October 23, 2014 | 2067 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam VI

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2007 10:17:00 PM More reviews by mpm64

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This looked bad on my NC25 skin...too warm or something. I do like Viva Glam V l/s and l/g, but this just didn't work on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2007 1:08:00 AM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This color looks great with my very pale skin, it really brightens me up. Perfect for day or night. It also looks great on my mother who has a darker olive complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2007 4:28:00 AM More reviews by xDebsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this colour. I've been looking for a red that's natural looking and not scary so I can wear it in the day and this is it! My HG lipstick used to be one called Koala by Beauty Without Cruelty but that was about 15 years ago and this really reminds me of it. I have pale, sallow skin, light brown hair with blonde highlights and hazel eyes, and this really brightens up my face. I haven't experimented yet with eye makeup to suit this but I can see it looking great with just mascara. I think this could become my HG red and will definitely get it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2007 7:58:00 PM More reviews by bethwalls77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So sad, I was really hoping this was my perfect color. It is just a little washed out on me. It is not enough color for me to bother with. Maybe a paler person can wear it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2007 9:12:00 PM More reviews by epaty

The color looks washed out on my beige tone and has a brown rasberry color to it. i bought it with the lipgloss but just looks like a shiny mess. I can see how this might look pretty on paler girls. Its red without being too obvious. This is my first mac lipstick and i'm not impressed. Flirt makes similar lipsticks and lipgloss for cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2007 11:28:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

After trying on the Viva Glam V and deciding that it just looked too light and sparkly on me, the MAC rep had me try VI, and it is beautiful! It has a pleasant smell (very faint vanilla), is comfortable (moisturizing but still has some staying power), and the color is very pretty. I have light skin, dark hair and eyes, and rosy pigmented lips. On me it is a wearable rose brown shade a little darker than my natural lip color. It looks great with a natural looking eye (just a little shadow or no shadow, and mascara). Great when you don't have a lot of time but want to look pulled together! Very nice!!
UPDATE: Still love this ... so wearable yet noticibly gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2007 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Jaimee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great neutral, your lips only better color. I am a PPP with dark hair and eyes and most neutral lipsticks wash me out. This one looks great both with and without make up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2007 3:05:00 PM More reviews by BebeLush

Just call this the brighter sister of Viva Glam V. I love this color! Just the perfect color to brighten up your whole face. Goes great with neutral and smokey colors. Deducted one lippie for it's lack of staying power.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2007 11:09:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have a sallow complexion and naturally dark lips (no rose tones) and have never been able to find a lipstick that would give me that nude/barely-there look and be flattering. The search has ended with MAC's new Viva Glam VI -- it looks boring in the tube (a frosted mocha), but on me I actually get some rosiness. It enhances my natural lip tone and has a soft shimmer. I can wear it alone or layered with gloss or on top of a brighter lipstick. Looks wonderful paired with a smokey eye or strong black liquid liner. This lipstick is a chameleon color (I tried it on a couple friends and some thought it looked like a brown plum and others said it was a brownish red...!!!) and fairly sheer...I feel it would work on anyone. I can't use this towards MAC's recycling program (return 6 empty containers for a free lipstick), but at least all the proceeds go to charity :D

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2007 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Brachanam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok, I NEVER wear lipstick. Probably haven't for about 5 years. I just wear colored gloss. Why? Because I have never really found a color I loved. (If it's too dark, I look like a drag queen, too light and I'm washed out.) With this shade I have FINALLY found something that looks great! I am in love with this shade. I am an NC20 w/ dark hair & hazel-green eyes. PS: It also looks stunning with a swipe of MAC Nymphette gloss.