October 30, 2014 | 1608 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 5:48:00 AM More reviews by PetaDeLa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great highlighter, very soft looking. I also use it as a brow bone highlighter. Lovely colour, really compliments my NC25 skin.

Stays on all day. Blends really well over foundation. Doesn't do that over sparkle look that most highlighters do.

Very impressed, definitely my staple highlighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by mangueframboise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this highlighter! However, it is quite yellow/golden even if its white in the pan. I love the effect that it has on me if applied sparingly but I'm sure that it would not suit everyone. It blends and applies beautifully and the quality of the product is good (I apply with an eyeshadow blending brush). A little goes a long way so I'm sure that it will take a while before I hit the pan.
Also, I'm quite happy that the shimmer isn't too noticeable. The final result is a nice glowy golden light that looks very pretty and natural if applied correctly.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Jen25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow... I was really let down with this one. Consistency, texture and packaging were great, but the color is horrible. A pale chalk-yellow with a touch of shimmer. Made my skin look way too yellow... like I powdered myself with that old nasty pale yellow chalk from high school + shimmer. Not sure who this color would look good on. Really I was left scratching my head on this one. I'll stick to my MAC MSF in Soft-n-Gentle.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 7:20:00 AM More reviews by rangers30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not only is this an excellent highlighter, it also makes a beautiful eyeshadow! I wear Albatross on my eyes in gold looks or alone as a shimmery wash along with a red lip. It imparts the most beautiful golden sheen. It lasts upwards of 8 hours on my cheeks, even in the heat of summer. On my cool toned skin it looks lovely, despite comments that it can be look over done. Using a stippling brush like the MAC 188, I can get a light dusting without looking fake. One of my favorite things to do is put it on my cupidís bow and the inner corners of my eyes. The highlighter has a million uses! This and the Copacabana Multiple are my HG highlighters.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by SCHAVDA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best highlighters I've come across. It is an off White colour in the pan but completely tranforms when you put in on the skin. It turns into a pale yellow gold colour that looks subtle but beautiful. It can be used on top of cheekbones, under the brow and anywhere else that needs highlighting. It adds a sheen to the skin that looks like it comes from within. It is expensive but totally worth it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by ExoticDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore my NARS Albatross highlighter. It is perfect for giving me a warm golden glow! One of the cosmetic products that I cannot do without.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by mmaryy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this highlighter! it gives me the perfect glow whenever I need it. In my opinion, it has this beautiful light gold color to brighten you up and make heads turn. I receive compliments every time I use Nars Albatross! No complaints, highly recommended and the price is worth it due to the quality, will purchase again when I run out but that won't be for awhile, small package but a little goes a long way, be gentle when applying, you don't want to be glowing too much ;-)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Gandhilama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this highlighter thinking it would suit me well since I have a warm skintone but heck no. This would only work during the night because the sheen is so heavily gold reflected. I`ve had mine for 8 months and have only used it 3 times max. It was a waste of money. I bought the ELF Gotta Glow dupe just to see how it compared. Honestly, for $3 you can get the same exaggerated look so might as well...

Overall: Overpriced, not worth the money, not worth my time. It sits in the makeup drawer collecting dust. I prefer to use my Hard Candy blush in Honeymoon over this any day.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by cinderelka90

I originally swatched this highlighter onto my cheeks at Sephora. I was really impressed with the way it had a strong sheen without any noticeable glitter. The only thing is that once I actually got it and used it a few times, I find it to be faaaar too yellow toned for my skin. I think this would be a great highlighter when I'm very tanned or for my warmer skin toned friends but I'm gonna try out kevyn auicoin candlelight next because I hear its just sheen without any color. Albatross definitely has color that is pretty yellow so just beware! Needless to say, use a light hand either way! *update: yep def Kevyn Aucoin for me! Candlelight is perfect!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by LadyKolie

Skin tone and Type: nc/nw 07-10 or Nars Mont Blanc (currently August) or Kat Von D Lock-it (42/44 mix currently August). I have Acne prone, extremely sensitive, combination, oily skin. I have a lot of topical and internal allergies/ intolerances.

So I will honestly say I think I am being a little bit of a product whore. I don't think everything Nars does in amazing, but I do find myself liking most of their product line over a lot of other companies. Their prices hurt though. So when I pick something up from Nars, I make sure I only want it in that shade until I have used it all up.

I have tried a couple different highlighters, mostly in a liquidy type form, and I wanted to like them, but they seems tacky as they dried. They also wore down a little weird. They wouldn't fade or rub off, they would sort of cake and smudge in a ripple like fashion on my skin. So I was in the market looking for an actual powder highlighter. Also I think this is helpful to use more powders than creams if you have an oily skin type. It is my opinion take it with a grain of salt.
It does look a little golden on, but I find that yellowish and champagne tone compliment my skin tone unlike pink highlighters.

Now to review the actual product. If you have never used a Nars powder blush before, then you are in for a treat. They apply smoothly. They are finely milled and pigmented. They blend extremely well. I love the simple matte black packaging, that kind of packaging attracts me. As a for this highlighter, I really love it. It has a nice smooth shimmer. The color works well for my skin tone a little goldeny, I just have to be careful how much I put on. It is a little hard to see since I am pale, and a little goes a long way. I can trust if I have put it on using a bathroom mirror, and I cannot see it, then that is plenty. If I can see it, I know I have put too much on. I wore this recently to an event, and I was complimented multiple times on how much happier and glowier I /my skin seemed.

A fun trick, use a damp brush to apply your highlight and blush where you normally do then blend, once dry/soaked in, apply the same blush and highlighter as a powder with a powder brush. This will give you a longer lasting blush/highlight but it will also intensify the color and pop of the blush and highlight. It is a nice trick if you have oily skin and have difficulty with creams.

::EDIT 11/08/2012:: I love the color of this I mean really it is a wonderful highlighter in my opinion, But some how I missed that it contains Bismuth Oxychloride. It isn't enough to actually make me itch, but it is enough to cause my skin to break out exactly where I put this. :/ Taking off one lip for this reason. I am also parting with the blushes that I love. Damn you Bismuth, damn you.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No