Crease like crazy on my normal lids.