BeneFit Cosmetics Lip Plump

2.3

on 2/20/2008 7:10:00 AM

Thank God I bought the Realness of Concealness kit few days ago otherwise I would never have considered purchasing something like this.
That being said, I totally agree w/Kaori7: misleading name. Lip Plump doesn't really plump your lips but it works heavenly as a l/s primer. As a matter of fact, it moisturizes my lips, makes the l/s stay put on for hours and helps me to get the Angelina Jolie's nude matte color I've been searching for so long. So, how could I ask for more?

on 2/6/2008 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I found this product to be poor. It did not plump my lips at all. I don't know if this is because my lips are reasonably full already, but i did not see any noticeable difference with this product. The only difference with this product, compared to other lip plumping products was that it didn't sting when applied. Perhaps it would make a good lipstick base, but definitely not worth spending on this if plump lips is what you're after.

on 2/2/2008 6:12:00 PM

I got a mini in the realness of concealness set. It was the one thing in the kit that I thought I wouldn't actually end up using & I actually love it! I have been searching for months for the right tool to give me a nude Jennifer Lopez/Angelina Jolie lip & this delivered. It wiped out the color of my red pigmented lips allowing me to just swipe some nude gloss & viola! It also filled in the lines on my lips, letting the gloss go on smoothly & it was a great base to help my lip gloss stay on for hrs. I will definitely buy it again when I run out of the mini.

on 1/30/2008 10:07:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I am not sure if this product didn't work for me because I wasn't using it properly, or simply because it wasn't fulfilling its described intent. Lip Plump did nothing for me whatsoever. By itself the colour was unflattering on me (too matt beige on my very pale skin). Even with other lip colours on top, it didn't show any special effects. The only good thing I found in this product is that it didn't sting my lips like most other plumping lip treatments. However, I am certain that there are better working products out there.

on 1/24/2008 5:07:00 AM

Personally, I really like this product. I hate the type of lip plumpers that sting you. Firstly, its an uncomfortable feeling (I hate to think what type of chemicals they have to put in there to make the product tingle). Secondly, they make my lips look unnatural, as they are quite full anyway, and usually too glossy.
That's why I like this product. It's matte, a pretty colour, and plumps your lips very visibly, without giving you adult-film star lips. It's a great primer for lipstick and fills in the lines on my lips.
The only drawback is that if you want to wear it with just a light lipgloss on top, the colour can collect in just the lines, so if you're not careful just can end up with thin, beige, vertical stripes on your lips. But if you use lipbalm instead that doesn't really happen.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am pretty surprised by the negative reviews. I think this works pretty well. Its not the most amazing plumper like the ones out that sting your lips, but it definately make my lips plumper and look fuller because it fills in the lines, and it really helps my lipstick stay. It works better if you wait for it to dry a little bit then apply your lipstick. I think it looks great with benefit's sugar cookie lipstick. I personally like this product and will most likely buy it again, unless i decide i want to try something new because i do that a lot.

on 1/13/2008 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

You don't really need this, it shows through lipstick and makes me look a bit old when I put it on. Not useful.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this over a year ago. I was in Sephora with some friends and I put this on with a red lipgloss over it. I thought my lips were amazing looking so I went back and paid the $20 for it. The problem was finding the lipgloss to go over it!! You need something with a lot of pigment so the tan color does not show thru. If you want lip plumper buy a colored gloss that plumps maybe one from Too Faced.

on 12/27/2007 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I give this a high rating not because it does a good job as a lip plumper, because quite frankly, it does not plump your lips. BUT it is a GREAT neutral lip color. After I apply it it's like I found the perfect lip color for my nude shade I've wanted for so long.

And I think lipstick stays put better on top of it, so yeah, i Like.

on 12/11/2007 12:35:00 PM

I bought this ages ago as I thought it sounded great. Ive been nothing but disappointed really, it doesnt make my lips look anymore plump than they already are, just feels like I have something thick and heavy on my lips and I dont like that. Sometimes its a good base for a lipstick, other times it feels awful.

I might try a bit of experimenting with it but I wont buy it again.

Popular Lip Treatments